Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Gaming Discussion | The Godfather: The Game

AuthorMessageTime
hismajesty
Is anybody else anticipating this game as much as me? I think it's going to be extremely awesome and well done. I've been waiting for a new Mafia game (Mafia II, specifically) since I beat Mafia two years ago. Although there still isn't a Mafia II, I think this will blow Mafia and (if it comes) Mafia II out of the water. My favorite part is how you can choose to intimidate with force or opt to negotiate, and that affects how people react in the future and stuff.

It sounds really good.
March 5, 2006, 11:31 PM
hismajesty
It was definitely overhyped, it's a decent game - but more rental material than anything. I liked Mafia much more, this is definitely a dissapointment...but I'm glad I spent $8 to rent it versus $40 to buy it.

The story missions, overall, are pretty easy. The graphics aren't so hot. The "negotiate or punish" thing is really not what it was made out to be.

Oh well.
April 2, 2006, 2:13 AM
hismajesty
I beat the game with 97.5% completion.

(I didn't spend the time to find all of the hidden film reels, I only got 16/100
I didn't blow up about 14 of the safes.
I didn't perform two of the execution styles.
I'm also one attribute point shy of having perfect attributes, but I don't think that counts towards completion.)

However, I did complete the story missions, all of the hits, I took over all of the businesses/rackets/fronts/warehouses/hubs. I bought all of the clothing, all of the safehouses. I became Don of New York.

In retrospect I think the game was better than I first thought. You'll want to continue playing it after the story. I hope EA produces a sequel and corrects the problems in this one...then it'd be great. This is definitely worth a rent.
April 8, 2006, 12:16 AM

Search