Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | General Discussion | Junior Prom

AuthorMessageTime
hismajesty
How long before this shindig starts are you supposed to ask someone to be your date?
March 19, 2006, 5:49 AM
JoeTheOdd
And how do you do it?
March 19, 2006, 5:57 AM
Disco
[quote author=Joe link=topic=14543.msg148636#msg148636 date=1142747879]
And how do you do it?
[/quote]
You take a piece of paper with 3 boxes on it and lable one box "Yes" one box "no" and one box "Maybe."  Then you just write "Will you go to the prom with me?  Check one:"
March 19, 2006, 6:06 AM
peofeoknight
The sooner the better, as you could get shot down. Also you need to ask early so the girl can have time to go dress shopping and make her hair and makeup appointments. Three weeks would be good. Just be yourself and ask. You are not asking for a long term commitment or intimate relationship, you are just asking her to go to a formal so present it as such. If she has a good time it could potentially turn into more, but just approach it like a 'just as friends' kind of thing.
March 19, 2006, 6:31 AM
jigsaw
For prom, just hire a really bangin' hot stripper. You'll get ALL the attention - everyone will be jelous.
March 19, 2006, 6:36 AM
The-Rabid-Lord
Think of the film "The Girl Next Door".
March 19, 2006, 12:29 PM
hismajesty
Um this girl is already my friend, and a teacher and some other people said I should ask her to prom. Two of my friends think I should ask her out. We go places together (but her best friend, who's also my friend, always come) Last night we went to dinner and then I invited them to go see a movie. Her parents were iffy on the movie and I finally had to meet them last night. Her entire family thinks that we're dating, and her best friends mom (who I've met and she thinks I'm "cute" and "nice") thought her daughter was just going to cover up for a date between me and the other girl.

I'm pretty sure she'll say yes (because all the signs point to her liking me) plus she's a sophmore so she can go to JP a year early.

I had mentioned to her that my debate coach and some other people were saying I should ask someone to JP on the phone, and she wanted to know who and after saaying no at first I told her. She wasn't like "uh, well that's not going to happen" or anything. So, I think timing is more of a concern for me then her saying no - because really I hadn't even planned on going.

(I'm not going to post it here, but if you're interested in the full story then it's here.)
March 19, 2006, 1:06 PM
Trance
Haha, dude I think you got it in the bag. You're already calling her and stuff. I'm sure she knows anyway since you're not making it much of a secret and well, it is high school after all.. So just go for it.
March 19, 2006, 1:48 PM
hismajesty
[quote author=Trance link=topic=14543.msg148653#msg148653 date=1142776119]
Haha, dude I think you got it in the bag. You're already calling her and stuff. I'm sure she knows anyway since you're not making it much of a secret and well, it is high school after all.. So just go for it.
[/quote]

For reference: girl1 = girl I like; girl2=best friend of girl1, also a friend of mine.

Actually I didn't have her number until yesterday, but she had mine. I got hers when she text messaged me. We hadn't started talking on the phone until Friday night I don't think. I had debate then too and after I was finished with my part (ended early, had to wait for others to finish) I called girl2 and we 3-way'd with girl1 for an hour and a half.

And I don't think I'm making it that obvious. It'd be better if I could go somewhere with girl1 alone, but it's always been with girl2. One reason for this is everytime (except like twice) girl1 had to get permission from her parents to go to girl2s house, but then I would take them to lunch or something. I went over girl2s house twice, and the last time on Thursday they were trying to get me to skip my lacrosse game and stay. :\

Now that I've met her parents, it's either going to be easier to do stuff  or worse. I'm not sure yet. She said she'd call me today and tell me what her parents said about me, but I'm thinking I'll probably call her about it.
March 19, 2006, 2:33 PM
Trance
Ah still though, you're talking to her on the phone now so you're doing fine. Just ask her to get some food with you or something. Is there stuff to do at her house? If you hang out there a few times and get along with everyone you should earn the parents trust and then you'll be good to go.

Where do you live anyway? Parents seem a lot more conservative where you are than here.

:P It's obvious when people start to tell you to take her or ask her out.
March 19, 2006, 2:52 PM
hismajesty
I've eaten dinner with her 3 or 4 times, including last night. I've had lunch with her outside of school many times, and I eat lunch with her in school every day. The problem is that her best friend has been with her every time. Every other day I go to the library during my study hall, and both of them have been going to...but her best friend has to go back to gym (sprained ankle couldn't participate for a couple weeks.) So it'll just be us in there for the rest of the year, so that should help some.

I live in Virginia. I just think certain parents are more conservative about it, I haven't even told my mom I've been hanging out with them. I told her I was going to lunch with some lacrosse guys the other day and I actually went with them, and then yesterday I said I was going to dinner w/ debate people and I totally left out the fact that they were going to the movies with me. I know my mom would just jump to conclusions like everyone else is.

The thing about people telling me is weird too:
A good friend of mine seriously thinks she likes me and he thinks I like her.
My other friend said I was moving in "the negative direction" by liking/hanging out with her (because she's a sophmore, and not in this group of really slutty girls he likes but has no chance with. And because she doesn't hang out with the people I "should" hang out with (not that he hangs out with them either, and they're all people I was friends with in middle school but don't really like.) On Friday he said I should just go ahead and ask her out because there's nobody left. So it was hardly sincere.

At debate they were talking about junior prom. My debate coach, and 3 or 4 girls said I should ask this girl. However, it also happens to be that none of them (including the coach) like her that much. So I don't know what's up with that. I was talking to Warrior about it and he thinks she definitely likes me and she didn't seem to object to everyone saying I should ask her to prom and she was interested in WHO they said to ask. She also (I'm guessing jokingly) suggested we might as well tell everyone we're together since everyone thinks that already. I guess that also shows she's not fully against it maybe? I'm just wondering about timing.
March 19, 2006, 3:11 PM
Trance
Well I meant just the two of you as far as lunch or whatever is concerned. Don't wait for it just try it out.

Don't read too much into her asking who you're taking to prom, girls are interested in that stuff in general usually. Also she may be just messing around when she said you guys should tell everyone you're together, so don't read too much into that either.

The only real sign I can see is that you guys have been talking on the phone a lot (unless I'm mistaken). But what you really need to do is just get some one on one time, is there an ice rink where you live? Those are great for this kind of thing. If things go well then ask her to go to prom. I wouldn't suggest asking her out just yet.
March 19, 2006, 4:04 PM
hismajesty
Ice rink isn't open anymore, it's only open in the winter. There's another one but it's in a neighboring city and it's not that great.

We haven't been talking on the phone much, but we did talk for 5 hours on AIM (split between two days, 3.5 one day 1.5 the next.) Her family all thinks we're dating/somethings up because she never talks to people online, especially for that long, and she generally doesn't mention guys around the house that often either. I'm really anxious for her to call me and tell me what her parents said about me, but she's at her sisters birthday party...where she expects her whole family will be questioning her about me.

She also told her parents we were "engaged and expecting" The engaged part was my idea but the expecting part was hers. I didn't think she'd actually tell them that though.
March 19, 2006, 5:17 PM
hismajesty
Eh she just called me. She's at her sisters birthday party at laser tag, she got bored in the middle of the game and sat down in the corner and called me while 30 12 year olds sat there and shot her.

She told me that her Dad called her down this morning for breakfast and he made pancakes in the shape of an "L" and "M." When she went over her grandparents house before going to the party I guess, her grandpa was like "So I heard you went on a date last night!" and Lauren said that she didn't, and he said "that's not what your mom said."

I'm guessing her parents aren't totally against me...
March 19, 2006, 5:52 PM
CrAz3D
According to your x86 post she already knows people (& probably you) think you should ask her...I think she's expecting it.  Ya might want to do it decently soon so she ain't left hanging, does anyone else concur with that?
March 19, 2006, 5:57 PM
hismajesty
She knows people think I should ask her to junior prom, not out as a girlfriend. Everyone just thinks she's already my girlfriend (as far as parents and stuff.) I guess I'm gonna have to tell my mom where I've been going, or at least start saying that I'm w/ Lauren instead of making someone up in the future (though I choose my words so that I'm telling the truth but I paint a different picture. For instance, "Patrick and I were thinking about going to lunch so we did." It's true we were both thinking about it, but we went different places.)

Ehh. I'll probably ask her after I get back from Florida.
March 19, 2006, 6:07 PM
CrAz3D
Confidence is always good.  Skip the letter & do it in person.
March 19, 2006, 6:13 PM
Trance
[quote author=CrAz3D link=topic=14543.msg148666#msg148666 date=1142791030]
According to your x86 post she already knows people (& probably you) think you should ask her...I think she's expecting it.  Ya might want to do it decently soon so she ain't left hanging, does anyone else concur with that?
[/quote]
I agree with CrAz3D I wouldn't wait to long or you may miss the boat. When do you get back from FL?

She seems like she's interested, so I'd say go for it. Just go do something with her alone. Anywhere from a nice little park to dinner & a movie should work man.

[quote author=CrAz3D link=topic=14543.msg148671#msg148671 date=1142792024]
Confidence is always good.  Skip the letter & do it in person.
[/quote]
Definitly must do it in person!
March 19, 2006, 6:20 PM
hismajesty
Um yeah I'd definitely do it in person. I get back from Florida next Tuesday.

Obviously her parents didn't hate me, so I'm hoping maybe I can do something alone with her when I get back.
March 19, 2006, 6:26 PM
Trance
If you can do it before you leave then I think you should.
March 19, 2006, 7:01 PM
hismajesty
She didn't eat the pancakes.
Her mom said she had an extra ticket for the LQ birthday and told Lauren that she wondered if Matt would like to come. Lauren said I hate laser tag and wouldn't want to come. (I actually like it and she knows that.)
I heard Scarlett yelling at Lauren in the background for calling me as soon as she got home.
Her grandpa was asking her all about her "date" and she just said it wasn't a date but that it was fun.

Ehh. I think I'll wait a little longer I don't know if she likes me or not and I don't want to take a chance and ruin the friendship.
March 19, 2006, 7:15 PM
CrAz3D
hmm, women are confusing.
...maybe jacque will come post later, I dunno.

Just ask her to prom when you get back from florida.  maybe call her once whike you're there so she knows you were thinkin of her
March 19, 2006, 7:45 PM
Trance
You guys are already good friends (i think) so I don't see why she would say no to going with you. Just don't make a big deal out of it, say something like "you know how I've been wanting to go to prom? Would you want to go with me?"

Now if you're gonna ask her out you need to remember something before you do that.. it's VERY rare that you'll ever be able to go back to 'just friends' so if you ever decide to ask her out have a talk with her about it don't just ask her out of no where.

Don't call her while you're gone, it seems like she's being overwhelmed by family so if anything she'll need a break and to miss you a bit. If she calls you while you're gone or texts you (because of long distance) then you're good to go. By the way what do you guys talk about on the phone?

When you said next tuesday do you mean the 28th?
March 19, 2006, 7:58 PM
hismajesty
yes the 28th is when I return.

Well we've only been talking on the phone this weekend, and mostly it was while I was at my debate tournament so it was mostly about what was going on there and the people there.

I explained this all to a girl I know and she thinks she definitely likes me and I should definitely ask her.
March 19, 2006, 8:09 PM
CrAz3D
[quote author=Trance link=topic=14543.msg148681#msg148681 date=1142798285]
You guys are already good friends (i think) so I don't see why she would say no to going with you. Just don't make a big deal out of it, say something like "you know how I've been wanting to go to prom? Would you want to go with me?"

Now if you're gonna ask her out you need to remember something before you do that.. it's VERY rare that you'll ever be able to go back to 'just friends' so if you ever decide to ask her out have a talk with her about it don't just ask her out of no where.

Don't call her while you're gone, it seems like she's being overwhelmed by family so if anything she'll need a break and to miss you a bit. If she calls you while you're gone or texts you (because of long distance) then you're good to go. By the way what do you guys talk about on the phone?

When you said next tuesday do you mean the 28th?
[/quote]
Wouldn't calling once over the "gone week" (mid week to late week) let HER know you're thinkin of her?  One call is what I'm thinkin, nothing overly obsessive.
March 19, 2006, 8:23 PM
Trance
Well if it's more than like 3 days then yeah, call.

bleh HM just ask her to prom, it won't ruin your friendship if you just play it off casually as friends.
March 19, 2006, 8:40 PM
hismajesty
I don't really want to go as friends.
March 19, 2006, 9:10 PM
Forged
I didn't go to jr. prom, but I asked my date to sr. prom maybe a month early.  Roughly a week before the tickets went on sale.

March 19, 2006, 9:20 PM
Explicit[nK]
Do you think you're falling for her?

Edit: Just reread through the posts.  At the risk of sounding rude: don't be a weenie, just go for it.
March 19, 2006, 9:21 PM
hismajesty
Ugh. I was text messaging her today in class (she was in Spanish and I was in Bio) telling her why I wasn't in lunch and stuff, and her teacher took her phone away. My school has a policy that the first time your phone is taken away you can have a parent get it...but the 2nd time they hold it until June. I feel kinda bad cause it's my fault, but even worse because now I can't talk to her while I'm in FL.
March 20, 2006, 11:05 PM
Forged
If her parents go to the school and bitch she will get her phone back.  I've had friends who had their phones taken up on a regular basis, and they always managed to get them back.
March 20, 2006, 11:12 PM
hismajesty
[quote author=Forged link=topic=14543.msg148749#msg148749 date=1142896364]
If her parents go to the school and bitch she will get her phone back. I've had friends who had their phones taken up on a regular basis, and they always managed to get them back.
[/quote]

No they had this new policy like approved through the lawyer and a bunch of stuff, we had a big annoucement about it like a month ago. Some black girl told on her (who was also texting) because she doesn't like her, and after it got taken away they were high-fiving each other and saying how after she gets it back they're going to get it taken again.
March 20, 2006, 11:23 PM
Disco
[quote author=hismajesty[yL] link=topic=14543.msg148750#msg148750 date=1142897001]
[quote author=Forged link=topic=14543.msg148749#msg148749 date=1142896364]
If her parents go to the school and bitch she will get her phone back. I've had friends who had their phones taken up on a regular basis, and they always managed to get them back.
[/quote]

No they had this new policy like approved through the lawyer and a bunch of stuff, we had a big annoucement about it like a month ago. Some black girl told on her (who was also texting) because she doesn't like her, and after it got taken away they were high-fiving each other and saying how after she gets it back they're going to get it taken again.
[/quote]
Wow, what bitches.

I think (as Trance mentioned) that you should ask find something to do alone together and you should ask her then.  A picnic might be alright if it weren't so could outside.  Ice skating was a good idea, but something like going to one of those places where you get dinner and see a comedian or something would be good also.
March 20, 2006, 11:27 PM
CrAz3D
[quote author=hismajesty[yL] link=topic=14543.msg148748#msg148748 date=1142895907]
Ugh. I was text messaging her today in class (she was in Spanish and I was in Bio) telling her why I wasn't in lunch and stuff, and her teacher took her phone away. My school has a policy that the first time your phone is taken away you can have a parent get it...but the 2nd time they hold it until June. I feel kinda bad cause it's my fault, but even worse because now I can't talk to her while I'm in FL.
[/quote]tsk tsk.
her parents may not be so happy about that

texting in class, trust
March 20, 2006, 11:32 PM
hismajesty
[quote author=CrAz3D link=topic=14543.msg148752#msg148752 date=1142897531]
[quote author=hismajesty[yL] link=topic=14543.msg148748#msg148748 date=1142895907]
[/quote]tsk tsk.

texting in class, trust
[/quote]

when the phone actually got taken away she was sending a text message to her mom. (they were texting about afternoon plans, lauren wanted to go to scarletts...)
March 20, 2006, 11:36 PM
Trance
Ah don't worry about that, she's not going to blame you or anything lol...
March 20, 2006, 11:53 PM
hismajesty
[quote author=Trance link=topic=14543.msg148757#msg148757 date=1142898813]
Ah don't worry about that, she's not going to blame you or anything lol...
[/quote]

Yeah we already talked about it, she pretty much blames the girls that told on her.

She's going to the store w/ her mom and she's going to ask her if she's allowed to go with me to the girls lacrosse game tomorrow...just us, no scarlett. In the event she says yes, awesome! Most likely the game will be cancelled tomorrow though, because there is a 60% chance of rain/snow, and a big huge storm heading toward Eastern VA. Maybe I'll get lucky and it will go somewhere else though...

If they say yes and it's rained out, I told her I'd take her home. So at least it's some alone time either way.
March 21, 2006, 12:08 AM
jigsaw
go up to the girl and say: "Tell your mom to quit texting me." I saw it on a shirt, and its funny. Then punch her in the belly.
March 21, 2006, 12:13 AM
hismajesty
March 21, 2006, 12:14 AM
hismajesty
[quote author=CrAz3D link=topic=14543.msg148752#msg148752 date=1142897531]
[/quote]tsk tsk.
[/quote]

"How can I trust you to go to a lacrosse game without your phone when you blatantly disobey your teacher and text in class? You think you can just run around and do whatever and not have any consequences."

So far her mom said to ask her dad and her dad said that^ plus "I'll get back to you."

Haha. :\
March 21, 2006, 12:52 AM
Trance
::) Well of course he's gonna be pissed when she first tells him. He's not mad at you and that's what counts.  Hell, why don't you just ask her to take a walk with you around campus during the lunch or something? It doesn't have to be super planned man just go for it.

:P Now don't come back here without any results!
March 21, 2006, 1:25 AM
hismajesty
We're not allowed outside. It doesn't matter though, I have study hall with her...so we're in the library by ourselves for an hour and a half.
March 21, 2006, 1:26 AM
MrRaza
Try Coffee, buy her a drink, sit down, talk.
March 21, 2006, 1:46 AM
hismajesty
[quote author=MrRaza link=topic=14543.msg148773#msg148773 date=1142905611]
Try Coffee, buy her a drink, sit down, talk.
[/quote]

Yeah. If her dad lets her go with me tomorrow, since the game doesn't start until an hour and a half after school I thought about taking her to get some coffee before hand.
March 21, 2006, 1:49 AM
Null
This concludes another day in the bold and beatiful, trust your a fucking crackhead, do what jigsaw said, go up to her ask her out if she says no,  punch her in the stomach  ::)
March 21, 2006, 2:22 AM
St0rm.iD
I have the greatest pickup lines for these situations. You require one (1) elevator, and three (3) bean burritos.

Step 1: Eat burritos
Step 2: Wait three hours
Step 3: Enter elevator with Party A alone
Step 4: Rip a silent, smelly fart
Step 5: Blame it on her

Works every time!
March 21, 2006, 2:45 AM
Quarantine
Man just tell her to hit the black bitch, end of story.
Girls are like that in my school only I tell them to shut the fuck up and wipe that herpes of their lips.
March 21, 2006, 3:08 AM
laurion
[quote author=Warrior link=topic=14543.msg148779#msg148779 date=1142910526]
Man just tell her to hit the black bitch, end of story.
Girls are like that in my school only I tell them to shut the fuck up and wipe that herpes of their lips.

[/quote]
rofl! yes trust, take a lesson from warrior: command repect from the bitches!

ex. instead of
"Hey Sam, can you please get me a snack?"
try
"bitch get me a hoagie and shut up."

I think the latter will yield the best results, at least in my experience.
March 21, 2006, 3:58 AM
jigsaw
Ok enough, Go out and get "Prom for dummies" I wrote most of it, grok wrote the rest. It should tell you how to do it, and most importantly how to seal the deal!
Here is a picture of me and my date for the prom[img]http://www.valhallalegends.com/jigsaw/mattjenna.jpg[/img]
March 21, 2006, 6:05 AM
laurion
[quote author=jigsaw link=topic=14543.msg148785#msg148785 date=1142921155]
Ok enough, Go out and get "Prom for dummies" I wrote most of it, grok wrote the rest.
[/quote]
isnt grok 55
March 21, 2006, 6:19 AM
jigsaw
55! No, grok is much younger than that you dope :)
March 21, 2006, 7:49 AM
Null
skip the prom and just get on with the after party?
March 21, 2006, 8:54 AM
Forged
jdugeing by the girls parents there will be no after party for her, which is a shame because the after prom party was a fucking blast.

Your school sounds like it sucks ass though, you can't go outside or leave the campus during lunch?
March 21, 2006, 8:48 PM
hismajesty
No game today.

I did text message Scarlett during my last bell to see if Lauren wanted a ride home. She didn't get the message but I caught up with them in the hall and asked if they both wanted one. I told her I tried text messaging her, but then she read it and got mad because it just said "Lauren." So I made up that "originally I was going to give Lauren a ride home anyway because of the game and stuff, but since it's raining I figured...you'd have to walk home in the rain too!" (Lauren had looked at me and mouthed "She's mad" but Lauren said "good job!" after I came up with that line.) Unfortunately, Lauren decided to call her mom and see if she could go to Scarlett's house and she said yes. I was looking forward to dropping off Scarlett and getting to drive Lauren home by herself, and maybe stop somewhere. Oh well. I stayed at Scarlett's for about an hour or so though.
March 21, 2006, 8:53 PM
CrAz3D
WTF!?
Lauren was messaging her mom & her mom got mad at her, wtf is with women!?

*high five* it aint your fault though ;)

what kind of stupid girls taddle on someone cuz they're texting?!  highschool sucks, trust, graduate...NOW
March 21, 2006, 10:00 PM
hismajesty
Lauren told me she was texting her mom when it happened (she had been sending a message to me, but her mom texted her so she was replying.) She told Scarlett that she was just texting me. Ehh.

Her mom didn't get mad at her about it, her dad did...because her phone was taken away last week too.

The girls hate her.
March 21, 2006, 10:32 PM
Rule
[quote author=hismajesty[yL] link=topic=14543.msg148813#msg148813 date=1142980321]
The girls hate her.
[/quote]

Why?
March 21, 2006, 10:33 PM
hismajesty
[quote author=Rule link=topic=14543.msg148814#msg148814 date=1142980419]
[quote author=hismajesty[yL] link=topic=14543.msg148813#msg148813 date=1142980321]
The girls hate her.
[/quote]

Why?
[/quote]

because she's not their "babys mommas daddys cousin" as lauren put it. Uhhh, I don't know. She tries to be nice to them and stuff but it's just one of those situations. The one who sits next to her says how she wishes she had a smarter partner and stuff (and lauren has like a grade 20 points higher than her...)
March 21, 2006, 10:59 PM
Quarantine
Just hit her already
March 21, 2006, 11:47 PM
Null
yer  smash the bitch into oblivion
March 22, 2006, 12:31 AM
The-FooL
Stop bitching out and just ask her like its no big deal.  If she says no, then don't act like it means anything, and ask someone else.
March 22, 2006, 3:23 AM
hismajesty
Um yeah I had the perfect opportunity tonight online, my friend said I was an idiot for not taking it. Another friend (girl) said she definitely wants me to ask and is persuing me now...

(We were talking about a conversation my mom and I had...I told her how I'd been sneaking around with Lauren/Scarlett and how I'd been thinking of asking Lauren to prom.)

[quote](21:22:54) Me: actually most of the conversation was about prom
(21:23:00) Lauren: oh.
(21:23:14) Me: and then she asked about me being at scarletts house
(21:23:17) Me: so the convo kinda switched
(21:23:23) Lauren: ohhh
(21:23:45) Lauren: like maybe you were talking about prom because you wanted to like, take scarlett to prom or something[/quote]

Perfect response: "Or maybe I want to take you, or something"

And uh, I jokingly said that "I guess my dates are Patrick and Shawn so I'll have to match them" (I was asking her what she preferred, bowtie/cummerbund or vest/tie)

[quote](21:53:44) Lauren: you should ask shawn. since he's your date and all[/quote]

I would have asked the first time, but I wanted to ask in person. Her dad made her get off of the computer so she called me, but then she had to go. Maybe I'll be able to ask before I leave for Florida tomorrow, my mom said she advises I ask before I leave so I can give her an extra week to find a dress.
March 22, 2006, 3:36 AM
Quarantine
Do it Trust, she's throwing herself at you man..
March 22, 2006, 4:01 AM
Trance
[quote author=The-FooL link=topic=14543.msg148831#msg148831 date=1142997836]
Stop bitching out and just ask her like its no big deal.  If she says no, then don't act like it means anything, and ask someone else.
[/quote]
+1.5million
March 22, 2006, 1:22 PM
CrAz3D
Just Do It™!
I swear I'll come over there & take your wheel while you're at school so you can't leave until you ask this chick out!
March 22, 2006, 3:16 PM
hismajesty
So basically I suck at life and don't deserve to go to prom.

So I get to school really early so that I'll see her, well I do and she asks why I'm here and I said I was coming for my first class (I was really only coming to talk to her/ask her to prom.) Well, we walked around school and stuff and she mentioned how I should just go to breakfast...well I misunderstood her as saying "we should go to breakfast" so I said "do you want to?" Well, so we went to breakfast at IHOP instead of class. (My mom didn't even know why I was going to school today, but Lauren actually skipped health.) Anyway, so when my mom called (like 4 times) the school to say I could leave they couldn't find me. I didn't get in trouble though much, because I talked my way out of it without saying I took some girl to breakfast.

Anyway, she wasn't really hungry but I kinda made her get something...but neither of us ate our meal...but this was the first time I actually got to pay, but she made me let her leave tip....even though I tried so hard not to let her.

Anyway it was kind of awkward with alot of silent moments, I didn't want to ask her in the restaurant because like...if she said no then thatd be an awkward ride back to school. So I mentioned our lax game on that day, and she was like "isn't that the day of your prom?" and I said "yeah, do you want to go to the game...well if you aren't busy" and she said yes, and I wanted to be like "or you could go to prom with me on the 6tht oo" or something. Anyway,  I didn't. So when I get to school for her next class, my friend is pulling up and we walk withi him a little, I whisper for him to go in a different door and I was going to walk lauren to the front door and then ask along the way. But naturally some guy HAD to open the door for my friend so we had to go in that door too. So Lauren and I walk around some and I start to bring up prom/the lax game again...but I can't get it out. Finally the bell rings and I walk her to class, but my school has this thing where the teachers lock their doors for 10 or 15 minutes (to catch skippers/late people) and I knew I had to ask now because we were walking fast to her class after the bell rang. I was like "now or never" and as we were turning the corner I started to ask..but her teacher was locking the door in front of her and she was like "bye" and kinda ran in, and I followed. But her teacher wouldn't let me stay for the lockin period (hes my former teacher) and everyone in the class kinda watched as begged him to let me. Well, he didn't. So then they decide not to have people unlock the doors for wayyy long. So I'm kinda standing outside of her classroom looking in the door for about 20 minutes, every once in awhile some of her classmates kinda stare at me then turn around. Lauren gets up and gives me a "hold on" sign, so I do for a few more minutes but then I have to leave because I notice I was supposed to be home NO LATER than 3 minutes earlier than it was. It sucked. So I sent her a myspace message saying what happened, and I'm considering asking her to prom tomorrow night online. I didn't want to do it that way, but I need to get it done.

I thought about writing like "PROM?" on my sisters hello-kitty etch-a-sketch, and then taking a picture of it and sending it to her or something. Either that or I'm going to have to wait until I get back, and take her home or something and put a notecard in my visor-mirror that says "PROM?" in it, she often looks in that mirror and does makeup or something when in the car so it'd fall down into her lap. I didn't want to wait that long because prom is in like 44 days...and you're supposed to put tux orders in a month in advance. And by the time I get back it won't give her much time for dress shopping.

Oh well. My grandparents have a laptop and desktop so I kinda just took the laptop and sat in my room on my bed. Dialup kinda sucks but oh well. I didn't catch lauren online tonight (she had already gone to bed when I got one) but maybe I'll catch her tomorrow.
March 23, 2006, 4:22 AM
laurion
This story is getting good!

Trust, heard of a phone?  :D
March 23, 2006, 4:29 AM
Quarantine
haha it is, we're taking trusts life for enjoyment! Lol!
March 23, 2006, 4:35 AM
The-FooL
Stalking her outside her classroom?  Woah, don't go overboard man.  Here's your conversation for online.

You:  Hey, so you know how weve been talking about prom a lot?
Her:  yeah blah blah blah
You:  Do you want to go with me?

Copy and paste it or something.  You don't know how easy it is to piss off a girl by not stepping up to the plate in time. 
March 23, 2006, 4:40 AM
hismajesty
[quote author=Tazo link=topic=14543.msg148928#msg148928 date=1143088157]
This story is getting good!

Trust, heard of a phone? :D
[/quote]

Uhhh yeah. But remember her phone was taken away? I guess I could call her home phone, but I didn't really want to explain why I was calling her house to her parents. I know her mom stayed home today, but if I call tomorrow after the time school would end I might be able to catch her home by herself. Either that or her dad will be home...he owns a construction company or something and basically makes his own hours.

the-fool: stalking, no. I was waiting for her to be able to come out, but i guess the teacher wouldnt let her. I was hoping hed let her to go the restroom or something and
I could just flat out ask her then. Your convo suggestion sounds good, and I'll probably do that...but I kind of like the hello kitty thing. haha. Maybe I could next-day air mail her a postcard that asked to go to prom or something. Nahhh.

I will be going to my junior prom with this girl, so I don't know what the big deal is for me. I pretty much know for a fact she'll say yes.
March 23, 2006, 4:45 AM
FrOzeN
It sounds as if you have a 99.9% chance of receiving a "yes, I will go to the prom with you" answer. Yet, on every opportunity you have had to ask her you hesitate. Wtf?
March 23, 2006, 4:57 AM
laurion
[quote author=hismajesty[yL] link=topic=14543.msg148932#msg148932 date=1143089111]

.... I guess I could call her home phone, but I didn't really want to explain why I was calling her house to her parents.
[/quote]
her parents ask you why you're calling?  :o seriously?
March 23, 2006, 8:04 AM
Null
Your the wolrds largest drama queen and your not even a chick  :o
March 23, 2006, 9:41 AM
Trance
Ah don't be cheesy just get it done. I don't know when you leave but it really is better to do it in person... it'll help you gain some confidence (which is what you need) so if you can do that before you leave that'd be good. If you catch her and she's with other people just ask her if you can talk to her for a second and then go off to the side so you can just ask her. If you're already gone then well just call her and ask or wait until you get back. Don't be lame and ask her over the internet :P
March 23, 2006, 1:00 PM
hismajesty
[quote author=Tazo link=topic=14543.msg148949#msg148949 date=1143101077]
[quote author=hismajesty[yL] link=topic=14543.msg148932#msg148932 date=1143089111]

.... I guess I could call her home phone, but I didn't really want to explain why I was calling her house to her parents.
[/quote]
her parents ask you why you're calling? :o seriously?
[/quote]

I've never called her home phone, but it's possible.

Effect: I'm just trying to maximize my success potential.

Trance: Yeah, I left...that's why I couldn't wait for her any longer to find a way out of class... I had to catch my flight. I'll see what happens but I would prefer to ask in person so I can see her reaction and make sure her answer is pure.
March 23, 2006, 2:13 PM
CrAz3D
Call her house.  Her parents will let you talk.  They let you take her out, they'll let you talk to her.

Just ask, you have to do it sometime or another, oughta start now while you have a good chance of being accepted.
March 23, 2006, 3:23 PM
Explicit[nK]
Trust, you're taking extremely too long with this.
March 23, 2006, 5:47 PM
hismajesty
um yea she said yes. she was kind or irritated that it took me so long and she said she almost like...told me that shed go with me, but decided that maybe I wasn't going to ask her so that'd just be awkward.

And she kinda kept reminding me how I hadn't asked her
And then I asked and she kinda paused and was like "um...yes"

She knew I was going to, she had already discussed looking at dresses witih her friend.

So we kinda talked from like 8:30pm - 1:35AM (now...were still talking.)
March 24, 2006, 6:31 AM
Trance
lmao.. now was that so hard?  :o
March 24, 2006, 6:34 AM
Explicit[nK]
[quote author=hismajesty[yL] link=topic=14543.msg149036#msg149036 date=1143181872]
um yea she said yes. she was kind or irritated that it took me so long and she said she almost like...told me that shed go with me, but decided that maybe I wasn't going to ask her so that'd just be awkward.

And she kinda kept reminding me how I hadn't asked her
And then I asked and she kinda paused and was like "um...yes"

She knew I was going to, she had already discussed looking at dresses witih her friend.

So we kinda talked from like 8:30pm - 1:35AM (now...were still talking.)
[/quote]

Take this how you will: EFFIN NEWB!  :P  You could've saved yourself all that grief by just asking her, heh.  Congratulations, though!  :)
March 24, 2006, 11:41 AM
Quarantine
Mission success.
March 24, 2006, 12:13 PM
hismajesty
Here's pretty much how it went:

(We were talking about what my friend Chris said to me before she and I went to breakfast. She knew he was talking to me about prom, I'm sure, and she even went as far as to tell me what her best friend was saying yesterday and stuff after breakfast ("Has he asked you yet, did he ask you, etc.")

Anyway (paraphrase):
Me: "And he told me to make sure I ask you."
Her: "Which you didn't."
Me: "Um..yeah, but not for lack of trying."
Her: "Yeah, I know."
Me: "Um...so do you want to go?"
[pause]
Her: "Um...yeah"
Me: "That wasn't as hard as I expected."

She said she wanted to throw up when I asked her to go...and that like she was really nervous (as I was.) I think she could tell I was FINALLY going to ask last night.
March 24, 2006, 2:14 PM
CrAz3D
FINALLY!  *high five*

The etch-a-sketch thing coulda been cool, but at least you finally did it!
March 24, 2006, 3:57 PM
Fr0z3N
Congrats, although I do think it took a bit longer then expected (I've lost girls like that).
March 24, 2006, 9:54 PM
hismajesty
It took 6 days.  (But I didn't start attempting until like 4 days ago.)

She had some awkward moments today though, like two of my friends just kinda stared at her...and my other one patted her on the back and said "good job lauren" and stuff. And her mom seems to be ok with it but she has to ask her dad..
March 24, 2006, 10:36 PM
CrAz3D
If she was that sure of it then its too long ;)
March 24, 2006, 10:53 PM
Quarantine
[quote author=Fr0z3N link=topic=14543.msg149068#msg149068 date=1143237275]
Congrats, although I do think it took a bit longer then expected (I've lost girls like that).
[/quote]

Yep, worst way to lose a girl :/
March 25, 2006, 12:37 PM
hismajesty
she looked at dresses today, no purchases yet. I bought socks and some new cologne which everyone thinks smells magnificent on me - hopefully Lauren does too.

I've been looking at restaurants. I've got it basically down to these two restaurants - ones Italian and one is seafood/steak. Lauren doesn't really like fish, but shrimp and stuff like that is OK with her. However, the Italian restaurant (went there for my birthday) while, although having a nice atmosphere, doesn't have a spectacular view of the Chesapeake Bay like the other one does. I think I'm going to go with the one with the view, even though it's more expensive (but just slightly...) and has a great view (and free valet service lol.) There aren't many fine-dining resaurants around here, there are lots of "nice" and expensiveish restaurants, but not many require certain attire...and since I'll be a tux I don't want to be too out of place.

A third alternative is this restaurant inside the Hilton, it's really nice...but it's pretty close to where prom is being held so that isn't great.

Here are the two top choices, suggestions welcome. I told Lauren that I want to make the restaurant part a surpise so I'm not really telling her where we're dining.

http://www.aldosvb.com/
http://www.alexandersonthebay.com/

Leaning towards Alexander's.
March 26, 2006, 4:55 AM

Search