Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | General Discussion | Oh snap, cop impersonators

AuthorMessageTime
CrAz3D
http://www.kvia.com/Global/story.asp?S=4632275

So far these imposters have assaulted 3 women & have tried to pull over 3 more.  One was at 4:30pm in the afternoon!
They're driving cars that similar to cop cars & have lights & fake badges even.

This is f'ing nuts, they need to set up some traps for these a-holes.

6 attempted rapes/assaults in 2 days by cop impersonaters!?
March 15, 2006, 1:09 AM
Disco
So did that cop earlier really think I had cocaine on me, or did he just want to feel my hiney?  :-[
March 15, 2006, 1:15 AM
CrAz3D
[quote author=Disco link=topic=14513.msg148373#msg148373 date=1142385331]
So did that cop earlier really think I had cocaine on me, or did he just want to feel my hiney?  :-[
[/quote]...?

People around here are retarded, our cops aren't much better.  I guess a REAL cop saw the 4:30pm incident & didn't recognize it as a crime.  I spose they thought it could be an unmarked car, that has stopped now, though.

The local law enforcement agencies have parked all unmarked vehicles.
March 15, 2006, 1:40 AM
peofeoknight
This is something Ive worried about myself. The Florida Highway Patrol, Jacksonville Sheriff's Office, and the Police at jacksonville beach all use undercover cars. A wide range of makes and models too. They have plenty of unmarked crown vic's and impallas, but both the jso and beach cops use impounded vehicles too. They have everything from kid looking rice burners to dooley pickup tricks with towing spoilers on the roofs. So whats to stop someone from just installing some blue lights in their everyday normal car and making me think its one of these undercover cops. Also what irritates me is when an ass hole takes a crown vic, tints the windows real dark, puts the little light on the mirror, maybe gets stock wheels with no hubcaps or just a little generic ford cap in the center, hell sometimes they'll install an extra antenna. These idiots feel cool because people suspect they might be a cop and slow down around them in traffic? It's retarded.
March 15, 2006, 1:44 AM
hismajesty
There's some number you can call to check if it's a real cop or not. Also, I think you're allowed to keep driving until you get a well lit/populated area.
March 15, 2006, 1:50 AM
peofeoknight
[quote author=hismajesty[yL] link=topic=14513.msg148379#msg148379 date=1142387439]
There's some number you can call to check if it's a real cop or not. Also, I think you're allowed to keep driving until you get a well lit/populated area.
[/quote] Also I'm sure the cop would understand that he is not pursueing someone who is trying to escape if he puts on his lights on the freeway and you put on your hazards, and get in the right lane and proceed at the speed limit until you get to a populated area, or to a rest area or something (because rest areas, atleast in florida have one on duty officer 24/7)
March 15, 2006, 2:01 AM
CrAz3D
Yeah, the news has been saying to call some number (screw that, I can't remember it, I'd be all over 911) & drive to a well lit/populated area.  If its late at night (like most of the attacks have been) go towards firestation, police station, w/e like that.
March 15, 2006, 2:03 AM
MyStiCaL
my dirt town.. i get pulled over all the time in the mid of the night just for check ups.. or as they say "what are you upto at this time?" theres no populated or well lighted areas around here at night.. mostly end up next to a feild.. :| but i don't care im a dick to them as much as they are to me. if i have nothing then i don't let them do nothing untill they get some major backup, also i have never turned off my truck while being pulled over i could easly just drop it into drive.. and i don't think hes gunna try to climb up into my big ass truck nor even know how to open lambo doors LOL..
March 15, 2006, 2:24 AM
CrAz3D
[quote author=MyStiCaL link=topic=14513.msg148386#msg148386 date=1142389490]
my dirt town.. i get pulled over all the time in the mid of the night just for check ups.. or as they say "what are you upto at this time?" theres no populated or well lighted areas around here at night.. mostly end up next to a feild.. :| but i don't care im a dick to them as much as they are to me. if i have nothing then i don't let them do nothing untill they get some major backup, also i have never turned off my truck while being pulled over i could easly just drop it into drive.. and i don't think hes gunna try to climb up into my big ass truck nor even know how to open lambo doors LOL..
[/quote]Lambo doors on a big truck?...eww

Anywhoo, if you're nice to them they'e generally nice to you
March 15, 2006, 2:31 AM
Grok
[/quote]

They can't do this unless you allow them to.  If they pull you over, defend your rights.  Ask them why you are being stopped.  If they say license check, ask them if they are checking everyone, or just a random Nth car.  The Supreme Court has ruled police may not stop everyone, it has to be a random Nth car.  Even if you're that Nth car, if they ask for your license and registration, ask them "Is there anything on it that might be used against me?"  They have no choice but to say yes.  They also have to tell you that you have the right to not show it to them.  If they say no, then go ahead and show it to them.  Ask them if you are free to go.  If they say no, ask them what th reason is for your arrest.  Because if you're not free to go, you're under arrest.  There's no third possibility.  Arrested movement or free movement.

Seriously, you've got to learn to what your rights are and how to defend them or they will be taken away.  I get steamed everytime I see police blocking entire roads and stopping every single person for license checks.  The only reason this is possible is because 95% of people do not know their rights or stand up for them.  Road blocks, "papers please", is expected in Soviet Russia, not in the USA.

Oh and get a small copy of the United States Constitution, put it in your car after reading it thoroughly.  If a cop hassles you in some way that's a violation of your liberties, pull out the card and start reading it aloud.
March 16, 2006, 1:22 PM
peofeoknight
I agree about that, the road blocks I see (generally to check for drunk drivers) are a violation of my right to privacy and certainly are a hassel.
March 16, 2006, 2:51 PM
CrAz3D
I did not know that police we not allowed to setup roadblocks for DWIs & such.
Any idea what case it was that says roadblocks are illegal?

In a DWI check point situation do I just pull up & say "Hi, why am I being stopped?"  "Am I under arrested?"  "Can I leave?"
Sounds like it might get me in trouble...I dunno though, never actually been through a DWI check point, I always avoid them cause they get long & obnoxious.

Am I allowed to drive around the checkpoint so I can get where I'm going without the road hazard of a huge line of people waiting forever?
March 16, 2006, 3:13 PM
LordNevar
You are not allowed to bypass a police checkpoint if you are on the same road it is on. If you see it and you are heading for it you have to go through it. If you are caught trying to get by it other than going through it you can be stopped and deatained for upto 24hrs on probable cause. Yes this is legal as well, if you do not have a viable enough reason for bypassing the checkpoint than you are assumed to be hiding something and police obtain the right to detain you until that time period is over.

Also note that just beacause some cops are @5535 doesn't mean the rest of them are. Just because people go on an ego power trip and try to impersonate them, and or corrupt cops make them look bad doesn't mean the whole police force is. Regardless of what you think or see alot of them are out there everyday putting there lives on the line for your rights. Reports state that if you took all the police officers that have died in the line of duty in the last 30 years and put them on a wall, it would be a quater the size of the vietnam memorial.
March 16, 2006, 4:22 PM
Grok
[quote author=LordNevar link=topic=14513.msg148477#msg148477 date=1142526136]
You are not allowed to bypass a police checkpoint if you are on the same road it is on. If you see it and you are heading for it you have to go through it. If you are caught trying to get by it other than going through it you can be stopped and deatained for upto 24hrs on probable cause. Yes this is legal as well, if you do not have a viable enough reason for bypassing the checkpoint than you are assumed to be hiding something and police obtain the right to detain you until that time period is over.[/quote]

You do not have to submit to any unwarranted search of your person or personal space, which includes your vehicle.  Police rely on your ignorance of your personal rights and that you will submit to them in fear of what they might do if you don't submit.  This type of ignorance needs to stop.  Securing your rights to not be searched is not reasonable cause to be detained and searched.  I hope like hell the police pull that shit on me, I'll sue them for millions and they'll settle out of court.
March 16, 2006, 5:44 PM
LordNevar
Police checkpoints are not setup to search you or your vehicle. You are correct grok, it is peoples stupidity that causes these problems. If you go through a chekpoint they reserve the right to ask to check your vehicle, if you let them it's your own fault. If you do not let them than if they have enough probable cause than they can legaly pursue a warrant to obtain permission to search it. I only stated that if you are caught avoiding a checkpoint that contains enough resonable cause for them to follow an action of the sort that I stated. If you have nothing to hid than go through it, 9/10 times they will just ask who you are and where you were and where your going. Just tell them, you have nothing to hide if you've done nothing wrong. Just remember, just because you feel your rights are being violated and your feel like your a victim, just think that the car behind you in the checkpoint might actually be hiding something.

There was a incident in downtown buffalo a few mnths ago where there was a checkpoint on the 90 and Niagra ramp just below the peacebridge, they were checking for drunk drivers when they stopped a vehicle the person was calm and coming home from work down the street, and accidently put her car in reverse instead of drive and hit the car behind her in the checkpoint, and low and behold the other cars trunk was full of drugs on it's way in from canada. It was a guy and his wife looking like innocent people heading back from supposedly visting family for New Years. Only reason they noticed something was wrong cause they didn't want to file an incident report, and the vehicle was reported as a rental.
March 16, 2006, 6:14 PM
Invert
I agree with Grok that a police officer should never violate your rights and that you need to know your rights.

Look at it from a police officers standpoint, pulling people over I would be cautious and scared so I would want them to stay in the car and have their hands on the wheel at all times. You never know what type of person you are pulling over. When you are being pulled over the police officer is more scared of you than you are of him.

Also, you are driving on public roads that have rules you agreed to when receiving your driver license so make sure you know these rules when it comes to police officers and highway patrol. Just know that you do give up some of your constitutional rights by choice when you drive on public roads.
March 16, 2006, 6:35 PM
peofeoknight
I was driving through georgia on state road 280 on my way back to jacksonville from auburn. This is a very large four lane state road which is mostly long distance traffic because it goes through a lot of rural areas, this part of it wasn't near any major cities (this was near Parrott georgia btw). The local police setup a road block in both directions to check for DUI. This added an hour to my already lengthy trip. It is a pain in the ass and shouldn't be done at the drop of a hat. It may not be illegal to setup a road block, but I sure as hell feel that it violates my privacy and wastes me time. Under certain circumstances they are good, like say block off some small local streets that are needed to get out of the area as the police are breaking up a large party, or for example road blocks durring superfest, or road blocks on new years eve. That is when they will actually deture drunk driving and catch a lot of people doing it. But by tossing a dart at the calander and another at a map to pick which road to block and when is a huge pain in the ass.
March 16, 2006, 6:46 PM
CrAz3D
When I think about pros & cons of DWI check points I'm all for them.

Pro: I don't get killed by a drunk guy going 75mph in a steel death machine

Con: I have to wait a little while
March 16, 2006, 6:47 PM
peofeoknight
[quote author=CrAz3D link=topic=14513.msg148489#msg148489 date=1142534854]

[/quote] I'd venture to say that they are largely unaffective though.
March 16, 2006, 6:52 PM
CrAz3D
[quote author=quasi-modo link=topic=14513.msg148491#msg148491 date=1142535175]

[/quote]If one drunk man is caught doesn't it make the road block effective though?
March 16, 2006, 6:57 PM
peofeoknight
[quote author=CrAz3D link=topic=14513.msg148493#msg148493 date=1142535438]

[/quote]If one drunk man is caught doesn't it make the road block effective though?
[/quote] Not neccessarily, it really depends on how drunk the man is and where the road block was setup. If it is setup at a time and in a place where it will deture people from driking when they know they are going to have to drive home then it is a good road block. If we want to stop everyone on the road to check if they are impared or not we can stop all drunk driving but then we will also stop all traffic from flowing. It is not good to setup a road block where it is going to be very inconveiniant unless there is a very high probability of there being a lot of drunken people on the road otherwise you just keep traffic from flowing.
March 16, 2006, 7:29 PM
Grok
Print this, put it in your car.

http://www.aclu.org/SafeandFree/toolkit/images/wallet_card.pdf

Oh yeh READ it and UNDERSTAND it.  If you don't ask questions and learn what this means.  Learn to recognize when you see rights violations, especially obvious watching Cops and other shows.
March 16, 2006, 9:17 PM
UserLoser
Blah blah blah more useless news
March 16, 2006, 9:48 PM
peofeoknight
If only it didn't day ACLU on the bottom of it....
March 16, 2006, 9:52 PM
CrAz3D
[quote author=quasi-modo link=topic=14513.msg148499#msg148499 date=1142537368]
[quote author=CrAz3D link=topic=14513.msg148493#msg148493 date=1142535438]

[/quote] Not neccessarily, it really depends on how drunk the man is and where the road block was setup. If it is setup at a time and in a place where it will deture people from driking when they know they are going to have to drive home then it is a good road block. If we want to stop everyone on the road to check if they are impared or not we can stop all drunk driving but then we will also stop all traffic from flowing. It is not good to setup a road block where it is going to be very inconveiniant unless there is a very high probability of there being a lot of drunken people on the road otherwise you just keep traffic from flowing.
[/quote]I can understand having more blocks near bars/known party locations, but I still think in generaly as long as a block gets a dude it was generally worth it.
March 16, 2006, 10:23 PM
MyStiCaL
[quote author=CrAz3D link=topic=14513.msg148387#msg148387 date=1142389911]
[/quote]Lambo doors on a big truck?...eww

Anywhoo, if you're nice to them they'e generally nice to you
[/quote]

http://www.mautofied.com/listing-100015704.html

i don't think its ewww -_-.. its also on the myspace link but crapy earliy morning pictures in meh driveway, lol.
March 20, 2006, 11:14 AM
CrAz3D
Still not terribly fond of it on trucks...esp on the front & not the rear ;)
March 20, 2006, 3:07 PM
peofeoknight
ewww

Anyway, a nursing student in jacksonville was murdered in her apartment the other day by a police impersonater. She let him in because he had a fake badge. Big mistake, but none the less, undercover cops are a dangerous proposition for just this reason.
March 20, 2006, 4:51 PM
K
Georgia has a state law which states that you can only be pulled over by a clearly marked police car (ie lights, "State Police"on the side, etc) I'm suprised more states don't have laws like that.
March 21, 2006, 12:30 AM
PaiD
In NY, There is a law that says that an unmarked car cant pull you over for a traffic violation.
March 21, 2006, 7:59 AM
peofeoknight
[quote author=K link=topic=14513.msg148764#msg148764 date=1142901000]
Georgia has a state law which states that you can only be pulled over by a clearly marked police car (ie lights, "State Police"on the side, etc) I'm suprised more states don't have laws like that.
[/quote] really? I didn't know that, I drive through georgia all the time and I've seen unmarked cars with blue lights on the side of the freeway, but one time it was an accident and the other there was a marked car too so it didn't look like a routine ticket. Georgia would make a lot of cash if they pulled people over with unmarked cars... Sasser (well pretty much all of terell county), Sylvester, and colquitt are all major speed traps and my ass has to drive through them all the time.
March 21, 2006, 7:50 PM
CrAz3D
[quote author=K link=topic=14513.msg148764#msg148764 date=1142901000]
[/quote]sounds like a smart idea
March 21, 2006, 10:00 PM

Search