Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Gaming Discussion | Runescape?

AuthorMessageTime
Ishbar
Anyone - heard of / plays / played - the game?

If so, give some input on the game. Negative or Positive.  ;D
March 23, 2006, 3:53 AM
Topaz
Sucks.
March 23, 2006, 6:00 AM
dRAgoN
I used to be on the legendary list for chopping wood and setting fires lol
March 23, 2006, 6:47 AM
Ishbar
I thought the game was interesting when It became 3d, but unfortunately that interest died out quickly. The 2d version was much more enjoyable for everyone I think. The 3d version's advents are consisting of Neebs that insist graphics ARE everything in a game...If they care so much about graphics...boasting for a game based on Java isn't very good judgment.
March 23, 2006, 11:25 AM
QwertyMonster
I play this. I have 17mill on my account ( 2 Santa Hat's), and alot on my brothers. (Blue mask, Green mask, 4mill cash).

Around 46mill in total..
And i did have a yellow party hat (100MILL). Brother died and lost it. =[

Anyway, i prefered the 2d version, but meh oh well. I rarely play it anyway.
March 23, 2006, 7:11 PM
Ishbar
Yeah, 2d was much more enjoyable. I started playing I think arround the Sythe drop type. I missed that day I believe.
March 23, 2006, 7:53 PM
LW-Falcon
I tried playing it, but it was really boring...
March 23, 2006, 9:22 PM
Ishbar
Its really does get boring, the only thing that is remotely amusing is pking, probably becuase its its different every time rather than the grind of leveling up skills..
March 23, 2006, 10:02 PM
thing2
I played off and on for a couple of years when it was 2D.  I ran my toon around in beta 3D, lost interest and gave my account to a friend. 
March 23, 2006, 11:34 PM
Ishbar
I was around for the last major 2D drop party. ;)
March 24, 2006, 10:18 PM
QwertyMonster
If anybody has quit with anything like.. any colour party hat, xmas cracker or anything... send me a message on here. :P
March 25, 2006, 2:51 AM
Ishbar
Wanna know why your post count says 1733? Cause that question was so Un-1337 of you.  >:(
March 25, 2006, 4:03 AM
QwertyMonster
Eh? I don't get you. It was kinda a joke, although i wish it would come true. :P
March 25, 2006, 8:11 PM
oldeyed
ehh, I play runescape....was never around for the 2d version. but I like the 3d version ok...I am level 81 and have like 5mil.

I do find the f2p version rather boring (free to play)....but the members ($5 per month) version helps that problem out alot.
June 10, 2006, 6:36 PM
Desire
boring as hell
June 10, 2006, 11:02 PM
Yegg
[quote author=Desire link=topic=14568.msg154198#msg154198 date=1149980520]
boring as hell
[/quote]

I don't play nor  have I played in about 2 years, but Classic (which was the main game during my time) was a very great game. All they needed to do was design a better cheating detection and prevention system and they would be set. I don't know why they had to get rid of it or why people had to be stupid and ruin it for thousands of others.
June 11, 2006, 2:03 AM
oldeyed
They actually have a new cheating detection systen which works very well, they also have a report abuse section were other players can report those that are breaking the rules.....and another improvement they have made is that they are now linking accounts to eachother via trades and ip adress so that low level sub-accounts arent just being banned but the main account of the user which is a high-level and took time to build is also being banned because he\she is using their low level accounts to cheat and produce income and trade to the high-level main accounts.

Very crafty is you ask me   8)
June 11, 2006, 4:48 PM
Yegg
[quote author=oldeyed link=topic=14568.msg154244#msg154244 date=1150044525]
They actually have a new cheating detection systen which works very well, they also have a report abuse section were other players can report those that are breaking the rules.....and another improvement they have made is that they are now linking accounts to eachother via trades and ip adress so that low level sub-accounts arent just being banned but the main account of the user which is a high-level and took time to build is also being banned because he\she is using their low level accounts to cheat and produce income and trade to the high-level main accounts.

Very crafty is you ask me  8)
[/quote]

I know of all the updates made for the new game. I just think they should have been made for classic and left the gameplay the same way it's been for years before this Runescape 2 was developed and released.
June 12, 2006, 1:41 AM
oldeyed
Oh i see...well I really have no place in that arguement seeing as i wasn't playing before RS2 came out.

June 12, 2006, 7:46 PM
BaDaSs
Played this game from 2001-2003
Had 246mill, all party hats and whatnot, and was around lvl 100 before losing interest. Gave my account and stuff away and haven't seen the dude I gave it to since. I'd give it a thumbs up for players aged 10-15. Only worth playing if you get the members account, which requires you to pay (You can duel/more quests). Also, the community is full of idiots now, and the owners are more into making the money than actually having a good game.
August 24, 2006, 2:13 AM
Ninja
im super godly in this game.sorta.....
June 19, 2007, 12:16 AM

Search