Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Politics | Jill Carroll

AuthorMessageTime
Grok
Disclaimer:  Let me say I sincerely hope this woman is released safe and sound, as with any hostage.

Jill Carroll, reporter, is a hostage in Iraq.  OK, dozens of other people have been to, right?  Why is this one so different?  From the first announcement of her capture, obtaining her release is of utmost importance to everyone from the White House to her news agency, to politicians in Iraq.  It seems everyone has mobilized for her.  Great, that's as it should be, I applaud those efforts.  But why not the previous hostages?  This one seems obviously different and I'm curious as to why.
January 20, 2006, 8:16 PM
DarkMinion
Because she has written articles praising the insurgency, she's a left-wing journalist and the left-wing media is embracing her story.
January 20, 2006, 9:56 PM
CrAz3D
[quote author=Grok link=topic=13968.msg142561#msg142561 date=1137788172]
Disclaimer:  Let me say I sincerely hope this woman is released safe and sound, as with any hostage.

Jill Carroll, reporter, is a hostage in Iraq.  OK, dozens of other people have been to, right?  Why is this one so different?  From the first announcement of her capture, obtaining her release is of utmost importance to everyone from the White House to her news agency, to politicians in Iraq.  It seems everyone has mobilized for her.  Great, that's as it should be, I applaud those efforts.  But why not the previous hostages?  This one seems obviously different and I'm curious as to why.
[/quote]Haven't they released a few women prisoners in Iraq as apart of the Jill's captures' demands?

January 21, 2006, 5:09 PM
DarkMinion
No, and they won't.  Meeting any terrorist's demands would be an extremely bad idea.
January 21, 2006, 5:23 PM
Grok
She has been released.  Of that I am glad.

Is she the only one abducted and released (as opposed to rescued by force)?  Someday we'll know who Jill Caroll really is and why the US enlisted so many countries to work for her release.  We know that within weeks of her capture and the demands, five Iraqi female prisoners were let go, "in an unrelated already planned release".  If there were more I don't know, did not follow it that closely.
March 30, 2006, 1:12 PM
CrAz3D
wow, I thought they were supposed to kill her a long time ago...
March 30, 2006, 3:08 PM

Search