Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Computer Support Issues | Monitor/PC help

AuthorMessageTime
The-Rabid-Lord
My compute would crash,m and I worked out the processor was to hot. So I bought a new Heatsink for it. Before hand PC worked fine. After installing it my monitor gave a "No signal" display. I checked the cables for the monitor were in. I check the video card power cable was plugged in. I then reset my motherboard as it had fixe the problem before. My mother board is a PC chips M48. I am at a loss. I rechanged the heatsink putting my PC back as it was. Nothing. I tried a different gfx card but same problem, so I figure its not my vid card. Any ideas?
January 19, 2006, 12:32 PM
LordNevar
Try using a different monitor and see if it is just monitor related instead of a hardware issue. If it boots up using another monitor, I would try updating your BIOS. If this still doesn't work, I would get on eBay or go to the store and use it as an excuse to get a nice LCD. ;)
January 19, 2006, 12:36 PM
The-Rabid-Lord
OK, i had a great idea. Hook my monitor up to my laptop and see what happenes. Monitor works fine. Is it possible my mobo is fucked? The chances of 2 gfx cards not working are rare I imagine. 2 Screens is nice though.
January 19, 2006, 4:47 PM
LoRd
How did you come to the conclusion that the processor was too hot?  The most common cause of crashes during heavy work loads is the power supply and if that's the case then it would explain why you're having display problems as well.
January 19, 2006, 9:49 PM
JoeTheOdd
If you want to get an IA64 processor, you should probably get an Intel, because AMD doesn't support the full IA64, or even IA32 for that case, instruction set, and leads you to some nice problems down the road, from what I've heard. But, as the money is your's, so is the choice..
January 21, 2006, 9:37 AM

Search