Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Battle.net Bot Development | Not responding

AuthorMessageTime
TeEhEiMaN
You guys are not responding to my posts because you don't think i am learning anything... But I am, Ill post my bot when i am done, and show That i was learning by the actual helpful reply's, rather than the reply's of being criticized. :-\
May 27, 2003, 5:54 AM
Grok
Dude relax. People are entitled to their fun as much as you are entitled to ask them for help. Don't think that they didn't have to put up with the same thing when they were learning.

You can prove your worthiness by learning despite their teasing. If in the end you don't learn, then they were right all along.
May 27, 2003, 11:20 AM
Kp
[quote author=Grok link=board=17;threadid=1453;start=0#msg10861 date=1054034445]
Dude relax. People are entitled to their fun as much as you are entitled to ask them for help. Don't think that they didn't have to put up with the same thing when they were learning.[/quote]We're also entitled to time off. There's no guarantee that any given user will be here whenever someone gets around to posting; this becomes especially relevant when only a few people are helping, and they decide to take the night off.
May 27, 2003, 5:40 PM
Zakath
We (speaking for like-minded individuals here) criticize when we feel the person we're criticizing is doing something we don't approve of (for instance using code they didn't write without understanding what it means). If you show us that we made a mistake, we're usually more than happy to apologize and make amends. Also, we love first impressions. If you use proper grammar and spelling, pose your questions in an easy-to-understand manner, and generally seem to be a decent, intelligent person, we are much more kind than if you are the reverse. If you initially appear to be one of the multitude of idiots who ask this forum for help, it can be very difficult to change that perception later.

So - stick it out. If you wind up learning something useful, good for you.
May 29, 2003, 12:49 AM
UserLoser
Also posting non bot development related posts like this may get users not to respond to you.
May 29, 2003, 12:59 AM
______
shouldnt this post get deleted anyways? :-X
May 30, 2003, 2:14 PM
Kp
[quote author=______ link=board=17;threadid=1453;start=0#msg11128 date=1054304066]shouldnt this post get deleted anyways? :-X[/quote]It stands as a good demonstration of people's impatience to be helped in what they cannot accomplish alone.
May 30, 2003, 4:50 PM

Search