Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Computer Support Issues | Almost no sound in left speaker

AuthorMessageTime
Mangix
i have had this problem since i bought the computer.

anyways, everytime i play some music, the right speaker is always louder than the left one. the left speaker has barely any sound accually. i dont think it's because of the volume control because everything is set to balanced.

so...any thoughts?
February 8, 2006, 12:54 AM
Topaz
Might be your sound drivers, I've had problems with integrated sound on some motherboards.
February 8, 2006, 1:18 AM
MrRaza
Sometimes you might have secondary software that comes with the sound card drives that can mess around with the quality of the sound that you get. Other times it takes upgrading your BIOS. Re-install your sound card drivers and see if anything changes.
February 8, 2006, 1:31 AM
Mangix
do you know a program to find out what my sound card is? when my dad bought the comp, it didnt say the model, company, or any other stuff.

edit:im talking about the sound card of course. the computer is an HP Pavillion 450a
February 8, 2006, 1:39 AM
Topaz
It should have it in the BIOS.
February 8, 2006, 1:42 AM
LoRd
Check the connections.  If you're using a two-channel setup with a card that has 5.1/7.1 support, make sure that the cable is being put in the proper direct output slot rather than one of the channel slots.  Does this occur with all programs or just specific ones?
February 8, 2006, 1:51 AM
Mangix
[quote author=Lord[nK] link=topic=14190.msg145083#msg145083 date=1139363486]
Check the connections.  If you're using a two-channel setup with a card that has 5.1/7.1 support, make sure that the cable is being put in the proper direct output slot rather than one of the channel slots.  Does this occur with all programs or just specific ones?
[/quote]im not sure what you mean by the proper direct output slot. do you mean which place to plug in the speaker cable to the comp? and yes it occurs with all programs

@Topaz:i didn't see anything in the BIOS that relates to my soundcard. all i found was my HDs, my CD, and my DVD drives.

edit:ok i found out that my Sound Card is adlib. i got the info thanks to a program called SysCheck.

but since that company died a long time ago, i dunno where to find any drivers.
February 8, 2006, 2:00 AM
MrRaza
http://www.helpdrivers.com/ingles/listado/panel.asp?marca=Adlib&perif=sonidos
http://www.soundcard-drivers.com/companies/38.htm
February 8, 2006, 4:09 AM
Mangix
none of those links accually let me dl it. the first one needs me to pay for it and the second one requires registration(no way im doing that)
February 8, 2006, 5:28 AM
Forged
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareList?dlc=en&lc=en&product=385642&lang=en&cc=us&os=228
February 8, 2006, 5:40 AM
Mangix
i installed it but it didnt do anything cept put some new menus in the Sound Configuration menu.
February 8, 2006, 10:08 PM
shout
It could be a physical problem with the speaker/speaker wire.
February 8, 2006, 10:12 PM
Mangix
it's not because it happens with headphones, speakers, pretty much everything.
February 8, 2006, 10:16 PM
Forged
buy a new sound card, you can pick up a cheap one off newegg for around $15
February 9, 2006, 12:21 AM
Mangix
yeah i think that's what im gonna do.

also i found another problem. there are 2 sound places to put it in. if i put in the speaker in the back and the monitor's speakers at the front, then i dont hear any sound. if i plugin the speakers halfway in the front one, only the LEFT one plays. and if i do the same for the monitor, then the monitor's left speaker plays. there is also no loss in sound so i think i found a temporary solution which sucks but oh well.

btw the one at the front is for headphones. it's sort of like on older comps, the place where you put the headphones in so you can hear CDs playing.
February 9, 2006, 12:35 AM

Search