Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | General Discussion | Nokia 770

AuthorMessageTime
jigsaw
So, I bought a nokia 770, this thing is big pimpin' - if you like linux (debian) on a portable pda-ish type of peice like this, then this is for you. Runs internet tablet 2006. Anyhow, its badass, here is my screenshot of mine running bluetooth and wifi.[img]http://www.valhallalegends.com/jigsaw/screenshot00.png[/img]
March 18, 2006, 8:31 PM
jigsaw
forgot to add, incase you're not familiar with this item, it is not a phone, however it is made by nokia, and is a developers handheld dream (so they say) I run a few game emulators to play monkey island and stuff, its pretty fun. It sells for 350.00 USD, good price for what it does. This thing is garunteed to get you laid.
March 18, 2006, 8:33 PM
Disco
I looked at the pictures, but they didn't give a very good impression of scale.  Just how big (or small) is it?  If it's small enough I may consider trading in my Sidekick and getting that.
March 18, 2006, 9:08 PM
jigsaw
well it is not a phone remember.... it is a tad smaller than a sidekick but it is much thinner. you can bluetooth to your cellpone and get internet anywhere...
March 18, 2006, 9:25 PM
Topaz
Pretty, too bad its so expensive :(
March 18, 2006, 9:47 PM
Quarantine
Pretty nice, I got this while extending my contract with T-Mobile.

I don't know if I'd want what you have since it's really not my cup of tea but this is about as close to that as I come.
March 18, 2006, 10:16 PM
CrAz3D
Warrior, how long have you had that?  Have you scratched the screen?
I'd like a SLVR but don't wnat a scratched screen

I have a ... HP IPAQ? 5300? PocketPC 2003 windows OS thig, its nice...I don't use it much anymore though.  I have my laptop always with me when I need to do something.  I might keep it with me sometime for a planner, but I still don't use it enough to keep checking it.  I use my phone for event reminders & such, easier plus its reminder is loud & I always have phone with me.

This could be nice...http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/store/controller?item=phoneFirst&action=viewPhoneDetail&selectedPhoneId=1780

Out of curiosity, jigsaw, why did you get a PDA?  What will you be using it for?
March 18, 2006, 10:25 PM
Quarantine
It isn't a slivr but I havn't scratched the screen. I've had it for about 2-3 weeks. It packs a punch, I have two full episodes of family guy, a shitload of pictures and 30 songs all on the basic memory chip.

I'm going to wait until the 4GB chip comes out t upgrade.
March 18, 2006, 10:28 PM
CrAz3D
[quote author=Warrior link=topic=14540.msg148618#msg148618 date=1142720886]
It isn't a slivr but I havn't scratched the screen. I've had it for about 2-3 weeks. It packs a punch, I have two full episodes of family guy, a shitload of pictures and 30 songs all on the basic memory chip.

I'm going to wait until the 4GB chip comes out t upgrade.
[/quote]OH DANG!
I know it isn't a SLVR, just asking cause I saw that it's screen was exposed
March 18, 2006, 10:41 PM
jigsaw
[quote author=CrAz3D link=topic=14540.msg148617#msg148617 date=1142720727]
Warrior, how long have you had that?  Have you scratched the screen?
I'd like a SLVR but don't wnat a scratched screen

I have a ... HP IPAQ? 5300? PocketPC 2003 windows OS thig, its nice...I don't use it much anymore though.  I have my laptop always with me when I need to do something.  I might keep it with me sometime for a planner, but I still don't use it enough to keep checking it.  I use my phone for event reminders & such, easier plus its reminder is loud & I always have phone with me.

This could be nice...http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/store/controller?item=phoneFirst&action=viewPhoneDetail&selectedPhoneId=1780

Out of curiosity, jigsaw, why did you get a PDA?  What will you be using it for?
[/quote]

Well crazed, I guess technically it is a PDA, but it functions to me the same as a linux box.  I can run SSH,  GAIM, RSS's, Streaming music, etc... And I also is it for GPS Navigation in my car. I refer to my scratchbox as more of Universal tool rather than a PDA.  I get constant news updates, and email in real time. Battery life is awesome, 5 hrs while streaming music on wifi, so its perfect for my gym that has hotspot. I can also check vl forums on the go instantly. Its a pretty badass toy. Its like a linux box in your pocket. I run VIM, AbiWord, and many other common linux apps. nmap, etc...
March 19, 2006, 12:13 AM
Disco
Does it support sc? ^_____________________^
March 19, 2006, 12:27 AM
CrAz3D
very cool jigsaw
March 19, 2006, 12:39 AM

Search