Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | General Discussion | Ok, seriously, I'm actually getting slightly scared here

AuthorMessageTime
CrAz3D
Mexico is a fucked up places, thats a given.
Their problems are spilling over into the US, common and has been happening forever.
However, its getting worse.

A few weeks ago I posted a story about people in uniforms smuggling drugs across.
3 stolen SUVs were being pursued (I don't recall what made the police suspect them of wrongdoings, but they were being pursued nonetheless) On I-10 in Southern NM/West TX.
The SUVs left the interstate & crossed the river to meet some sort of military looking people (uniforms and heavily armed).
1 SUV got stuck in the river so the men torched it & took off in the other 2.  The burned SUV was found to have hundreds of pounds of pot in it.

Its just getting horrible now.

More recently there have been 'sightings' (if you want to call it that) of Mexican military looking people on the US side of the Rio Grande.  Also, there has been seen a large armored vehicle with a 50 caliber combat gun on top ON United States SOIL!.

When 2 sheriffs from El Paso were testifying in D.C. Silvetre Reyes claimed that the sheriffs just have some sort of hidden agenda and is trying to brush this off.
Sad thing is that Reyes is up for re-election in 2006, running unopposed with a deadline for application over.  Reyes (D) will be re-elected.

I don't know about you, but Mexican militants with high power heavily armed scares me when they are traveling on US SOIL with combat vehicles.
I know our army is spread thin, but once we're done in Iraq I think we might want to take a look at Mexico instead of Iran.
http://www.kfoxtv.com/video/6686423/detail.html
http://www.kfoxtv.com/bordersecurity/6855269/detail.html
February 10, 2006, 5:37 AM
Networks
run! the mexicans got nukes! Are you kidding? Our police department here in Arizona can take care of their military (of course I am exagerrating).

Being nuked by North Korea or Iran is slightly more scary to me then a few armored vehicles which a military base in AZ can take care of.
February 10, 2006, 5:13 PM
CrAz3D
Why not let the UN take care of it (for once)?
The security council consists of China, Russia, France, US, Britain, Argentina, Congo, Denmark, Greece, Japan, Peru, Qatar, Slovokia, & Tanzania.
If everyone on the council participates it could go over quite smoothly.

A nuclear attack by anyone on anyone would just be dumb because the retalliation would be nuclear as well.
February 10, 2006, 6:01 PM
Grok
We need a neutral zone between Federation and Romu.... I mean, between the US and Mexico.  Anyone crossing into the neutral zone could be killed on sight.  We could set up laser turrets every few miles and blast anything with a human heat signature.
February 10, 2006, 6:26 PM
CrAz3D
[quote author=Grok link=topic=14212.msg145413#msg145413 date=1139596001]
We need a neutral zone between Federation and Romu.... I mean, between the US and Mexico.  Anyone crossing into the neutral zone could be killed on sight.  We could set up laser turrets every few miles and blast anything with a human heat signature.
[/quote]Sure would be alot of fried bunnies then I'd bet ;)

But yeah, armed men in SUVs & military humvees with 50 caliber weapons on US soil?...that is a threat to national security if I've ever heard of anything
February 10, 2006, 6:35 PM
Hitmen
[quote author=CrAz3D link=topic=14212.msg145418#msg145418 date=1139596524]

But yeah, armed men in SUVs & military humvees with 50 caliber weapons on US soil?...that is a threat to national security if I've ever heard of anything
[/quote]
Yeah, because the US doesn't have a military presence in any other country, of course.
February 10, 2006, 8:06 PM
Networks

[/quote]

Yeah because I bet Mexico or even those armed men with humvees have the balls to fight an entire nation like US. Stop exagerating everything.

CrAz3D you really need to stop making topics, it's annoying. We have cnn.com for that thing we don't need a topic everytime news comes in. Perhaps we need a single thread to post in by himself every time he feels compelled to.
February 10, 2006, 9:56 PM
CrAz3D
[quote author=Hitmen link=topic=14212.msg145438#msg145438 date=1139601997]

[/quote]
Yeah, because the US doesn't have a military presence in any other country, of course.
[/quote]
We don't illegally have militias in other countries dmuggling drugs in and such.  We have military in the countries protecting that country in ways.

[quote author=Networks link=topic=14212.msg145460#msg145460 date=1139608587]
We need a neutral zone between Federation and Romu.... I mean, between the US and Mexico. Anyone crossing into the neutral zone could be killed on sight. We could set up laser turrets every few miles and blast anything with a human heat signature.

[/quote]

Yeah because I bet Mexico or even those armed men with humvees have the balls to fight an entire nation like US. Stop exagerating everything.

CrAz3D you really need to stop making topics, it's annoying. We have cnn.com for that thing we don't need a topic everytime news comes in. Perhaps we need a single thread to post in by himself every time he feels compelled to.
[/quote]
Watch it, one day the smugglers will be confronted by Border Patrol agents or sheriffs and then they'll fire.
And because they may not be ACTUAL Mexican armies or they';re just corrupt Mexican armies that doesn't mean they'll stop smuggling.
Then the US arms the border HEAVILY, the next stand off become very violent...then it all escalates until we have a war w/drug lords on our soil.
Is that an exaggeration?...maybe, but I see it as being VERY likely and not exaggerated at all.
February 10, 2006, 10:38 PM
Trance
[quote author=CrAz3D link=topic=14212.msg145351#msg145351 date=1139549858]
A few weeks ago I posted a story about people in uniforms smuggling drugs across.
[/quote]

Couldn't you have just continued that thread?

If the US goverment wanted to do something about it they would have...
February 10, 2006, 10:52 PM
CrAz3D
[quote author=Trance link=topic=14212.msg145476#msg145476 date=1139611931]
[quote author=CrAz3D link=topic=14212.msg145351#msg145351 date=1139549858]
[/quote]

Couldn't you have just continued that thread?

If the US goverment wanted to do something about it they would have...
[/quote]
Its a developing issue...people were in Washington now to start doing something about it until some TX representative started calling out random things against the sheriffs.
Does the rep have an agenda of his own?  Possible I guess.  I dont understand why he isnt as worried about a humvee with a large arsenal coming onto US soil
February 11, 2006, 12:07 AM
Trance
It's not a developing issue, people have been coming over that border for decades now.

And I still feel that you should have just continued with your other thread.
February 11, 2006, 12:37 AM
CrAz3D
That thread was mostly about drug smuggling.
I intended this thread to be about a national security threat of Mexican people/military? invading somewhat onto US soil.
They also seem to be patroling the river.
February 11, 2006, 12:53 AM

Search