Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Java Programming | Java Virtual Machine Launcher Error

AuthorMessageTime
Ender
"Cannot find .../jvm.cfg."

I just switched my workspace on eclipse, and now I want to change its default JRE directory. I edited the JRE in "Installed JREs" so that it referenced my desired directory. When I start Eclipse up, however, it says that it cannot find my jre/lib/i386/jvm.cfg file. Yet my new JRE directory that I added to installed JRE's contains this! What's interesting is that when I run Eclipse via command-line, with the following command, it all works fine. I can boot Eclipse and run programs - it can find my JVM and everything else.

eclipse -vm c:/java/jre/bin/javaw.exe

Yet the simple "eclipse" command brings up the same prompt: "can't find /jvm.cfg." Does anyone know why Eclipse can't find this file, and how I can change the path that Eclipse has for this file to my new JRE directory (it is still looking in my old JRE directory). I don't want to have to keep booting up eclipse in command-line ;|
February 17, 2006, 2:35 AM
Kp
If you can't fix it, just modify the shortcut you're using to start Eclipse so that it passes the -vm <path> along.
February 17, 2006, 3:12 AM
Ender
Good idea. Thanks.
February 17, 2006, 10:38 PM

Search