Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | C/C++ Programming | Re: Need some help if you could?

AuthorMessageTime
Final
Um Well Ive been wondering about telnet and what information to send to bnet to connect to it could someone direect me to it or what format of data  i need to send in c++ that would help alot.
February 12, 2006, 4:07 AM
Kp
First, you must SYN.  If you're religious, you should then REPENT.  Otherwise wait for the peer to SYN|ACK.  Once you've got that down, return and we shall talk further.
February 12, 2006, 4:19 AM
zorm
[quote author=Kp link=topic=14229.msg145640#msg145640 date=1139717942]
First, you must SYN.  If you're religious, you should then REPENT.  Otherwise wait for the peer to SYN|ACK.  Once you've got that down, return and we shall talk further.
[/quote]

With jokes like that you're well on your way to becoming a teacher someday. Thats almost as bad as some of the ones my economics teacher tells.
February 12, 2006, 5:26 AM
Final
?? I just wanted to know how would i connect to telnet using c++ winsock I use Asynchrounised sockets.

Opsy I didnt think that was a regular joke at the first but I didnt think you would tell me what i needed in one so my bad So i checked out SYN and ACK TCP SYN was Syncrhounized packets and ACK was acknoledge packets
February 12, 2006, 5:42 AM
zorm
Theres a nice sample on the vL page in the documents section that you might be able to learn from. Look for MiniChat by Skywing.
February 12, 2006, 7:14 AM
Final
Uh That didnt help much anything else?
February 12, 2006, 7:48 AM
FrOzeN
Zorm said have a look at this, http://www.valhallalegends.com/skywing/files/MiniChat.cpp

It's a Telnet Bot made completely in C++ and it connects and works fine, I fail to see what more you want? :-\
February 12, 2006, 7:49 AM
Explicit[nK]
It's as Lord said[quote author=FrOzeN link=topic=14229.msg145662#msg145662 date=1139730590]
Zorm said have a look at this, http://www.valhallalegends.com/skywing/files/MiniChat.cpp

It's a Telnet Bot made completely in C++ and it connects and works fine, I fail to see what more you want? :-\
[/quote]

It's how Eric said he was in a post from awhile ago:
https://davnit.net/bnet/vL/index.php?topic=13906.msg141958#msg141958
February 12, 2006, 11:01 AM
Final
no i didnt mean i didnt get the page location i got that but the source coding is for vc++ and i use devc++
and i looked it for a while but didnt see anything that could help me out or i wassent looking correctly.

Ok now i know i wassent looking correctly cuz i found some information that may help well ill give a heads up if i have any luck or need some help thanks again.
February 12, 2006, 8:46 PM
Kp
[quote author=Final link=topic=14229.msg145697#msg145697 date=1139777203]
no i didnt mean i didnt get the page location i got that but the source coding is for vc++ and i use devc++
and i looked it for a while but didnt see anything that could help me out or i wassent looking correctly.
[/quote]

It's not that hard to convert from C++ code with Microsoft-specific extensions (if MiniChat even has any) to C++ code with gcc-specific extensions (or no extensions at all).  If you can't get it converted on your own, perhaps you should state so and ask for help performing that conversion instead of just giving up and moving on to some other program!
February 12, 2006, 8:53 PM
Final
No its not that ill just need to look at it for a while cuz my socket programming is in asynchrounous so i need to know what i need to send and what else so im not getting all of it im reading what i need.

Update*
1. I have gotten a conection.
2. I have a login error though.

Case #2
                About the login error I get  connected but then it tells  me to put in username and password or use anonymis  you know and type in my userrname then password but nothing happens i have a friends bot that connects to telnet and for somereason it conflicts with one another so i dont really know whats going on on the other side.

How would i send username and password with this information:
"\x03\x04""Anonymous\r\n"

*Update Fix ok now for some bazarr reason it keeps reconnecting ? i dk what happening but it reconnects everytime a new user connects to the channel or what ?

February 12, 2006, 9:14 PM
Kp
Your post has exceeded the complexity limit for the amount of structure present.  Please edit your post to be less complex, or add appropriate grammatical constructs and spelling corrections such that it could achieve at least a 'B' in an English course.  To make it easy, we'll grade to the standard of the American public school system.
February 12, 2006, 9:36 PM
Spilled[DW]
[quote author=Kp link=topic=14229.msg145702#msg145702 date=1139780174]
To make it easy, we'll grade to the standard of the American public school system.
[/quote]
hahahahaha, that made my day.

@Final: I don't know what exactly your looking for. What I told you via AIM was more then enough to keep you busy. If it wasn't, there is pleny resources on this forum and BnetDocs.
February 13, 2006, 1:07 AM
Final
Well Thanks everyone i made a connection thought id show it if you want to see what i came out with its my first attempt at a telnet bot. it was way easier than i made it out to be sorry for all that trouble i caused.

File:
~ Link Removed ~
- FrOzeN

Thanks Frozen Means alot that you care hehe.
February 13, 2006, 7:51 AM
FrOzeN
Final, I removed the link from your post. I don't think you realised that as you hardcoded your password in, when users login they'll notice that there on a different name and knowing the abilities of the members on these forums they could retrieve it with a simple packet log.

Seeing as your password is generic I just used it to logon to your account to remove the link, I suggest adding two textbox's to the Telnet Chat Bot for users to input there own username/password to connect with.
February 13, 2006, 10:13 AM
Yegg
[quote author=FrOzeN link=topic=14229.msg145795#msg145795 date=1139825634]
Final, I removed the link from your post. I don't think you realised that as you hardcoded your password in, when users login they'll notice that there on a different name and knowing the abilities of the members on these forums they could retrieve it with a simple packet log.

Seeing as your password is generic I just used it to logon to your account to remove the link, I suggest adding two textbox's to the Telnet Chat Bot for users to input there own username/password to connect with.
[/quote]

I'm sure he knew he hardcoded the password in. That's what I would do if I were testing something as simple as a telnet connection. Why bother writing a few extra lines to read a file for an account and password when you can just temporarily hardcode it in?
February 13, 2006, 3:29 PM
Myndfyr
Especially if it's something useful like your forum or e-mail account password!
February 13, 2006, 5:16 PM
Yegg
[quote author=MyndFyre link=topic=14229.msg145837#msg145837 date=1139851009]
[/quote]

Who are you directing that statement toward? I'm guessing me. If so, I'm not really sure what you are trying to get across to me. Maybe he didn't think about the fact that his password was going to be shown when he uploaded the file, but it isn't a bad idea to keep the password hardcoded if you're the only one with the file, and it's only for temporary usage.
February 13, 2006, 7:14 PM
Myndfyr
[quote author=Yegg link=topic=14229.msg145853#msg145853 date=1139858049]
[quote author=MyndFyre link=topic=14229.msg145837#msg145837 date=1139851009]
[/quote]

Who are you directing that statement toward? I'm guessing me. If so, I'm not really sure what you are trying to get across to me. Maybe he didn't think about the fact that his password was going to be shown when he uploaded the file, but it isn't a bad idea to keep the password hardcoded if you're the only one with the file, and it's only for temporary usage.
[/quote]

The quote to which I made reference seemed to indicate that it wasn't a problem that he left his password hardcoded.  I merely pointed out (with some sarcastic undertones) that taking this attitude is moronic.  That is all.
February 13, 2006, 7:22 PM
FrOzeN
[quote author=Yegg link=topic=14229.msg145825#msg145825 date=1139844561]
[quote author=FrOzeN link=topic=14229.msg145795#msg145795 date=1139825634]

[/quote]

I'm sure he knew he hardcoded the password in. That's what I would do if I were testing something as simple as a telnet connection. Why bother writing a few extra lines to read a file for an account and password when you can just temporarily hardcode it in?
[/quote]
I ment along the lines that he forgot the .exe had his password hardcoded it in before he posted the download link. He obviously would of known he hardcoded it when he wrote the bot.

I just removed the link to prevent others gaining access to his password, which could lead to further misuse.
February 14, 2006, 4:13 AM

Search