Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Fun Forum™ | Stupid Politician Quotes

AuthorMessageTime
MysT_DooM
[quote]
"We know there are known knowns: there are things we know we know.  We also know there are known unknowns: that is to say we know there are things we know we don't know.  But there are also unknown unknowns---the ones we don't know we don't know."
-- Secretary of Defence Donald Rumsfeld
[/quote]

[quote]
"No, President has ever done more for human rights than I have."
--President George W. Bush
[/quote]

[quote]
"I am the commander, see?  I do not need to explain why I say things.  That's the interesting thing about begin the President.  Maybe somebody needs to explain to me why they say something, but I don't feel like I owe anybody an explanation."
--President George W. Bush
[/quote]

Comment or Drop a few quotes yourself.
February 21, 2006, 4:23 AM
CrAz3D
[quote author=Bill Clinton]
I didn't inhale[/quote]
+1 for ol' Billy!
February 21, 2006, 6:37 AM
guff1988
"She is here with us today," the president declared, speaking of Halvorsen. "I'd like to ask her to stand."
Gail Halvorsen then stood up - Mr. Gail Halvorsen, a 77-year old grandfather.
"Thank you, Sir, " said Clinton.  ;D

"African-Americans watch the same news at night that ordinary Americans do."
President Clinton on Black Entertainment Television, November 2, 1994

"It has not worked. No one can say it has worked, so I decided we're either going to do what we said we're going to do with the U.N., or we're going to do something else."
What insight! He'll do what he said he would, or he'll do something else!
February 22, 2006, 8:26 AM
K
How about that Dan Quayle!?

"Republicans understand the importance of bondage between a mother and child."

"I believe we are on an irreversible trend toward more freedom and democracy - but that could change."

"The Holocaust was an obscene period in our nation's history. I mean in this century's history. But we all lived in this century. I didn't live in this century."

"We're going to have the best-educated American people in the world."

"If we do not succeed, then we run the risk of failure."

Too many to list.  Google Quayle quotes!

Edit:
I had to post more.

"It's wonderful to be here in the great state of Chicago."

"Mars is essentially in the same orbit. Mars is somewhat the same distance from the Sun, which is very important. We have seen pictures where there are canals, we believe, and water. If there is water, that means there is oxygen. If there is oxygen, then we can breathe."

"Welcome to President Bush, Mrs. Bush, and my fellow astronauts."
February 22, 2006, 9:14 AM
hismajesty
"When my sister and I were growing up," Mr. Gore told a small audience made up mostly of women, "there was never any doubt in our minds that men and women were equal, if not more so."

"And I'm a grandfather now. I want to be able to tell my grandson, when I'm in my later years, that I didn't turn away from the evidence that showed that we were doing some serious harm. In my faith tradition, it is written in the book of Matthew, 'Where your heart is, there's your treasure also.' And I believe that we ought to recognize the value to our children and grandchildren of taking steps that preserve the environment in a way that's good for them." 
-Al Gore reversing Matthew 6:21

"I actually did vote for the $87 billion, before I voted against it." - John Kerry

"Listen - they better look out there at Sinclair Broadcasting. I think they're going to regret doing this. They better hope we don't win" (responding to Sinclair's plans to run a documentary critical of Kerry.) - Chad Clanton (Kerry aide)

"If we do the work that we can do in this country, the work that we will do when John Kerry is president, people like Christopher Reeve are going to walk, get up out of that wheelchair and walk again." - John Edwards

"There is no reason...that young American soldiers need to be going into the homes of Iraqis in the dead of night, terrorizing kids and children, you know, women, breaking sort of customs, the historical customs, religious customs, whether you like it or not. Iraqis ought to be doing that." - John Kerry

"[The] idea that we're going to win the war in Iraq is an idea which is just plain wrong." - Howard Dean

Sen. Diane Feinstein - "I was embarrassed to wear it." (Sen. Feinstein, D-CA, talking about her American flag pin, quoted in the San Jose Mercury News)

Sen. Jean Carnahan - "I'm the number 1 target of the White House. They can't get Osama bin Laden; they're going to get me." (CNN's Crossfire, 10/15/02)

NY Mayor Michael Bloomberg - "It's not hard to see someday some child suing their parents if the child comes down with cancer. That's probably going to happen." (New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg, New York Post, 8/13 )

Senator Fritz Hollings - "Just keep the cockpit door closed. You can put up a sign in Arab - this is, say, type-casting, but say 'Try to hijack, go to jail.' " (Sen. Fritz Hollings (D-SC), Washington Times, 5/23 )

"I hope every o­ne of you will tell your parents that John Kerry is a wonderful politician."  -John Kerry

February 22, 2006, 3:24 PM

Search