Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Computer Support Issues | Windows Media Player, Right-Click Menus

AuthorMessageTime
FrOzeN
When I right-click on certain media files (eg, .mp3) Windows Media Player has alot of crap added to the popup context menu.

[img]http://img56.imageshack.us/img56/1371/windowsmediaplayer1tt.jpg[/img]

I crossed out the stuff I wish to remove, does anyone know how to remove these options from appearing in the right-click menus?
March 11, 2006, 3:23 AM
Mangix
there are 2 ways that i know of to add stuff to that context menu. through the registry or through a dll. most likely this is a dll so you may have to do some experimenting.

First, dl Autoruns and click the explorer tab. then uncheck the boxes that you think might be from WMP. after you do that, restart explorer.exe

not sure it it will work but it might
March 11, 2006, 3:55 AM
FrOzeN
That program didn't have context menus for WMP listed, though with further googling I found some results which I then managed to fiqure out how to get rid of all those 5 items.

For anyone else who is doing this, you go:
[list]
[li]Run -> "regedit"

[/li]
[li]HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT -> SystemFileAssociations -> audio -> shellex -> ContextMenuHandlers
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT -> SystemFileAssociations -> Directory.audio -> shellex -> ContextMenuHandlers
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT -> SystemFileAssociations -> video -> shellex -> ContextMenuHandlers
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT -> SystemFileAssociations -> Directory.video -> shellex -> ContextMenuHandlers

Removing all values listed that are prefixed with "WMP.."

[/li]
[li]Then for removing "Add to Sync/Burn List" you have to go through each extension seperately.
Eg, HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT -> SystemFileAssociations -> .mp3 -> shellex -> ContextMenuHandlers

And remove the value prefixed with "WMP.."[/li]
[/list]
:)
March 11, 2006, 5:08 AM

Search