Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Battle.net Bot Development | Battle.net user profiles.

AuthorMessageTime
MyStiCaL
  I'm wondering its just a question that i recently noticed that i figured maybe new.

When logging on a username but only as number 1 on client, you CAN change your own profile. BUT if you login as #2 on client you CANNOT change your profile.

When logging on a username but only as number 1 using a bot, you CAN change your own profile. but if you login as #2 on a bot you CAN change your profile.

Before i remember logining into client as #2 and changing my own profile but now does not work?

whats the problem here?
January 13, 2006, 12:16 PM
Skywing
I would hazard a guess that the client is trying to write to the account directory based on the unique name assigned by the server instead of the account name assigned by the server.  The server then silently discards attempts to write to the account directory for accounts you don't have access to.
January 13, 2006, 1:43 PM
MyStiCaL

Sounds fair enough, but would this be somthing new maybe they changed? because i know it use to be possible.
January 13, 2006, 2:31 PM
Skywing
[quote author=MyStiCaL link=topic=13896.msg141652#msg141652 date=1137162669]

Sounds fair enough, but would this be somthing new maybe they changed? because i know it use to be possible.
[/quote]

No.  As far as I know, some clients have always had broken profile editing if you were logged on where unique name != account name.  Perhaps you are thinking of Starcraft vs D2 or War3 though, IIRC at least one of those had the proper behavior and used the account name instead of unique name.
January 13, 2006, 3:38 PM
Kp
It may be that the server previously included a workaround that redirected the erroneous writes to the right profile, and that the servers are now simply dropping the offending writes.
January 14, 2006, 12:21 AM

Search