Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Politics | Sheehan for Senate

AuthorMessageTime
Invert
The liberal and self proclaimed peace activist Cindy Sheehan  is considering running for Senate.

Being a former member of the U.S. Army I find her to be extremely disrespectful to the memory of her fallen son. Her son went into the military just like the rest of the soldiers that go into the military knowing perfectly well that there is a chance that they can die. He served his country proudly knowing that fact.

Cindy Sheehan is using her son's death for political gain.

No one takes Sheehan seriously and all she is doing is embarrassing herself.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,183108,00.html

Another perfect example of liberalism being a mental and moral handicap.
January 31, 2006, 9:27 PM
DarkMinion
This is such a colossal joke...unreal

I mean get real...she has absolutely no background/education in politics and this is just a publicity stunt.  What a dumb bitch.
January 31, 2006, 10:18 PM
LW-Falcon
She should just go kill herself.
January 31, 2006, 10:23 PM
kamakazie
[quote author=DarkMinion link=topic=14069.msg143962#msg143962 date=1138745896]

I mean get real...she has absolutely no background/education in politics and this is just a publicity stunt.  What a dumb bitch.
[/quote]

Since when do you need to have a background/education in poltics to be a senator?
January 31, 2006, 10:24 PM
Invert
[quote author=dxoigmn link=topic=14069.msg143966#msg143966 date=1138746257]
[quote author=DarkMinion link=topic=14069.msg143962#msg143962 date=1138745896]

[/quote]

Since when do you need to have a background/education in poltics to be a senator?
[/quote]

You don't. DM never said you have to have background/education in politics to be one, he just stated that she does not.
January 31, 2006, 10:26 PM
CrAz3D
Wasn't this posted before?...& then moved to the trash?
I know I replied, maybe it was a dream, hmm
January 31, 2006, 10:30 PM
Mephisto
I agree that she has no right to be in the Senate for who she is (qualifications, accomplishments, etc.).  But that doesn't mean you need to be dissing on her and name bashing her because she has an opinion you don't agree with.  I think it's okay that you dispute her position, but do it in a civil manner instead of agressively attacking her idealogy with name calling and dissing the liberal ideology.

If you just posted this to bash the liberal philosophy (again) then please have it removed.  There's no more need for these bashing articles which produce no worthwhile debate and discussion.  There are plenty of idiotic buffoons in politics right now from both sides, not just the left, so please keep that in mind when you bring trashy topics like these up!
January 31, 2006, 10:54 PM
CrAz3D
I will agree w/that, we should be attacking the Lefists mentallity she promotes.
Liberalism is ok sometimes, I think...but not leftism.

Sheehan is the essence of a mentally disturbed leftist person.
January 31, 2006, 10:59 PM
DarkMinion
This thread exists because it's a colossal joke that she's running for senate when she has no experience, background, or education dealing with politics.  This thread exists because this is nothing more than a wild publicity stunt by the American left to gain popularity (which they are in dire need of)
January 31, 2006, 11:15 PM
CrAz3D
[quote author=DarkMinion link=topic=14069.msg143991#msg143991 date=1138749348] This thread exists because this is nothing more than a wild publicity stunt by the American left to gain popularity (which they are in dire need of)
[/quote]I'm gonna have to disagree with that.
I believe there are plenty of lame brained liberals who see leftism as cool.

Leftism is like a clothing brand, if you will.  The current fad is to be against Bush for any and all reasons (even if said reason was caused BY A FREAKIN HURRICANE).
January 31, 2006, 11:25 PM
Mephisto
[quote author=DarkMinion link=topic=14069.msg143991#msg143991 date=1138749348]
This thread exists because it's a colossal joke that she's running for senate when she has no experience, background, or education dealing with politics.  This thread exists because this is nothing more than a wild publicity stunt by the American left to gain popularity (which they are in dire need of)
[/quote]

So why is it in this category?  It'd be better in the funny forum from your description of it.  I thought this forum was for mature and meaningful poltiical debate?  Not name/philisophy bashing arguments from biased people.
January 31, 2006, 11:30 PM
Invert
[quote author=CrAz3D link=topic=14069.msg143995#msg143995 date=1138749908]
[quote author=DarkMinion link=topic=14069.msg143991#msg143991 date=1138749348] This thread exists because this is nothing more than a wild publicity stunt by the American left to gain popularity (which they are in dire need of)
[/quote]I'm gonna have to disagree with that.
I believe there are plenty of lame brained liberals who see leftism as cool.

Leftism is like a clothing brand, if you will.  The current fad is to be against Bush for any and all reasons (even if said reason was caused BY A FREAKIN HURRICANE).

[/quote]

About the hurricane and the talk about the federal government not doing anything:

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/01/31/D8FFSI7O2.html
January 31, 2006, 11:48 PM
DarkMinion
[quote]So why is it in this category?  It'd be better in the funny forum from your description of it.  I thought this forum was for mature and meaningful poltiical debate?  Not name/philisophy bashing arguments from biased people.[/quote]

This topic is political.  I presented perfectly acceptable reasons as to why Sheehan running for office is a joke.  Of course, you won't refute those because you can't.

And believe me, most of the stuff that Grok & Co. have posted has been very immature.  All they have done is slung mud on the Bush administration, flinging hateful insults and the like, yet those threads endure without protest...hmmm...
February 1, 2006, 12:25 AM
Mephisto
[quote author=DarkMinion link=topic=14069.msg144020#msg144020 date=1138753528]
[quote]So why is it in this category?  It'd be better in the funny forum from your description of it.  I thought this forum was for mature and meaningful poltiical debate?  Not name/philisophy bashing arguments from biased people.[/quote]

This topic is political.  I presented perfectly acceptable reasons as to why Sheehan running for office is a joke.  Of course, you won't refute those because you can't.

And believe me, most of the stuff that Grok & Co. have posted has been very immature.  All they have done is slung mud on the Bush administration, flinging hateful insults and the like, yet those threads endure without protest...hmmm...
[/quote]

Actually, there are quite a few protests (see posts from Invert, Crazed, HisMajesty, etc.).  And I was pointing out the blatant insults against Sheehan similar to what you describe against Bush in previous topics.  And if you took a moment to read my posts without assuming them as liberal garbage you would see that I agreed with you in the point worth discussing about, and made yet another mention of the unncessary use of language.
February 1, 2006, 12:46 AM
DarkMinion
Agreed, this isn't the place for blatant insults (even if the person in question may deserve them).  And I assumed no such thing about you, I was simply explaining why this topic belongs here.
February 1, 2006, 1:24 AM
CrAz3D
[quote author=Mephisto link=topic=14069.msg144027#msg144027 date=1138754781]
[quote author=DarkMinion link=topic=14069.msg144020#msg144020 date=1138753528]

[/quote]

Actually, there are quite a few protests (see posts from Invert, Crazed, HisMajesty, etc.).  And I was pointing out the blatant insults against Sheehan similar to what you describe against Bush in previous topics.  And if you took a moment to read my posts without assuming them as liberal garbage you would see that I agreed with you in the point worth discussing about, and made yet another mention of the unncessary use of language.
[/quote]
#1) Who the crap is Crazed?
#2) hismajesty/trust hasn't posted in this topic, WTF?
#3) How was I insulting her?*

*My posts in this thread regarding her:
[quote author=CrAz3D link=topic=14069.msg143988#msg143988 date=1138748352]
Sheehan is the essence of a mentally disturbed leftist person.
[/quote]
She said "get our troops out of occupied New Orleans", is that not evidence she is somewhat disturbed?
The most militaristic like definition I found of occupy was:
[quote]To seize possession of and maintain control over by or as if by conquest.[/quote]
[u]Problems with "occupied NO":[/u]
-The USA already had control over NO
-You can't conquere something in your control
February 1, 2006, 1:31 AM
Mephisto
Here's a tip: Make your posts more coherent.

Here's another one: Understand when a post is directed to you and not.  Not only was it not directed at you, you missed the point of it and who I was referring to and what.
February 1, 2006, 1:35 AM
CrAz3D
[quote author=Mephisto link=topic=14069.msg144038#msg144038 date=1138757720]

Here's another one: Understand when a post is directed to you and not.  Not only was it not directed at you, you missed the point of it and who I was referring to and what.
[/quote]Here's a few tips:
-If you don't want me to respond to your posts don't mention my name in it
-Stay on topic ;)
February 1, 2006, 1:50 AM
Mephisto
[quote author=CrAz3D link=topic=14069.msg144039#msg144039 date=1138758641]

[/quote]Here's a few tips:
-If you don't want me to respond to your posts don't mention my name in it
-Stay on topic ;)
[/quote]

I am on topic.  Your name was in there because I was referring to past posts.  It had nothing to do with this post.  Please read.:)
February 1, 2006, 2:06 AM
Invert
News
http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/01/31/D8FG2HV82.html
February 1, 2006, 3:48 AM
CrAz3D

[/quote]That's on topic?...hmm
Doesn't look like it has to do w/Sheehan or the Senate.

[quote author=Invert link=topic=14069.msg144059#msg144059 date=1138765728]
News
http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/01/31/D8FG2HV82.html
[/quote]WTF will this woman do next!?  Maybe she'll go over WAT left & then head to Iraq & join a terrorist organization & blow herself up, hm, that sounds nice, not likely, but nice.
Anyway, what does it take to have the courts admit someone to a psych ward?
February 1, 2006, 6:00 AM

Search