Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | General Discussion | Clapping Equalizer

AuthorMessageTime
FrOzeN
I'm always listening to music in my headphones excessively loud. Alot of songs I listen to seem to have loud clapping which one loud literally kills your ears. Is there any equalizers or programs that you guys are aware of that can reduce the effect of this, or completely remove it from the song.

Thanks.
February 13, 2006, 11:14 AM
Trance
Do you mean clipping by chance?

Does this happen to all your songs?
February 13, 2006, 12:04 PM
FrOzeN
No, I mean clapping.

There's just a bunch of songs I listen too, and clapping makes that really annoying sound which you can't turn up loud. Say you could turn a techno song up really loud and listen to it fine, but when someone claps there hands next to your ears half as loud it hurts twice as much than other tones.

I just want to lower/remove it from the song. Not clipping because I don't want to loose other parts of the song as the clapping is in the background.
February 13, 2006, 12:25 PM
LoRd
Contact the artist and ask him to remake the song without the clapping.
February 13, 2006, 2:08 PM
Yegg
Here's my solution: don't listen to them so damn loud.
Is it worth the loss of hearing later in life? I hope you think otherwise.
I'm listening to music pretty much all day, while I'm not in school. One thing I know is to not turn them up too loud. And there are two reasons for this:
1) Loss of hearing.
2) My mom.
If my mom or another is trying to tell me something and I have the music blasting, there's no way I can hear them yelling for me.
What if there was an emergency? How would you know about it?
My personal solution was to chop the left side of my headphones off :). I can hear when someone calls me and listen to my music at the same time, which is what you should be able to do.
February 13, 2006, 2:50 PM
Trance
[quote author=FrOzeN link=topic=14249.msg145805#msg145805 date=1139833519]
No, I mean clapping.

There's just a bunch of songs I listen too, and clapping makes that really annoying sound which you can't turn up loud. Say you could turn a techno song up really loud and listen to it fine, but when someone claps there hands next to your ears half as loud it hurts twice as much than other tones.

I just want to lower/remove it from the song. Not clipping because I don't want to loose other parts of the song as the clapping is in the background.
[/quote]
Do you use winamp? Play with the EQ to kill/lower the frequencies the clapping occours.. but if you really want to be smart about this you'll turn your music down, or use speakers instead of headphones.
February 13, 2006, 5:38 PM
iago
Perhaps find a non-live version of the song?  I have plenty of live CDs, but the songs are almost always from normal CDs.  I don't listen particularly loud (because I HATE people who listen to it loud enough that I can hear it, especially on the bus), so the clapping/applause doesn't bother me. 
February 13, 2006, 9:25 PM
peofeoknight
[quote author=iago link=topic=14249.msg145890#msg145890 date=1139865909]
Perhaps find a non-live version of the song?  I have plenty of live CDs, but the songs are almost always from normal CDs.  I don't listen particularly loud (because I HATE people who listen to it loud enough that I can hear it, especially on the bus), so the clapping/applause doesn't bother me. 
[/quote] CDs? Who uses those anymore?
February 13, 2006, 9:42 PM
Trance
[quote author=quasi-modo link=topic=14249.msg145895#msg145895 date=1139866935]
CDs? Who uses those anymore?
[/quote]

:P People who think mp3's sound terrible.

I'm guessing it's the highs that are hurting your ears so you should kill the highs or if you're using crap mp3 the highs might be getting distorted enough to make you want to kill yourself, so get the CD.

What kind of headphones are you using? Switching to a better pair may help you out a bit, but I'd say go for speakers if you can.
February 13, 2006, 11:00 PM
FrOzeN
I listen to the music through headphones at night because I like it loud and the rest of my family is asleep, so I have to be quiet.

@LoRd: What if the artist is dead?
February 14, 2006, 3:56 AM

Search