Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | General Discussion | Recording local sounds

AuthorMessageTime
warz
I'm wanting to record a song off of purevolume.come and save it to my hd, so I can burn it to a cd. Anyone know of a way I can record songs playing on my computer, and save them? Possibly a program that allows you to select the input source, or something?
February 4, 2006, 11:02 PM
Yegg
If you're on Windows you can quickly find a software off download.com. Why not find the song through P2P or BitTorrent?
February 5, 2006, 12:43 AM
MrRaza
StreamRipper might work for you if your using winamp.
February 5, 2006, 2:37 AM
hismajesty
ReplayMusic possibly
February 5, 2006, 1:14 PM
warz
[quote author=Yegg link=topic=14147.msg144642#msg144642 date=1139100186]
If you're on Windows you can quickly find a software off download.com. Why not find the song through P2P or BitTorrent?
[/quote]

Because it's buy an unpopular artist. It's actually a group from my old high school, but I like one of their songs.
February 7, 2006, 3:52 AM
peofeoknight
Just use sound recorder. It's already there and you can change the default length to something nice and long through the registry and I believe there are some hidden menus too. Ill look around a bit.

----
ncreasing The Maximum Recording Time

Sound Recorder included with Windows 95 and Windows 98 has a default maximum time of 60 seconds of continuous recording. If you stop recording at any point before reaching the 60 second limit, you can then continue recording and have another 60 seconds of continuous time before Sound Recorder automatically stops. You can repeat this start-stop routine indefinitely if you need to record a long passage as one file.

Here's an alternate method to increase the maximum recording time in Sound Recorder:

1. Make sure your microphone is muted so it will not pick up sound.
  2. Click Record, and then let Sound Recorder run for 60 seconds (recording silence).
  3. After Sound Recorder stops recording, click Save As on the File menu, and name the file Blank.wav.
  4. To increase the maximum recording time in Sound Recorder, click Insert File on the Edit menu, and then insert the Blank.wav file that you saved in step 3. When you do this, the maximum recording time is increased by 60 seconds. You can repeat this step once for each additional minute of recording time that you want to add. For example, for a 5-minute recording time, insert the Blank.wav file five times.
-----
Well thats one way but I still believe there is a reg value but Ill have to look for it.
http://www.ccc.commnet.edu/dl/dl-help/blank30sec-Phone.wav
thats 30 seconds of blank wav you can use to write over.
February 7, 2006, 6:41 AM
peofeoknight
sound recorder only records low quality it seems. But I played with one I found on download.com and it works great. I found a new way to pirate music (cant use p2p because I am on a resnet and the network admins are nazis)!

If you want to know which one I used and get more info about it pm me because I will not post stuff like that on the open forum (involves serials etc).
February 7, 2006, 10:29 PM

Search