Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | .NET Platform | [VB.Net] Adding Ping Icons

AuthorMessageTime
FrOzeN
Ok, I've only been doing Visual Basic .NET since yesterday. I've added a ListView and set it up to add normal Product Icons for the game. It seems that SubItems only have a Text property.

I've google around and always seem to end up with the same answer that it's not possible unless you draw your own listview which I have no idea how to do at this stage.

Anyone know of a tweak or workaround to allow this. I only need to add the UDP Plug icon as being a Chat Bot it doesn't parse user's ping to you, only there flags.

All I've ever heard about .NET is propaganda about how good it is and after using it for 2 days it turns out it's deprecated one of the most rudimentary features. :-\

Thanks..

On a side note, the only reason I'm messing around with VB .Net is because it seems our programming coarse at school is ditching VB6 and moving to VB .Net in about 6 months, so I'm getting alittle head start now.
February 4, 2006, 12:45 PM
K
I believe it's entirely possible, but I haven't looked at it in a while...

I think you want to create a ListViewItem, and then add a ListViewSubItem with the appropriate ImageListIndex and add it to your item.

edit: spelling.
February 4, 2006, 7:24 PM
Myndfyr
I believe the ListViewSubItem class has an ImageIndex property.  You have to set this according to the ImageList that you set the ListView to own.

Alternatively you could custom-draw a ListBox, which I've found is much more flexible.
February 5, 2006, 2:27 AM

Search