Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Gaming Discussion | Call of Duty II

AuthorMessageTime
hismajesty
I got it for Christmas and started playing it this morning, it was a pretty good game. Though, like the other Call of Duty games, it can be beat in a relatively short amount of time (only 10 levels, though levels are multi-tiered.) One thing in the new one that is neat is that unlike CoD1 you don't do the 3 campaigns in order, you'll start of doing Russian and then you'll do British but in the middle of the British campaign it switches to American and then back to British and then back to American.

The graphics were good, even on my old 9200SE and the gameplay is nice. I really like the new way of managing damage (health packs are no more, it's this new thing where your screen just flashes and tells you to move to cover where you're really weak for a few seconds.) However, this pretty much encourages more of a rushing instead of tactical way of doing things as if you get banged up you don't have to find health (but you're going to get owned pretty quickly if there's anymore than 4 guys.) That's another thing, the guys never die unless you shoot them in their head. They will fall down and either try to crawl away (pretty funny) or pull out their pistol and try to cap your ass.

I would recommend it, I haven't played multiplayer yet but I'm assuming it's going to be pretty fun. I think I'll go do that now.

8/10?
December 26, 2005, 9:23 PM
Invert
It's too short. It's a renter.
December 27, 2005, 1:42 AM
Myndfyr
Pretty pimp for online play via Xbox Live (that is, the 360 version, not the current-gen version), especially with the new matchmaking service.
December 29, 2005, 1:50 AM
Elneroth
The multiplayer on this game is amazing. Too bad they didn't make it like bungie's online setup
January 12, 2006, 5:17 AM
hismajesty
[quote author=Elneroth link=topic=13661.msg141492#msg141492 date=1137043067]
The multiplayer on this game is amazing. Too bad they didn't make it like bungie's online setup
[/quote]

Yeah it owns, it's also seemingly (at least from my experience) more rifle oriented versus spray-and-pray. However, I do miss the "rank" system shown in the expansion for CoD that allowed you to work your way up and get upgrades for the more kills you had.
January 18, 2006, 2:14 AM

Search