Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Battle.net Bot Development | No more Telnet connections to Battle.net

AuthorMessageTime
FrOzeN
[quote]Telnet is no longer available on Battle.net servers. Please use the game client.[/quote]
http://www.battle.net/forums/thread.aspx?fn=opensupport&t=414577&tmp=1#post414577

Topic from StealthBot.net
February 28, 2006, 7:47 AM
HeRo
A good number of people are saying you can still connect to it some how. Is this true? If so, how?
February 28, 2006, 8:14 AM
FrOzeN
I think there removing it from each server one by one (USEast being the first hit). Though, I just tried connecting to USWest/USEast/Asia/Europe and it connected fine but no data was recieved even after sending everything correctly. So I think they may have closed it down completely now.
February 28, 2006, 9:03 AM
LordNevar
Telnet connections are no longer supported on any realm. I guess they finally got around to closing that port  :-X. There is no work around to this besides logging on using a hashed connection or the client. There is a supposed work around to this, but if this was the case than why are there no chat bots logged on using it? Also even if this was the case I would have to say that B.net would not tolerate it and fix it accordingly. They probably have a good reason for this, and don't want chat based connections anymore.
February 28, 2006, 11:05 AM
JoeTheOdd
They got tired of seeing the massload chat bots, and not being able to ban the (nonexistant) keys. Way to go Tazo!

EDIT -
In Blizzard TS.
February 28, 2006, 1:08 PM
UserLoser
[quote author=LordNevar link=topic=14392.msg147322#msg147322 date=1141124724]
Telnet connections are no longer supported on any realm. I guess they finally got around to closing that port   :-X. There is no work around to this besides logging on using a hashed connection or the client. There is a supposed work around to this, but if this was the case than why are there no chat bots logged on using it? Also even if this was the case I would have to say that B.net would not tolerate it and fix it accordingly. They probably have a good reason for this, and don't want chat based connections anymore.
[/quote]

Telnet connections used the same port as the game client would use.

You now receive this when using C, but CTRL+C doesn't work at all:

[quote]
This is a Battle.net server

Your IP address is [24.13.195.145]
[/quote]
February 28, 2006, 4:31 PM
Yegg
All last night I'd been trying to get a test Scheme source to connect to Battle.net through telnet and login. I kept thinking I was doing something incorrectly because the program would connect, but data could not be sent.
February 28, 2006, 9:20 PM
dRAgoN
Sounds like a promotion to the binary bot developers.
February 28, 2006, 11:29 PM

Search