Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | General Discussion | Gmail

AuthorMessageTime
FrOzeN
When I've logged into MSN/AIM before I've noticed alot of contacts use Yahoo, Gmail etc.. I've now switched my email to Gmail and wondering a little how it works and any recommendations of what google program to use to login (with only a Gmail account) and be able to talk to others on MSN/AIM/Yahoo etc..

To explain how it works, would anyone mind making a simple flow chart?

Because thinking about it atm I get a little lost, Click Sign in -> Connect to Gmail and start parsing friends list. What I don't see is how to determines how users are online on other networks, and what network it using to manage conversations with them. Even more so manage group conversations with friends from a series of different networks.

If a flow chart for this gets too messy, how about just the question. Say your in a chat room with 'Person 1 [Yahoo]', 'Person 2 [MSN]', 'Person 3 [AIM]' and you say "hello" on [Gmail (talk?)] where does the message get sent to?
February 28, 2006, 9:25 AM
The-Rabid-Lord
Its just theyre MSN passport. You can choose which email address you use. You dont really need a Hotmail account tlog onto MSN.
February 28, 2006, 4:29 PM
Myndfyr
https://accountservices.passport.net/ppnetworkhome.srf?vv=330&lc=1033

You can register any e-mail address as an MSN Passport, and once you've done so, you can sign into MSN Messenger with that e-mail address.  It's a separate password for passport and gmail, although you could keep them the same.
February 28, 2006, 4:49 PM
FrOzeN
Ah ok, that makes alot more sense.

What about AIM, is there a way I can chat to AIM users (who don't have an MSN passport). Like is there a AIM passport equivalent?
February 28, 2006, 9:20 PM
CrAz3D
[quote author=FrOzeN link=topic=14393.msg147338#msg147338 date=1141161605]

What about AIM, is there a way I can chat to AIM users (who don't have an MSN passport). Like is there a AIM passport equivalent?
[/quote]I thought AIM accounts were AIM specific.
February 28, 2006, 10:35 PM
kamakazie
Use google talk with transports.
March 1, 2006, 1:21 AM
laurion
[quote author=CrAz3D link=topic=14393.msg147351#msg147351 date=1141166128]
[quote author=FrOzeN link=topic=14393.msg147338#msg147338 date=1141161605]

[/quote]I thought AIM accounts were AIM specific.
[/quote]
No, they allow compuserve, netscape, and @mac.com accounts last time i checked
March 1, 2006, 4:07 AM

Search