Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Spht's Forum | PHP ClanScript working with Webbot?

AuthorMessageTime
moh.vze.com
SPHT, is there a way for a clanscript to work with the webbot in a manner where only logged in members on the website can chat off the webbot?

Like say member M[o]H-Bob is logged in my website and goes to the webbot html page to chat. As he chat, the webbot will force the username M[o]H-Bob: (his text)
Lets say he types: "Hello world!"
The message sent out will be: "[21:53:16] <WebBot> M[o]H-Bob: Hello world"
It would be pretty cool for the webbot to show which member is typing out of the webbot.
It is also a good way to prevent fags that know the password to the webbot to abuse the webbot.
I.E: Guy goes on my webbot and uses it to go cuss out a blizzard rep.

Hmm my idea seems confusing... but I'm just wondering if it is possible to do something like that.
February 12, 2006, 5:58 AM
Newby
[quote author=moh.vze.com link=topic=14231.msg145651#msg145651 date=1139723938]
[/quote]

It would still be funny, because it would mute you. Hahahaha.
February 12, 2006, 6:23 AM
rabbit
[quote author=moh.vze.com link=topic=14231.msg145651#msg145651 date=1139723938]
SPHT, is there a way for a clanscript to work with the webbot in a manner where only logged in members on the website can chat off the webbot?

Like say member M[o]H-Bob is logged in my website and goes to the webbot html page to chat. As he chat, the webbot will force the username M[o]H-Bob: (his text)
Lets say he types: "Hello world!"
The message sent out will be: "[21:53:16] <WebBot> M[o]H-Bob: Hello world"
It would be pretty cool for the webbot to show which member is typing out of the webbot.
It is also a good way to prevent fags that know the password to the webbot to abuse the webbot.

Hmm my idea seems confusing... but I'm just wondering if it is possible to do something like that.

[/quote]All of this is quite easily done with a little PHP and some time.  Of course, if you have clan scripts which are encrypted, it becomes pretty hard almost immediately.
February 12, 2006, 1:17 PM
Spht
Yes, it's possible and some have already done it.

https://davnit.net/bnet/vL/index.php?topic=13576.0
February 13, 2006, 4:43 PM

Search