Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | C/C++ Programming | [C++] Compiling BNCSUtil with Dev C++

AuthorMessageTime
TheNewOne
Alright im currently using the latest version of dev c++ and while compiling bncsutil I come up with and error on this line of my make file.

[code]
$(BIN): $(LINKOBJ) <~ Error Occures Here
$(DLLWRAP) --output-def $(DEFFILE) --driver-name c++ --implib $(STATICLIB) $(LINKOBJ) $(LIBS) -o $(BIN)
[/code]

Any Help Is Much Appreciated.
February 7, 2006, 7:32 AM
Kp
That line works fine for me.  Perhaps your variable definitions are wrong.

Incidentally, how did you get Dev-C++ to compile bncsutil?  It's an IDE, so it cannot compile anything.

[Edit: somehow lost a question mark.  Fixed.]
February 8, 2006, 12:23 AM
rabbit
GNU (g++, specifically) compile it fine for me as well.  I'm inclined to agree with Kp on this one.
February 8, 2006, 12:59 AM
Mephisto
[quote author=rabbit link=topic=14182.msg145069#msg145069 date=1139360358]
GNU (g++, specifically) compile it fine for me as well.  I'm inclined to agree with Kp on this one.
[/quote]

...lol
February 8, 2006, 1:07 AM
TheNewOne
Very histarical, inwhich I thought you guys being such programmers could simply put 1+1 together to realize I was not infact compiling with Dev C++, but inwhich I was using the ide's compile menu item, which could infact use any compiler it wanted. The fact remains on the error I am getting when this event occurs. And that is the error line im returned.

Also to include to this here is the exact error returned not jsut the error line.

[code]
30 C:\Dev-Cpp\Makefile.win [Build Error] *** multiple target patterns.  Stop.
[/code]
February 8, 2006, 3:08 AM
Kp
[quote author=TheNewOne link=topic=14182.msg145095#msg145095 date=1139368111]
Very histarical, inwhich I thought you guys being such programmers could simply put 1+1 together to realize I was not infact compiling with Dev C++, but inwhich I was using the ide's compile menu item, which could infact use any compiler it wanted. The fact remains on the error I am getting when this event occurs. And that is the error line im returned.

Also to include to this here is the exact error returned not jsut the error line.

[code]
30 C:\Dev-Cpp\Makefile.win [Build Error] *** multiple target patterns.  Stop.
[/code]
[/quote]

I can't parse the allegedly English text in this post (or more precisely, I can, but the effort required to do so exceeds my desire to know what was said), but the error text is quite clear.  Your make is not able to handle the rule which results from expanding the line which you previously posted.  As I said, it's a problem with your variables.  Given that, we can't help you because we don't know the values of those variables in your Makefie.
February 8, 2006, 4:22 AM

Search