Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Spht's Forum | Webbot Pure...error?

AuthorMessageTime
rabbit
Well, I was having trouble with Webbot Pure, and I found the solution.  It was annoying me for a very long time, too.  Okay, so I could connect to Botnet just fine, but whenever I connected to Battle.net webbot automagically killed the connection.  The problem?  0x59.  I loaded a different bot on my webbot account to register it, and then switch back to webbot, which started to work.  I wasn't getting this problem within the first few days of using webbot, but, I just thought you'd like to know.
December 31, 2005, 6:34 PM
Spht
[quote author=rabbit link=topic=13715.msg139955#msg139955 date=1136054082]
Well, I was having trouble with Webbot Pure, and I found the solution.  It was annoying me for a very long time, too.  Okay, so I could connect to Botnet just fine, but whenever I connected to Battle.net webbot automagically killed the connection.  The problem?  0x59.  I loaded a different bot on my webbot account to register it, and then switch back to webbot, which started to work.  I wasn't getting this problem within the first few days of using webbot, but, I just thought you'd like to know.
[/quote]

So what do you think was the problem?  WebBot ignores the e-mail register message, and I've logged on to accounts that have no e-mail assigned to them.
December 31, 2005, 7:21 PM
rabbit
I don't know, but registering the e-mail made it stop disconnecting.  I spose I should have been a little more thorough with the investigation, but it's not like I can replicate it now :\
December 31, 2005, 7:59 PM
JoeTheOdd
Sure you can, just create a new Battle.net account.
December 31, 2005, 9:30 PM
rabbit
Yeah...I was thinking I'd need another webbot auth.
January 1, 2006, 2:28 AM
JoeTheOdd
WebBot auths are not tied to Battle.net accounts.
January 1, 2006, 11:33 AM
Quarantine
Nah they are tied to your Botnet account..forever.
January 1, 2006, 12:42 PM
rabbit
Blug.  I wasn't thinking strait.  Hush.
January 1, 2006, 1:32 PM
Spht
I suspect it was something unrelated to e-mail register, since the problem appeared after a few days of use, then went away again.  Probably connection/ISP issue.

Don't think that I am ignoring your report.  I looked through all the email-related code I have in WebBot to see if anything there could possibly cause a problem, but without further information that's all I can do.
January 1, 2006, 3:39 PM
rabbit
I'll try to replicate the problem, but I'm not promising anything!

[update]
Further investigation has shown that the problem lies in the fact that my network sucks.  That is all.
January 2, 2006, 7:14 PM

Search