Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Computer Support Issues | Boot up problem, please help!!!

AuthorMessageTime
D3luxe
I got a BareBones AMD package for christmas, with ram and a HD and cd drive, etc. When i went to put it together, i found out some pins on the processor were bent, but that was after I put it in the MOBO and started it up. Nothing would come up on the screen. I sent the processor back to the company for a replacement, and got the replacement with no bent pins, and put it in the MOBO yet nothing still shows up on screen. I called a computer builder and asked him what he thought, he said it might be that the MOBO is shortted out. After I talked to him, i thought that the fans on the processor are working, and they are plugged directly into the MOBO, so it couldnt be shorted out, can it? The computer doesn't POST either, absolutely nothing comes up on screen. There are no beeps, but when I took out the ram card it had the 3 memory beeps, so I know its active somewhat. All fans spin, including heatsink, and all computer lights come on. What do you think might be the problem, and how could I fix it?

-512 MB SDRam
-K8Upgrade-VM800 MOBO
-350 GB Seagate HD
-CD Drive
-DVD Drive
-Onboard Video
-Onboard Sound
I believe that is all...any other info needed, please post.
January 12, 2006, 12:56 AM
laurion
Does it output to your monitor at all?
January 12, 2006, 1:38 AM
D3luxe
[quote author=D3luxe link=topic=13883.msg141448#msg141448 date=1137027407]
absolutely nothing comes up on screen[/quote]

nope  ;)
January 12, 2006, 1:51 AM
Does the HDD spin?
January 12, 2006, 2:04 AM
MrRaza
You never told us what processor you have, if you use a processor that isn't designed for the motherboard you have, you might have shorted it out (becuase of different voltage requirements/settings). Anyway, be sure the needed jumpers, etc are setup correctly. Putting the processor in the wrong way would also short the circuitry. As well, some processors have specific pin layouts to prevent wrong insertion, others have a dot or small triangle to show where the processor will go.  They're some solutions that you can try to see if your motherboard has shorted yet, use a multimeter to measure if there is still current, some motherboards also have a LED somewhere on the board to indicate that it atleast has power.

Don't blame me for any damage you cause, to you or your computer.
January 12, 2006, 2:36 AM
D3luxe
lol Raza why would i blame you? Anyway, im sure the processor is compatible with the MOBO cause they came in a Barebones kit. The processor is an AMD 64 Sempron 3000+, socket 754. All jumpers and stuff are set up right, and the processor is put in the correct way. I just found out a few minutes ago though that my dad is going to take it up to the store that he got it from and have them fix it tomorrow, so i'll let you guys know what was wrong with it.
January 12, 2006, 2:39 AM
JoeTheOdd
The usefulness of the Microsoft website indicated that zero beeps and no signal on the monitor indicates a power failure: plug your computer in.

Sorry, cheap shot.
January 15, 2006, 8:22 PM
Myndfyr
If there is no monitor output that usually indicates that the processor is incorrectly seated, that the fan is incorrectly placed or plugged in, or that memory is incorrectly seated.
January 18, 2006, 5:07 PM
shout
[quote author=D3luxe link=topic=13883.msg141448#msg141448 date=1137027407]
All fans spin, including heatsink,[/quote]

Maybe that's the problem... your heatsink is spinning.

The first problem I see is onboard video. But I would guess your motherboard is shot. It can still react but be dead. You know, like post-death farts and stuff.
January 18, 2006, 6:33 PM

Search