Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Computer Support Issues | Removing The Recycle Bin

AuthorMessageTime
Mangix
does anyone know of a way to remove the Recycle Bin from the Desktop? right now i want to use the recycle bin which is on my Dock(im using RK Launcher on Windows).
February 4, 2006, 4:18 AM
LoRd
If you're using Windows XP, you can hide is using Customize My Desktop, however this doesn't keep it from being used which can be done by right-clicking and modifiying it's properties.
February 4, 2006, 4:30 AM
Mangix
i assume that by Customize My Desktop means right clicking the desktop, clicking Properties, going to Desktop, and click Customize Desktop. i went there but there was no option to remove it from the desktop.
February 4, 2006, 6:40 AM
FrOzeN
[quote author=Lord[nK] link=topic=14133.msg144531#msg144531 date=1139027413]
If you're using Windows XP, you can hide is using Customize My Desktop, however this doesn't keep it from being used which can be done by right-clicking and modifiying it's properties.
[/quote]
That has everything excluding the recycle bin.

@FatBastard: Have a quick google on hiding your recycle bin. There's a few tweaks to allow this.
February 4, 2006, 7:06 AM
MrRaza
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/setup/expert/honeycutt_02september16.mspx

Try them, I can't get the registery files to work for my system though; I run Win XP Home.
February 4, 2006, 7:37 AM
Mangix
they work fine for me. i use Windows XP Home Edition as well.

anyways thanks
February 4, 2006, 9:39 AM

Search