Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Battle.net Bot Development | Icons

AuthorMessageTime
GhettoChild
Hey I was just wondering if there is anyway to change your icon on starcraft??
March 31, 2006, 7:32 AM
Topaz
no.
March 31, 2006, 7:49 AM
HeRo
Win more games.
March 31, 2006, 8:54 AM
Yegg
I'm only guessing that it is maybe possible. I don't know too much  information on how the Battle.net game clients show icons next to an account name, that is, where they get the icon from. It's been a while since I've fooled around with any of this, but maybe by doing some work around icons.bni, you can get some luck. Not really sure, I'm sure someone else can explain this to you more efficiently.

By the way, Topaz, why not be more informative than simply saying "no"?
March 31, 2006, 8:07 PM
laurion
[quote author=Yegg link=topic=14629.msg149501#msg149501 date=1143835646]
I'm only guessing that it is maybe possible. I don't know too much  information on how the Battle.net game clients show icons next to an account name, that is, where they get the icon from. It's been a while since I've fooled around with any of this, but maybe by doing some work around icons.bni, you can get some luck. Not really sure, I'm sure someone else can explain this to you more efficiently.

By the way, Topaz, why not be more informative than simply saying "no"?
[/quote]
icons.bni is stored on the server (and downloaded to sc? not sure) so thats a no go.
March 31, 2006, 8:55 PM
rabbit
Users aren't allowed to upload to BNFTP.  Thus, no.
March 31, 2006, 10:35 PM
FrOzeN
You could make a spy program to grab the location of the process memory in which the program stores the location of where to download the icons.bni from, and then redirect it to an independent file located on your computer. Though, this would be pretty difficult and would only change the icons on your computer, not showing up to other players. So not worth the trouble.

Note that what I said may not be entirely correct, as I don't have a very thorough knowledge on how windows works in the "very behind the scenes". So it may be stored in the stack memory or somewhere else. But should still be quite possible.
April 1, 2006, 2:09 AM
RealityRipple
I've written a custom icon thing into my bot, though it only shows up for people who USE my bot. To actually change an icon for everyone would not be impossible, but it would be very improbable. I'm sure if you managed to become the CEO of Blizzard, you could get your own icon.
April 2, 2006, 8:52 PM
Quarantine
no
April 3, 2006, 12:06 AM

Search