Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Politics | Intl Laws: Leaving the country

AuthorMessageTime
JoeTheOdd
As you may or may not know, I'm looking into participating on a international mission trip to Nicaragua for 15 days this summer. Aparently, theres an international law governing leaving a country under the age of 16.

Well, that poses a problem, as I'll only be about 15 3/4 at the time. Now, when my mom explained this to me (in the "reasons you can't visit iago" conversation), she said I can't leave without my parent(s). However, they're not lawyers, so I don't know if they're right.

Does this law exist at all? What is the exact text of this law? And most importantly, would a pastor count as a "guardian", allowing me to go? =)
January 6, 2006, 1:24 AM
Forged
I left the country by myself when I was 10 years old, so I am fairly sure they are lying.  However, that could be a Nicaraguan law.
January 6, 2006, 1:54 AM
Grok
International Law?  What is that?  If such a thing exists I don't know if it is enforceable.
January 6, 2006, 10:58 AM
JoeTheOdd
[quote author=Forged link=topic=13804.msg140738#msg140738 date=1136512497]
I left the country by myself when I was 10 years old, so I am fairly sure they are lying.  However, that could be a Nicaraguan law.
[/quote]

Hm, alright. It wouldn't be Nicaraguan, because it was brought up when I wanted to go to Canada. Thanks though =)

[quote author=Grok link=topic=13804.msg140799#msg140799 date=1136545139]
International Law?  What is that?  If such a thing exists I don't know if it is enforceable.
[/quote]
Again, I don't know much about this, and I'm obviously not a lawyer (but I hear your a judge!). From the look of this, it doesn't exist, and I can go.
January 6, 2006, 1:16 PM

Search