Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Spht's Forum | Re: Web chat user login

AuthorMessageTime
Denial
But the only problem i have at the current time is keeping a user logged in any idea how to do that my guess is with cookies and such or a temp thing to allow a use to keep logged in for a period amount of time...

spht i would also suggest you adding some type of mod so there can be a anti-spam chat because if alot of people are talking through the webbot it will disconnect for flooding because it has no delay for chatting through it.
January 31, 2006, 4:51 AM
Spht
[quote author=Denial link=topic=13576.msg143861#msg143861 date=1138683117]But the only problem i have at the current time is keeping a user logged in any idea how to do that my guess is with cookies and such or a temp thing to allow a use to keep logged in for a period amount of time...[/quote]

Cookies is how most things do that.

[quote author=Denial link=topic=13576.msg143861#msg143861 date=1138683117]spht i would also suggest you adding some type of mod so there can be a anti-spam chat because if alot of people are talking through the webbot it will disconnect for flooding because it has no delay for chatting through it.[/quote]

Yeah, I hope to have that in the next release.  I've been rewriting SphtBot's flood protection method lately.
January 31, 2006, 6:41 PM
Denial
ok spht let me know when its done everything else is setup got everything figured out now all i need is the flood protection stuff
February 3, 2006, 4:12 AM
Spht
[quote author=Denial link=topic=14126.msg144357#msg144357 date=1138939972]
ok spht let me know when its done everything else is setup got everything figured out now all i need is the flood protection stuff
[/quote]

You could implement some form of flood protection on your web interface, you know.

In the simplest form, you could only allow people to send a message once every 5 seconds or something.
March 26, 2006, 6:55 PM

Search