Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Battle.net Bot Development | Re: Question.

AuthorMessageTime
bethra
Ok, so awhile ago I asked if it was possible to obtain other players IP Address via custom Warcraft III games and I was told that it is not.

Well, I'm now confused, if this is true then how does programs like BanList obtain them?  I'm thinking that what I was told is false, because it doesn't make sense unless Bnet acts as a middle man for the connections between a custom game host and the other players...
February 10, 2006, 11:37 AM
PaiD
you where lied to. Custom games do not involve Battle.Net for the game part. You only report the game was made/results to bnet. Games are hosted Player <-> Player.
February 10, 2006, 6:34 PM
MyStiCaL
[quote author=Savior link=topic=14213.msg145417#msg145417 date=1139596468]
you where lied to. Custom games do not involve Battle.Net for the game part. You only report the game was made/results to bnet. Games are hosted Player <-> Player.
[/quote]

I haven't looked into the WAR3 gaming support, but If games are hosted player to player then can't you just cut out the middle man? and not send a report thus still playing a player to player?
February 11, 2006, 3:10 PM
PaiD
if you wanted
February 11, 2006, 4:00 PM
UserLoser
[quote author=Sorc.Polgara link=topic=14213.msg145366#msg145366 date=1139571427]
Ok, so awhile ago I asked if it was possible to obtain other players IP Address via custom Warcraft III games and I was told that it is not.

Well, I'm now confused, if this is true then how does programs like BanList obtain them?  I'm thinking that what I was told is false, because it doesn't make sense unless Bnet acts as a middle man for the connections between a custom game host and the other players...
[/quote]

Arranged teams games you can get your own teammates IP addresses, custom games you can get anyone's IP addresses, that is all.
February 11, 2006, 5:47 PM

Search