Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | General Discussion | Re: Looking for a job..

AuthorMessageTime
JoeTheOdd
Yup. My parents are officially tired of giving me money. Me = entering work force.

So basically, I'm looking for a job that I can get with no experience (except in programming, but where can a teenager get a job like that?) that will make decent money. So far I'm considering a job at Wendy's (after school) or at Walmart (night shift over the summer). Anyone have any other suggestions?
March 22, 2006, 4:32 AM
Explicit[nK]
[quote author=Joe link=topic=14559.msg148835#msg148835 date=1143001941]
Yup. My parents are officially tired of giving me money. Me = entering work force.

So basically, I'm looking for a job that I can get with no experience (except in programming, but where can a teenager get a job like that?) that will make decent money. So far I'm considering a job at Wendy's (after school) or at Walmart (night shift over the summer). Anyone have any other suggestions?
[/quote]

Fast food places are nice to start off with, and after a few months, you could apply elsewhere because of your prior work experience with customers/money-handling/etc.
March 22, 2006, 4:35 AM
LordNevar
You could always join a branch of the service. It's not as hard as people think, and you get great work experience out of it and good money. You get to travel, and learn new thing's, and meet all sorts of different people of different ethenticities. I would suggest anything but the marines, not that I have anything against them personally, but everyone I know is branched washed in a bad way. I would lean towards the Airforce or the ARMY if you want to go into computers, than when you get out you have good experience, and they pay to send you to college. What's 2-3yrs for the rest of your life?
March 22, 2006, 4:59 AM
Myndfyr
When I was 16 (until I was 18) I worked for my local library.
March 22, 2006, 5:19 AM
LoRd
[quote]will make decent money[/quote]

[quote]or at Walmart (night shift over the summer)[/quote]

hah.  Good luck.
March 22, 2006, 5:37 AM
Forged
You do realize you have to be over 18 to work the night shift at wal-mart?

Fast Food places suck so much dick it isn't even funny, go for a job as an 'Adult Entertainment Telemarketer'
March 22, 2006, 5:47 AM
Topaz
[quote author=Joe link=topic=14559.msg148835#msg148835 date=1143001941]

[/quote]

Two hundred mexicans will get to that job before you do.
March 22, 2006, 5:53 AM
warz
The mall at clothing stores, car rental places or a restraunt (not fast food). I did all three of those in high school. Car rental was the best because I made the most money and it was th easier/most laid back.
March 22, 2006, 5:59 AM
CrAz3D
How old are you?

Most places won't let you work there unless you are 16.  Our mall won't let you work there til you're 17.  Some resaurants here you can't work til you're 18 + have your liquor license
March 22, 2006, 3:19 PM
jigsaw
Work at a gym, as front desk. You get people skills, being the face of the gym. Money handling skills, and SALES as in membership, all desirable skills. You meet hot chicks, you can be healthy, and lots of MILFS. I went from front desk --> to trainer --> to floor manager --> General Manager of 33 parttime and fulltime employees. Great experience@!
March 22, 2006, 7:59 PM
MysT_DooM
(Assuming your in high school)

WHile i was in high school I used to make Fake Report Cards and then sell them.

i used to charge $20 per marking period meaning
Ex)
Joe comes to me for a report card for the first marking period.
It costs $20
Second marking period comes around i charge him $40,
Third.............$60
4th.........80
get it?
i basically charged for the printing of each marking period :P
and yes people actually paid.

Need the right paper?
I went into the Guidance office of my school, at around 7am when hardly any1 is in the school except few teacher and janitors.  The report card paper was just sittin there in thier wooden fileing cabinents, so i jsut helped myself to a few stacks :)

Also you can charge $5 extra for changing thier attendace, cuz a lot of kids are afraid of showing thier parents that they've been out x numbers of days. 

I made the report card so genuine, that one clients mother who was a teacher, didnt even know the difference.  :P

The program i used making the report cards was something by microsoft, i forgot the actual name, but if i remember i'll tell you.  Actaully, just rememberd it was Visio.  :)

Good money, real good money this made me.

Then another thing to make me in high school is sell some drugs ;)
Taking a little bit of my money from the report card biz, i bought a oz for i believe $120.
then i just sold grams 20$ each and only grams from that oz.
made me some extra cash.

Oh, another thing i did while in high school was sell Napalm.  Really cool, interesting stuff.  Basically, you can get the recipe for it in that anarchist cookbook.  I font remember how much i sold it for, but the demand wasnt that big for it anywayz, but its still fun to play around with. 

Another thing, you could do is during your town elections, that Mayor's campaign team usually hires high schoolers, to go door to door and ask to vote for that mayor, i think they pay you maybe $70.

well theres somethings you can do :)
March 22, 2006, 9:20 PM
CrAz3D
[quote author=MysT_DooM link=topic=14559.msg148892#msg148892 date=1143062454]

Ex)
It costs $20
Third.............$60
4th.........80
get it?

Need the right paper?
I went into the Guidance office of my school, at around 7am when hardly any1 is in the school except few teacher and janitors.  The report card paper was just sittin there in thier wooden fileing cabinents, so i jsut helped myself to a few stacks :)

Also you can charge $5 extra for changing thier attendace, cuz a lot of kids are afraid of showing thier parents that they've been out x numbers of days. 

I made the report card so genuine, that one clients mother who was a teacher, didnt even know the difference.  :P

The program i used making the report cards was something by microsoft, i forgot the actual name, but if i remember i'll tell you.  Actaully, just rememberd it was Visio.  :)

Taking a little bit of my money from the report card biz, i bought a oz for i believe $120.
made me some extra cash.

Oh, another thing i did while in high school was sell Napalm.  Really cool, interesting stuff.  Basically, you can get the recipe for it in that anarchist cookbook.  I font remember how much i sold it for, but the demand wasnt that big for it anywayz, but its still fun to play around with. 

Another thing, you could do is during your town elections, that Mayor's campaign team usually hires high schoolers, to go door to door and ask to vote for that mayor, i think they pay you maybe $70.

[/quote]
Isn't that a felony?

You're stealing & then using the stolen property to forge a fake report card.  Nice.
Nice for the kids too, they're receiving stolen property, I assume they know its stolen, thats a crime too.
Way to go, tell Joe to become a criminal by profession, you're an awesome influence on people

Not to mention being a drug/explosives dealer
March 22, 2006, 9:24 PM
Rule

Ex)
It costs $20
Third.............$60
4th.........80
get it?

Need the right paper?

made me some extra cash.

[/quote]

While your intent was obviously to brag, now I feel sorry for you.  You need
help -- you're not mentally well.
March 22, 2006, 9:49 PM
The-Rabid-Lord
Dont work for a fast food joint. I have been stuck at McD for 1.5 years as I couldnt be bothered to find another one. Go for walmart man.
March 22, 2006, 10:20 PM
Forged
Mixed with it being an obvious lie.

A teacher wouldn't need to see her kids reportcard.  She could easily look anything she wanted to know up on the computer, and if the kid was doing bad the teacher would be notified anyway...

You couldn't sell something you spent $120 on for $20 a gram.  A $120oz would be terrible pot.

Napalm is easy to make, why would anyone ever buy it?
March 22, 2006, 10:29 PM
Topaz
[quote author=Rule link=topic=14559.msg148894#msg148894 date=1143064180]

Ex)
It costs $20
Third.............$60
4th.........80
get it?

Need the right paper?
I went into the Guidance office of my school, at around 7am when hardly any1 is in the school except few teacher and janitors. The report card paper was just sittin there in thier wooden fileing cabinents, so i jsut helped myself to a few stacks :)

I made the report card so genuine, that one clients mother who was a teacher, didnt even know the difference. :P

The program i used making the report cards was something by microsoft, i forgot the actual name, but if i remember i'll tell you. Actaully, just rememberd it was Visio. :)

made me some extra cash.

Oh, another thing i did while in high school was sell Napalm. Really cool, interesting stuff. Basically, you can get the recipe for it in that anarchist cookbook. I font remember how much i sold it for, but the demand wasnt that big for it anywayz, but its still fun to play around with.

[/quote]

While your intent was obviously to brag, now I feel sorry for you. You need
help -- you're not mentally well.
[/quote]

He's fine, he's just got a bit of a liar / attention whore streak. He'll grow out of it when he goes to high school.
March 22, 2006, 11:24 PM
MysT_DooM
[quote]While your intent was obviously to brag, now I feel sorry for you.  You need
help -- you're not mentally well.[/quote]
hmhmhm, everything has been misconstrued, nothing to brag about, was merely telling him what I used to do for money in High school.
[quote]
Mixed with it being an obvious lie.

A teacher wouldn't need to see her kids reportcard.  She could easily look anything she wanted to know up on the computer, and if the kid was doing bad the teacher would be notified anyway...

You couldn't sell something you spent $120 on for $20 a gram.  A $120oz would be terrible pot.

Napalm is easy to make, why would anyone ever buy it?
[/quote]
There is no lieing involved for there is no need to lie...
I should have explained the teacher part more, the kids mother is a middle school teacher, i.e meaning she is not a teacher in the high school the son goes to, but the point was it fooled a teacher.
Regarding the drugs you can sell $20 a gram and make the profit since there is around 26 grams in a oz.  For the pricing, in diffrent towns there are different prices of things, and for a town where pot is easiely available prices tend to be down...
Regarding napalm... i told you the demand for it wasnt good.

[quote]
He's fine, he's just got a bit of a liar / attention whore streak. He'll grow out of it when he goes to high school.
[/quote]
But im alrdy done with high school ....
and once again there is nothing to lie about and wat kind of attention would i possible want to seek online? hmm...
jealous you weren't as thrifty as me in high school :P

No point in firing back at me for i dont care enuff to reply ;)
sry for you guys taking everything out of context and for my ill bitted suggestion :(
March 23, 2006, 3:09 AM
rabbit
You obviously didn't do very well in English, then.
March 23, 2006, 11:58 PM
MysT_DooM
did 3n0ugh 70 gr4du473
March 24, 2006, 1:15 AM
CrAz3D
yay for America's public schools
March 24, 2006, 3:59 PM
Forged
[quote]Regarding the drugs you can sell $20 a gram and make the profit since there is around 26 grams in a oz.  For the pricing, in diffrent towns there are different prices of things, and for a town where pot is easiely available prices tend to be down...[/quote]
Last I checked there were 28 grams in an ounce, but what I am telling you is that the pot you could get for $120 an ounce would not be good enough to warrant spending $20 a gram, I don't even know if you could get by selling it for $10 a gram.
March 24, 2006, 5:53 PM
MysT_DooM
Well it wasnt the best weed, it was considered "regular"
but kids did buy them, so im not complaing.
everything in my town is like written in stone when it comes to weed.
basically if you have a gram, it cost $20, dimes 10
even if the shit is low grade still cost $20.
however, if you have something like some different kind of haze, i.e mango haze, which not many people readiely get, you bump the prices up double, grams $40 , dimes $20

thas just how it is over where i live...
March 24, 2006, 8:58 PM
Forged
A dime bag is ~5grams.  It is also a completelly diffrent type of pot then the kind you sell for $20 a gram...
March 25, 2006, 9:20 AM
MysT_DooM
A dime is not 5 grams......
a dime is half of a gram...
where are you from, cause maybe a dime in your area is diffrent then mine, but im pretty sure that the Universal dime is half of a gram...
It's all about your location.
March 25, 2006, 7:15 PM
PaiD
Wow. This topic went from Joe looking for a job to weed and drugs. Nice...
March 25, 2006, 7:20 PM
JoeTheOdd
I guess I forgot to mention that I'm 15. =p
March 25, 2006, 8:01 PM
Disco
Bag Boy.
March 25, 2006, 8:28 PM
JoeTheOdd
Thanks man.. =p
March 25, 2006, 10:10 PM
MysT_DooM
Mow lawns.
Shovel snow.
Babysit.
Telemarketer.
March 26, 2006, 12:38 AM
MrRaza
I work at starbucks, thanks to the admin that deleted my preivous post about the actual cost of marijuana. lol
March 26, 2006, 6:57 PM
Forged
[quote author=MysT_DooM link=topic=14559.msg149122#msg149122 date=1143314147]
A dime is not 5 grams......
a dime is half of a gram...
where are you from, cause maybe a dime in your area is diffrent then mine, but im pretty sure that the Universal dime is half of a gram...
It's all about your location.
[/quote]

You have two diffrent classes of bud

Shwag
a pound of the stuff will run you somewhere between $275 - $300
it sucks, that is what people sell dime bags of.

Nug
Varies in quality and name(KB, Hydro, ect...), but is a much better high and takes much less.
Cost between $250 - $600+ for an ounce.
The kind you would spend $250 on is bottom of the barrel and any self-respecting stoner would laugh in your face if you tried to get him to pay you $20 a gram for it.

I do live 2 hours from the mexican border, so I guess it could be much diffrent somewhere in the midwest or where ever the hell you live.
March 27, 2006, 2:14 AM
bethra
I worked at McDonald's for 5 summers... starting summer of 8th grade >_<;  Worst job ever, only reason I went back so many times is because I liked my co-workers and they totally loved me... the managers especially since I was a hardworker.

Working at a fast food place is a good place to start though and it gives you a better appreciation for jobs that aren't so crappy.
March 28, 2006, 10:16 PM
Forged
I worked as at Mcdonalds for a few months and I worked as a waiter for a month.  Both jobs sucked huge donkey balls.
March 28, 2006, 10:51 PM

Search