Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Battle.net Bot Development | War3/TfT joining problem..

AuthorMessageTime
Jaquio
Ok.. Again I have another problem that I cannot seem to fix and have no idea where to start so I will just state my problem and you guys can ask to see whatever portion of the code you need.

Problem: When I connect on War3 or TfT sometimes when I join the channel, my username is on the channel twice. It only happens sometimes, I can connect and it'll be there only once. I reconnect and it'll be on there twice I have went through and re-checked my code but something seems to be messing up.. As I said whatever you need to see I will post.
March 2, 2006, 9:49 PM
LordNevar
https://davnit.net/bnet/vL/index.php?topic=14381.0

This code that stealth provided you the first time will work in the same fashion. Have it check join/leave/flags events as well.
March 2, 2006, 10:26 PM
Topaz
You can also check for duplicates in the channel to avoid that:

eg,

If lvChannel.FindItem(username) = true Then Exit Function
March 3, 2006, 6:13 AM
Jaquio
Sorry for the delayed reply. I have been busy re-doing all my packets as they sucked, anyways! Your suggestions didn't help, I am still getting a double added person in the channel... Not sure why I have checked and tryed both of your suggestions and tried both at once. It didn't do much, I should probably post some code and whatnot. But I am not worried about it at the moment, but when I am I will repost the code here but until then. Thanks for the help.
March 7, 2006, 7:53 AM
PaiD
well if the tips didnt help, then your packets still suck. Also nothing against you but your post sounded negitive (to me) and it seemed that your just looking for the short way out, but because this might require work, your "not worried about it at the moment". Well when you are ready to fix it, I recommend  you reread this what Stealth posted to your last post (as suggested) and look at Topaz's Response.
March 7, 2006, 3:12 PM
Jaquio
I have already fixed it. I was just re-going through my code for joinging/leave/flags and whatnot. And noticed I had statement wrong, whiched added someone twice if their flags were not 0x02. Sorry for the confusion.
March 8, 2006, 8:15 AM

Search