Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Politics | Roe v. Wade, for Men

AuthorMessageTime
CrAz3D
http://www.cnn.com/CNN/Programs/anderson.cooper.360/blog/
LOLOLOLOL!  Go men!

ANYWAY, more seriously, I like it.

Assuming rape is out of the situations because I don't know whether or not a dude has to pay child support if he rapes a woman & she has the kid, everything else looking pretty straight forward.

Now, how do you decide where the man's rights come into play.

Should men REALLY have to pay child support if they don't want to?  Isn't that binding the guy into some contract he isn't agreeing to?
Should men be allowed to make the woman have a child/abortion if it really is a contract & he has to pay support?

I think sex resulting in pregnancy is a contract.  Both sides need official consent of the other before anything happens to the prospectie child.

Where do y'all stand on this?
March 16, 2006, 11:02 PM
Myndfyr
[quote author=CrAz3D link=topic=14527.msg148507#msg148507 date=1142550133]
I think sex resulting in pregnancy is a contract.[/quote]

A contract between whom?

I think sex (period) is a contract between the two people having sex and society (the state).  If a pregnancy results, it is their responsibility to take care of it.  Rape is another matter, because it's not entered into willingly by one of the participants (jurisprudence).
March 17, 2006, 1:05 AM
CrAz3D
[quote author=MyndFyre[vL] link=topic=14527.msg148515#msg148515 date=1142557533]
[quote author=CrAz3D link=topic=14527.msg148507#msg148507 date=1142550133]
I think sex resulting in pregnancy is a contract.[/quote]

A contract between whom?

I think sex (period) is a contract between the two people having sex and society (the state).  If a pregnancy results, it is their responsibility to take care of it.  Rape is another matter, because it's not entered into willingly by one of the participants (jurisprudence).
[/quote]I meant between the man & woman.
March 17, 2006, 1:11 AM

Search