Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | General Discussion | *drool* (cars)

AuthorMessageTime
CrAz3D
*drool*
http://www.cnn.com/2006/AUTOS/funonwheels/01/09/detroit_camaro_concept/index.html
[img]http://www.roadandtrack.com/assets/image/2006/Q1/162006144750.jpg[/img]

*drool* a little more
[img]http://www.creatingthelie.com/auto_gallery/mopar/images/plum_RT_challenger_front.jpg[/img]

*drool* the most
http://www.stangnet.com/2005-Mustang/2007-shelby-gt500-182006.html
[img]http://img.mysan.de/mycars/ford_gt500/ShelbyCobraGT500Show_30_HR.jpg[/img]

I'm unsure about the design of the new Camaro, I saw a photoshopped one somebody made that look wicked, more like the originals...but this one is growin on me.

The Challenger is a MUCH better revival from Dodge than their sad attempt at the Charger.

The new Shelby GT500 speaks for itself.
January 10, 2006, 5:48 PM
Forged
of the 3 I like the way the challanger looks, but the c6 motor they are putting in the camaro sounds sexy as hell.
January 10, 2006, 6:25 PM
peofeoknight
that challenger is  bad ass! I bet itl' own the stangs in performance and acceleration too.
January 10, 2006, 6:26 PM
CrAz3D
[quote author=quasi-modo link=topic=13870.msg141318#msg141318 date=1136917575]
that challenger is  bad ass! I bet itl' own the stangs in performance and acceleration too.
[/quote]I'm gonna gues 5.something v8 hemi, oooooh.
I get tingles just thinkin about that thing rumble w/different mufflers.
Wish I had that kind of cash...oh well, I'll just wait to get my 2014 50th anniversary Mustang GT.

There is too much hype (or w/e) over the Shelby GT500, its just a GT w/a blower & Shelby's signature here & there.  Too bad that signature costs such a pretty penny, wait, make that dime.
January 10, 2006, 6:29 PM
peofeoknight
Dodge Challenger
The Challenger concept car is powered by the same 6.1-liter V-8 engine now used in the Dodge, Chrysler and Jeep SRT-8 line of high-performance vehicles.
January 10, 2006, 6:34 PM
CrAz3D
[quote author=quasi-modo link=topic=13870.msg141321#msg141321 date=1136918089]
Dodge Challenger
The Challenger concept car is powered by the same 6.1-liter V-8 engine now used in the Dodge, Chrysler and Jeep SRT-8 line of high-performance vehicles.
[/quote]roar, dang.  That think'll be FUN!.  Screw the Jeep SRT-8, that thing is just stupid
January 10, 2006, 6:36 PM
peofeoknight
I just copied that off of a dodge thing. The c6 is a 6litre. I betcha that the camaro wont go to market with that, they cant have it going on the road with more power than their z06 vette and a lower sticker.
January 10, 2006, 6:40 PM
CrAz3D
It would be a SAD day that the Camaro out prices/peforms the corvette.  Camaros are supposed to be the poor man's Corvette, a car that costs $40k isn't for no poor man.
January 10, 2006, 6:46 PM
peofeoknight
Well some camaros used to out perform vets... there was a modified camaro years and years ago... kinda like the ford shelby equivalent to a camaro and it basically had a vette engine in it and of course it was lighter. It was much more expencive than the stock camaro at the time but still much cheaper than a vette... but that never caught on and only lasted like two years. That was in the... 80s I think? Yeah, but anyway, the vette is their flagship car and it will always be the top performer otherwise who would buy it if the car that sells for 20grand less can out perform it. z06 is even 40 grand more... z06 is what 60 thousand?
January 10, 2006, 7:53 PM
CrAz3D
First search result shwos $65k for an 06 z06.  eeks.

What Camaro model was that?  The IROC-Z or w/e?
January 10, 2006, 10:10 PM
powered by nissan
Shows you why GM is going out of business soon.  Please tell me what is the point of slighty updating old cars that look like shit in the  first place? I'm by no means impressed.
January 13, 2006, 4:30 AM
peofeoknight
[quote author=powered by nissan link=topic=13870.msg141611#msg141611 date=1137126608]
Shows you why GM is going out of business soon.  Please tell me what is the point of slighty updating old cars that look like shit in the  first place? I'm by no means impressed.
[/quote] Okay mechanically these cars are insane; the drive train is simple and reliable (not overly complicated like a lot of the new stuff coming from japan), the engines are basically perfected after years of use, and they are powerful. Plus they look sweet as hell. But I can see why you don't like the look of those cars... they dont have big unnecessary erector set spoilers on them or huge unnecessary exhaust pipes that do nothing that lower back pressure.

GM going out of business? News to me. Plus those cars are also made by Chrysler and Ford. There will always be american motor companies.
January 13, 2006, 5:47 AM
powered by nissan
[quote author=quasi-modo link=topic=13870.msg141620#msg141620 date=1137131237]
Okay mechanically these cars are insane; the drive train is simple and reliable (not overly complicated like a lot of the new stuff coming from japan), the engines are basically perfected after years of use, and they are powerful. Plus they look sweet as hell. But I can see why you don't like the look of those cars... they dont have big unnecessary erector set spoilers on them or huge unnecessary exhaust pipes that do nothing that lower back pressure.

GM going out of business? News to me.
[/quote]
First off, you honestly think I like cars with big wings and decals?  No I'm not one of those fanboys..........as for the look, the reason why I dont like these new concepts, is that I was never a fan of the old muscle car look.  About GM going out of business, just take a look at their stock.  A year ago they were near a 100 per share now thats diminished to 23 dollars a share.  GM layed off 500 engineers just now in 06. 

from edmunds inside line... ... ...
[quote]
GM closing 8 plants, and cutting 30,000 jobs before 2009
In an effort to stem the financial bleeding GM announced that it would be closing eight plants across the country, and will cut 30,000 jobs. As you would expect, this will effect Michigan the most, as many of the plants and affected employees are located there.

Plant closures will involve four assembly plants, as well as four stamping and powertrain plants across the U.S. and Canada.

The big question is, will this be enough, and if not, what's next?
[/quote]

[quote]
Is the unthinkable a real possibility? If you listen to Wall Street, it certainly could be, as more and more in the world's financial district are losing confidence in Rick Wagoner, GM executives, and their ability to save the General.

Yesterday it was reported that GM misstated their 2001 earnings due to an accounting error. Are there more 'surprises' waiting in the wings to be disclosed? While some Wall Street analysts downplayed the significance of the filing, others said it could be symptomatic of larger problems at GM.

"We believe the odds GM management could be held accountable for accounting errors has gone up and this could accelerate a bankruptcy protection decision we think is inevitable," Bank of America's Ron Tadross said in a report Thursday. He said there is a 40 percent possibility that the company will file for bankruptcy in the next two years, up from 30 percent before Wednesday's disclosure." Banc of America's Ron Tadross said in a report Thursday.

So has GM passed the point of no return? Are their other factors that have yet to play out fully—Delphi, health care, customer resistance to the upcoming new full-size trucks and SUVs, etc.—that can still sink the ship, regardless of the efforts put forth by Wagoner and company?
[/quote]

Also Ford closed down two pretty big plants in Detriot.
January 13, 2006, 5:58 AM
peofeoknight
But keep in mind how many plants they both still have, gm still has about 24 plants I believe... its not like those are full on assembly plant's too like the covette plant in bowling green. Gm is in a slump yes, but going out of business? Very doubtful. If winn dixie and the air lines are all still kicking and kmart bought out sears 9 months ago I'd be suprised if gm just... seiced to exist. Corportations usually don't die.

Okay, so you don't like the look of muscle cars... but lets examine most of the american population. A lot of the people who would be in the market for a two doored sports coop / muscle / sport car I would venture to say like the muscle car body style. That is why ford's new mustang body style has been such a hit. Same reason the pt cruiser got all of that hype... retro is apparently in.
January 13, 2006, 6:06 AM
powered by nissan
[quote author=quasi-modo link=topic=13870.msg141626#msg141626 date=1137132394]
But keep in mind how many plants they both still have, gm still has about 24 plants I believe... its not like those are full on assembly plant's too like the covette plant in bowling green. Gm is in a slump yes, but going out of business? Very doubtful. If winn dixie and the air lines are all still kicking and kmart bought out sears 9 months ago I'd be suprised if gm just... seiced to exist. Corportations usually don't die.
[/quote]
Hmmm They are slowly starting to decline, you may be right about GM being kept alive, but demand is down.  As far as I'm and most others with a good amount of money (not everyone) are concerned  much rather be driving a lexus/nissan/infinti/bmw/mercedes or acura.  American car companies cannot match the imported cars luxury, handling, reliability and power (in some cases) have to offer. 
Okay, so you don't like the look of muscle cars... but lets examine most of the american population. A lot of the people who would be in the market for a two doored sports coop / muscle / sport car I would venture to say like the muscle car body style. That is why ford's new mustang body style has been such a hit. Same reason the pt cruiser got all of that hype... retro is apparently in.
[/quote]
Lamborghini just released some [img]http://forums.maxima.org/images/smilies/gay.gif[/img] retro concept. I don't believe this is the way to go, as it seems if it takes us back to the 60s : / but for others, this may satisfy their tastes. 
January 13, 2006, 6:16 AM
CrAz3D
Toyota's net profit per year is almost enough to buy GM outright.
January 13, 2006, 3:53 PM
peofeoknight
[quote author=powered by nissan link=topic=13870.msg141627#msg141627 date=1137132971]
[/quote]
Hmmm They are slowly starting to decline, you may be right about GM being kept alive, but demand is down.  As far as I'm and most others with a good amount of money (not everyone) are concerned  much rather be driving a lexus/nissan/infinti/bmw/mercedes or acura.  American car companies cannot match the imported cars luxury, handling, reliability and power (in some cases) have to offer. 
[/quote]
Lamborghini just released some [img]http://forums.maxima.org/images/smilies/gay.gif[/img] retro concept. I don't believe this is the way to go, as it seems if it takes us back to the 60s : / but for others, this may satisfy their tastes. 
[/quote]
What about cadillac, mercury, lincoln, and other luctury lines? From my personal expericne the cadillac dhs (not to mention their other vehicles, I just know about dhs personally because my mom drives one and it's real nice) is an extremely nice car and I see plenty off them in the white collar areas around town

Also, lamborgini did? Huh, what's it called? TMK I thought they only had two production cars, the Murcielago and the Gallardo (which both look pretty damn similar IMO)
January 13, 2006, 5:10 PM