Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Battle.net Bot Development | CleanSlateBot.ocx: events not firing

AuthorMessageTime
timbo
I cant figure out what's wrong with this picture, maybe someone else can.

[code]With CSB
.BNLSBotID = "mybnlsid"
.BNLSBotPassword = "******"
.CDKey = "****************"
.ChangePassword = False
.Character = "none"
.HomeChannel = "my channel"
.LODKey = "****************"
.NewPassword = "None"
.Password = "*********"
.Product = "VD2D"
.Realm = "USEast"
.Server = "useast.battle.net"
.UseRealm = False
.Username = "username"
.UseUDP = False
.Accept = 579728
.Connect
End With[/code]

here's some background...

figuring out the accept value had to be 579728 instead of -65 was my first hurdle to get events to fire. now i can get the BNLS_Connecting, BNLS_Connected, and BNLS_Disconnected events to fire BUT no other events fire.

What I do not understand is why no other events are firing. I have registered and unregistered the ocx, redownloaded it to make sure it didnt somehow get corrupted and I'm quite clueless of what the problem could be.

I have a debug.print in every event, however im not sure why the others arent firing. I would assume that if my BNLS account/pass were incorrect then it would return the error as such, or same for incorrect information. I'm not sure for incomplete information, but I dont know what I could possibly be leaving out. I'm not ipbanned of BNLS as i can get another cleanslatebot client that I did not compose to connect.
May 26, 2003, 3:22 AM
______
[quote author=timbo link=board=17;threadid=1435;start=0#msg10687 date=1053919324]

[code]With CSB
.BNLSBotID = "mybnlsid"
.BNLSBotPassword = "******"
.CDKey = "****************"
.ChangePassword = False
.Character = "none"
.HomeChannel = "my channel"
.LODKey = "****************"
.NewPassword = "None"
.Password = "*********"
.Product = "VD2D"
.Realm = "USEast"
.Server = "useast.battle.net"
.UseRealm = False
.Username = "username"
.UseUDP = False
.Accept = 579728
.Connect
End With[/code]

[/quote]

I have never logged in as d2 or d2x but i think you wanna use realm, and a character that you have in your select character screen
[code]
.userealm = true
[/code]
May 26, 2003, 3:26 AM
tA-Kane
[quote author=timbo link=board=17;threadid=1435;start=0#msg10687 date=1053919324]now i can get the BNLS_Connecting, BNLS_Connected, and BNLS_Disconnected events to fire BUT no other events fire. [/quote]Verify your Bot ID and password strings are correct.
May 26, 2003, 3:29 AM
tA-Kane
[quote author=______ link=board=17;threadid=1435;start=0#msg10689 date=1053919581]I have never logged in as d2 or d2x but i think you wanna use realm, and a character that you have in your select character screen[/quote]Not using realm will log you in as an open character. Not using realm will (should?) render the character string unused.
May 26, 2003, 3:33 AM
St0rm.iD
You set your LOD key, but are using product D2DV.
May 26, 2003, 2:06 PM
laurion
Lol...wheres .usewait = true or false BWAHAHA I WIN
May 26, 2003, 2:53 PM
Stealth
Booleans default to false - you don't actually have to set them if they're not going to change.

St0rm, I believe CSB will ignore a D2XP cdkey if the client is D2DV.

Are you recieving any error codes from the BNLS server or socket? Make sure you print the results properly of the _BNLSError and _BNLSAuthEvent subroutines.
May 26, 2003, 4:23 PM
timbo
I have tried it with my working keys for XP2D (lod), VD2D (d2), PXES (bw), and RATS (sc).

yes, booleans default to false. though i have tried it all 3 ways, specifying true, false and not at all.

I'm suspecting BNLS account at this point tho no errors are being returned via the cleanslatebot BNLS auth events.
May 26, 2003, 4:58 PM
Kp
[quote author=timbo link=board=17;threadid=1435;start=0#msg10764 date=1053968309]I'm suspecting BNLS account at this point tho no errors are being returned via the cleanslatebot BNLS auth events.[/quote]What is your BNLS account name? Do not include password.

Also, try taking a network trace of the activity when you start up. Check if you successfully reach BNLS, whether it answers you, and what packets (if any) you send to BNCS.
May 26, 2003, 6:06 PM
iago
Also, XP2D is wrong. Just fyi..
May 26, 2003, 6:24 PM
timbo
BNLS account is mfe, Yoni created it friday i think. traces to come when i get winpcap to work correctly on this machine (trace only picksup outgoing packets atm, clean install of both ethereal and wpcap (new comp))

[quote author=iago link=board=17;threadid=1435;start=0#msg10767 date=1053973493]
Also, XP2D is wrong. Just fyi..
[/quote]

you're right, PX2D it is
May 26, 2003, 9:57 PM
tA-Kane
Ethereal works just fine on my mom's Windows XP machine (without a reboot, I might add).
May 26, 2003, 11:18 PM
timbo
normally it doesnt require a reboot, ill do it after i get home from work (blah)
May 27, 2003, 6:00 PM

Search