Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Politics | Republicans and Democrats don't think logically?

AuthorMessageTime
iago
I read a great article today:
http://www.livescience.com/othernews/060124_political_decisions.html

To summarize, when a strong partisan is shown a clip of his party leader speaking, the logical part of his brain goes unused; instead, the emotional part lights up, followed by activity in the "reward" part of the brain (the part linked with addictions).  Further, they see no contraction in what their chosen candidate says, but they see it in what the opposed candidate says.  They also see contradictions made by Tom Hanks.  People who are neutral to both parties tend to notice both contradictions. 

I'm glad somebody did a study like this, actually.  When I hear both American candidates or both main Canadian candidates talking, it bothers me about how dishonest they are, and how much they contradict themselves.  I hate politics, period. 
January 27, 2006, 12:49 AM
Arta
Isn't it splendid? I read it with this forum in mind and found it rather amusing :)  I've been saving it up to blog about some time.
January 27, 2006, 1:56 AM
St0rm.iD
Yeah. That actually happens with me, too. Any way to turn it off?
January 27, 2006, 5:19 AM
kamakazie
[quote author=Banana fanna fo fanna link=topic=14027.msg143356#msg143356 date=1138339164]
[/quote]

Be liberal (not in the political sense).
January 27, 2006, 6:20 AM
iago
[quote author=Banana fanna fo fanna link=topic=14027.msg143356#msg143356 date=1138339164]
[/quote]

*shrug* don't support one of the parties over the other, listen to them both.  Or just hate them both because they're both filthy liars. 
January 27, 2006, 7:15 AM

Search