Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Battle.net Bot Development | Something odd

AuthorMessageTime
Denial
Ok i came across of this by accident i was wondering if it's something new they implemented.

Anyway so i've been checking out cdkeys and such for something i've been doing and once in a while i have been ip banned because of it which is normal because i switched cdkeys to fast.

What i've noticed is each time about 20 minutes later i am un ip banned but here's the twist.

When i come back it logs on the bot but first says connection closed then logs on normally then one of my other bots does the same thing.

[21:17:56] Connection to server closed.
[21:17:59] Connected to server.
[21:17:59] Sending information on location.
[21:17:59] Connection to server closed.
[21:18:02] Connected to server.
[21:18:02] Sending information on location.
[21:18:02] Connection to server closed.
[21:18:05] Connected to server.
[21:18:05] Sending information on location.
[21:18:05] Sending CD-Key and version info.
[21:18:05] Passed both version and CD-Key checks.
[21:18:05] Sending username and password.
[21:18:05] Password accepted, logging in.
[21:18:05] Assigned name: Denial

For a few seconds. Now here is the odd thing.

Each time this happens i can load 1 less thing.

For example as a rule you can have 7 "things" loaded on battle.net from 1 ip.

After i got ip banned for the first time it went down to 6. Currently i am down to only being able to load 2 things. After i load 2 things and i try to load another bot. I either get a connection closed or a connection closed then another bot disconnects and that other one logs in.

What i was wondering is this a new method battle.net has put in place or has it always been there because i have not noticed it before a few days ago.
January 3, 2006, 5:28 AM
rabbit
Hmm..this may be what my webbot problem is.  I'm currently down to 5 on east.  It is new, as I have never had any problems like this before.
January 4, 2006, 1:57 AM
Denial
From what i've heard it's happening to a few people like myself so it might be something new blizzard is targeting people to test before they make it fully operational. Someone pointed this out as well to me below as blizzard's offical statement about what is happening.

A. You are entitled to use Battle.net for your own personal use, but you shall
not be entitled to:

(xvii) create or maintain, under any circumstance, more than one simultaneous
connection to Battle.net. All such connections to Battle.net, whether created by
Blizzard software products or by other tools and utilities, may only be made
through methods and means expressly approved by Blizzard Entertainment. Under no
circumstances may you connect or create tools that allow you to connect to
Battle.net's private binary interface or interfaces other than those explicitly
provided by Blizzard Entertainment for public use;
January 4, 2006, 3:45 AM
warz
Then you're currently able to load more than you're entitled to. There should be no problem. :-P
January 4, 2006, 4:01 AM
Denial
Na, Im pretty sure the method they are using is ip based so im going to test that in a second by using another computer , changing my ip, or using a proxy to test it.
January 4, 2006, 4:38 AM
rabbit
Blizzard allows for violation of that by not requiring the disc in the tray to be on Battle.Net.  I've loaded Starcraft, Warcraft II, Diablo II, and Warcraft III clients all at once with 1 CD-ROM drive, and had a nice chat with myselves.
January 5, 2006, 2:03 AM
Yegg
[quote author=Denial link=topic=13749.msg140209#msg140209 date=1136266111]
For example as a rule you can have 7 "things" loaded on battle.net from 1 ip.
[/quote]

Hmm, I can load 9 "things". However 1 must be chat (or possibly a no-cdkey product, I havn't checked) and the other 8 must be using cdkey's.
January 5, 2006, 2:24 AM
Denial
Are you sure? because the limit for a ip should be 7 on 1 realm of battle.net. Except if i remember correctly you can only have 4 d2 "things" on at a time per ip.

Well atleast 4 D2 things on in a game off 1 ip at a time.
January 5, 2006, 2:58 AM
FrOzeN
I've always been able to load 8 per IP. Except only 1 Telnet chat client per IP. I've never tried loading 8 + 1 telnet, I assumed the telnet would take one of the 8 slots anyway, though, not certain.
January 5, 2006, 3:04 AM
JoeTheOdd
[quote author=rabbit link=topic=13749.msg140540#msg140540 date=1136426582]
Blizzard allows for violation of that by not requiring the disc in the tray to be on Battle.Net.  I've loaded Starcraft, Warcraft II, Diablo II, and Warcraft III clients all at once with 1 CD-ROM drive, and had a nice chat with myselves.
[/quote]

Daemon Tools.
January 5, 2006, 3:29 AM
Explicit[nK]
[quote author=Joe link=topic=13749.msg140561#msg140561 date=1136431779]
Blizzard allows for violation of that by not requiring the disc in the tray to be on Battle.Net. I've loaded Starcraft, Warcraft II, Diablo II, and Warcraft III clients all at once with 1 CD-ROM drive, and had a nice chat with myselves.
[/quote]

Daemon Tools.
[/quote]

You wouldn't even need DaemonToolz for that.  You simply load up one game client, go into some channel, and then move onto the next.
January 5, 2006, 4:31 AM
FrOzeN
[quote author=Explicit[nK] link=topic=13749.msg140567#msg140567 date=1136435496]
Blizzard allows for violation of that by not requiring the disc in the tray to be on Battle.Net. I've loaded Starcraft, Warcraft II, Diablo II, and Warcraft III clients all at once with 1 CD-ROM drive, and had a nice chat with myselves.
[/quote]

Daemon Tools.
[/quote]

You wouldn't even need DaemonToolz for that.  You simply load up one game client, go into some channel, and then move onto the next.
[/quote]
That is, assumming you have more than 1 cd-rom drives.
January 5, 2006, 5:37 AM
Explicit[nK]
[quote author=FrOzeN link=topic=13749.msg140575#msg140575 date=1136439441]
[quote author=Explicit[nK] link=topic=13749.msg140567#msg140567 date=1136435496]
[/quote]

Daemon Tools.
[/quote]

You wouldn't even need DaemonToolz for that. You simply load up one game client, go into some channel, and then move onto the next.
[/quote]
That is, assumming you have more than 1 cd-rom drives.
[/quote]

You don't need more than one.  Try it for yourself.
January 5, 2006, 5:38 AM
FrOzeN
I only have the games StarCraft/BroodWar. Therefore I can't do this. I never liked Diablo/WarCraft.
January 5, 2006, 5:40 AM
l2k-Shadow
You guys are missing the point. What he's saying that you don't need to have your CD in the CD drive while in Bnet chat. So you can load Starcraft client, go into a channel. alt+tab, remove cd, put in d2 cd, load diablo 2, go into a channel, etc..
January 5, 2006, 5:41 AM
Denial
Exactly but that isn't part of the conversation of this thread. Apparnently it is ip-based and it happens from what i've tested by any normal type of disconnection that gets you ip banned for more then a duration of 15.6 minutes long.
January 5, 2006, 7:08 AM
MesiaH
I beleive what you're encountering is the delay between server-server communication linking. For example, say you connect to use-bna-chat02.battle.net and get disconnected and temporarily restricted from connection on that gateway for 15-20 minutes (Don't remember the exact time..) During that time, if you try switching the server to use-bna-chat10.battle.net, it will allow you to connect, but it will disconnect you soon after. You may be able to send 0x50, 0x51, you might not. If you were to switch realms though, you would be able to log on fine. As far as the number of clients being able to load per IP, it is 8 for a binary connection. If you use the chat gateway, battle.net will disconnect one of your binary connections if all 8 are in use (IIRC...) If you get disconnected for any reason other than flooding, rest assure your IP will be temporarily banned from connecting to battle.net on that specific realm. One of my older bots used a method i dubbed "Smart Server Switching". If you got disconnected for flooding or some other reason, and are unable to connect to the gateway within a 2 minute period of time; after 3 consecutive attempts, it will switch servers from the nslookup on that same realm. Then, if after 5 connects from random servers on that same realm fail, it displayed a message to wait about 30 minutes to try logging onto that realm again. Then it prompted the user to switch realms (To usWEST for example..) The more you try to connect on a server or realm you have been banned from, the longer the delay. If your cdkey owner name is the same for all cdkeys, battle.net will disconnect one for each failed attempt you make. It is always good to change cdkey owner strings if the cdkey is different. This has been my experience, and may be somewhat outdated... hope this helps..
January 6, 2006, 12:18 AM
rabbit
It's not that.  I can load 6, but then when I load the 7th, the 1st drops and the 2nd-7th all work fine.  If I reconnect the 1st ("1b"), the 2nd drops, and everything else works.  Etc...
January 6, 2006, 4:02 AM
Denial
Mesiah / haiseM what you just said was nothing to the point.

We are talking about when you get ip banned for example: switching cdkeys to fast you will be banned for around 18 to 42 minutes from my experience. Once that bot connects back to b-net it forces another connection off battle.net and battle.net lets you only load 1 less then you could before so if you could load 8 total bots off your ip then you can now only load 7 ... if you repeat it you can now only load 6 and so on.
January 6, 2006, 5:33 AM
Eternal
I have also had this problem Denial. It's happened to me on more than one occasion. One time, I left it for about a week (just to see if it was an IP ban that would be removed) and I was still not able to initiate more than 6 connections and when the 7th connected, one of the others would drop. Changing my IP seemed to be the only way around it, but I guess it would have been interesting to see how long it would have lasted.

I assume it is some kind of new IP ban that Blizzard are going to introduce <shrugs>.
January 12, 2006, 7:44 AM
Sujak
This happened me to me I think last summer or the summer before that, i was restricted to 3 connections to my IP once. It lasted for a long time too.
January 18, 2006, 11:40 PM
rabbit
[quote author=Eternal link=topic=13749.msg141510#msg141510 date=1137051883]
I have also had this problem Denial. It's happened to me on more than one occasion. One time, I left it for about a week (just to see if it was an IP ban that would be removed) and I was still not able to initiate more than 6 connections and when the 7th connected, one of the others would drop. Changing my IP seemed to be the only way around it, but I guess it would have been interesting to see how long it would have lasted.

I assume it is some kind of new IP ban that Blizzard are going to introduce <shrugs>.
[/quote]I've been restricted to 4 on east for almost a month now.  Bastards.
January 19, 2006, 1:20 AM

Search