Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Visual Basic Programming | Help with VB questions please..

AuthorMessageTime
maximumsc
Hi Guys
Just want some help with these visual basic problems for class. I chose it as an elective at my new school because programming always seemed interesting to me, but it seems the class is way far ahead of what i can catch up with at the moment..
Im using the Intro to Visual Basic 6.0 by schnieder. anyways, these problems are probably extremely easy to you guys since you are progamming experts
so, these are the problems..

--------------
-Write a program that displays the number of computers sold by each of the Big Four. The input and output should be handled by Sub procedures and the number of computers calculated by a function procedure.
*INFO*
Toshiba - 20%
IBM - 11%
Compaq - 9%
Dell - 6%
---------------
-Write a program that displays the percentage change in advertising for each brand. sub procedures should be used for input and output and the percentage change should be computed with a function procedure. The percentage change is 100 * ([ 1996 expenditure] - [1995 expenditure]) / [1995 expenditure]
*INFO*
Coca-Cola class - 60.7(1995 expend.), 121.6(1996 expend.)
pepsi-cola - 94.8(1995 expend.), 83.0(1996 expend.)
diet coke - 43.7(1995 expend.), 70.0(1996 expend.)
dr. pepper - 46.3(1995 expend.), 51.8(1996 expend.)
----------------
-A fast-food vendor sells pizza slices ($1.25), fries ($1.00), and soft drinks ($.75). Write a program to compute a customer's bill. the program should request the quantity of each item ordered in a subprocedure, calculate the total cost with a function procedure, and use a sub procedure to display an itemized bill.
----------------
Just those 3 problems I guess.. well.. all help is appreciated. if you don't want to help, that's fine. just those who are willing.
I need answers by today because the assignment is due tomorrow. anyways, thanks to all who may help
February 24, 2006, 12:02 AM
Stealth
Most schools consider asking others to do your work for you plagiarism. I recommend meeting with your teacher and asking them for more time, and to help you with whatever you don't understand about what they're asking you to do -- it is not a difficult assignment, even for an intro VB class. It will not do you any good for us to do your work for you when it comes time for your test or final exam.
February 24, 2006, 1:43 AM
HdxBmx27
As Stealth-boy so bluntly said. We will not provide the code for you.
But I may suggest vbtutor for information on Functions
W3School for InputBox
and
DeveloperFusion for Basic Math
These may not be all that good, but with the information they provide, the information you've provided, and some math skills. You can pull it off.

I assume you have a compiler.. So that you can write the code and test it? If so, or if you want to jsut work it out, feel free to post what your doing and any errors you have. And i'll be more then happy to help you correct them. (I will not write it for you, i will mirly point out mistakes, you must do the actuall design/coding/testing yourself)
~-~(HDX)~-~
February 24, 2006, 2:12 AM

Search