Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Computer Support Issues | Freezing Stuff

AuthorMessageTime
Denial
hmm intresting thing going on. So far ive rebooted several times  so here goes

Internet explorer and firefox can open fine any txt's will open but when i try to open any major program like msn yahoo  even when i try to double click on my computer or any folder they won't open and the other programs will open to the login screen then freeze when you try to login anyone have a suggestion what might be wrong?

*edit* it seems it cleared up on it's own but anyone have any suggestions to what might have caused the problem in the first place?
March 8, 2006, 2:53 PM
MysT_DooM
A hidden process taking up all your memory
March 8, 2006, 8:27 PM
LordNevar
I experienced this problem awhile back, and still have some troubles with it now. Not sure if it's for the same cause but mine is caused from my video card having problems. It's 4 years old, and worn out in every witch way but sunday and has been causing my system to freeze up alot, and stall my programs and video files I try to run. This is even caused after a fesh install, so I know it's no processes sucking up my resources. After replacing my vid card with another it doesn't do it, so it could be video related for you as well. I am still using the old vid card only cause I need the video in, or I would just use the other one.
March 9, 2006, 12:14 AM
JoeTheOdd
[quote author=MysT_DooM link=topic=14462.msg147917#msg147917 date=1141849648]
[/quote]

That is the most random guess ever. By the way, how do you hide a process?
March 10, 2006, 1:44 AM
Kp
[quote author=Joe link=topic=14462.msg148030#msg148030 date=1141955062]
[quote author=MysT_DooM link=topic=14462.msg147917#msg147917 date=1141849648]
[/quote]

That is the most random guess ever. By the way, how do you hide a process?
[/quote]

In plain sight?

Just hook the process enumeration functions and skip returning the cloaked process(es) when a program tries to list what's running.
March 10, 2006, 2:33 AM

Search