Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Battle.net Bot Development | Take them, if you so desire!

AuthorMessageTime
rabbit
I'm done with Battle.Net programming.  It has lost its appeal to me.  Want some VB6 bots?  Here you go:
http://www.liquid-server.org/sources/

No support, comments, or anything, thus it sort of helps to at least know the language.
December 19, 2005, 4:28 PM
QwertyMonster
Err, thanks? Pity your giving up with Battle.net Programming.. :-\
December 19, 2005, 7:47 PM
rabbit
Meh...
December 19, 2005, 9:54 PM
Networks
[quote author=Saphire link=topic=13580.msg138480#msg138480 date=1135021652]
Err, thanks? Pity your giving up with Battle.net Programming.. :-\
[/quote]

I praise the man. =) Good job Rabbit, it's a mighty feat.
December 19, 2005, 11:45 PM
JoeTheOdd
Shh @ networks.

Thanks rabbit =)

EDIT -
Might want to take QuikBot down before Warrior starts ranting like the time I accidentally let Zycron get it. =p

EDIT -
Any chance you can zip them, so stuff like this doesn't happen?
December 20, 2005, 3:28 AM
Quarantine
Don't program bots anymore, leak away for all I care.
December 20, 2005, 3:34 AM
FrOzeN
[quote author=Joe link=topic=13580.msg138569#msg138569 date=1135049319]
EDIT -
Might want to take QuikBot down before Warrior starts ranting like the time I accidentally let Zycron get it. =p
[/quote]
Stranglely, I've had the source code to QuikBot for months. I don't know where I got it, but it's in my collection of random source codes. Maybe it was already leaked somewhere and I've picked it up? :-\
December 20, 2005, 3:46 AM
Networks
[quote author=FrOzeN link=topic=13580.msg138580#msg138580 date=1135050413]
[quote author=Joe link=topic=13580.msg138569#msg138569 date=1135049319]
EDIT -
[/quote]
Stranglely, I've had the source code to QuikBot for months. I don't know where I got it, but it's in my collection of random source codes. Maybe it was already leaked somewhere and I've picked it up? :-\
[/quote]

That reminds me...I have like 2 billion source codes for battle.net alone, I should really delete that whole folder some day.
December 20, 2005, 4:02 AM
rabbit
Whatever.  QuikBot never even worked fully, so what's it matter?  It's up there cause it was so pretty :)

[edit]
Joe, why would I zip them when you could just wget them?
December 20, 2005, 3:47 PM
JoeTheOdd
[quote]Joe, why would I zip them when you could just wget them?[/quote]
Because, I don't have wget installed, and requesting each one individually wastes my bandwidth, and their not compressed, so yech. <3.

By the way, QB did work, just not well. =)
December 20, 2005, 11:38 PM
rabbit
I said FULLY.  It connected and all, but it never became what we originally wanted it to.
December 21, 2005, 12:59 AM
Newby
Quitting programming for Battle.net must be a new fad.
December 21, 2005, 5:33 AM
warz
A fad that began long ago.
December 21, 2005, 1:29 PM
rabbit
I've grown out of it.  I started 3 (4?) years ago, and it's starting to get boring now :\

Anyways, fad or not, I'm done.
December 21, 2005, 3:02 PM
Spht
Out of curiosity, why has battle.net programming lost appeal to you?  Is it because there aren't so many updates on the protocol being done as there used to?  Also, what are you programming for now?  Another game, community, company?

Battle.net has inspired me to learn more about programming, and I still find it a bit fun to do in my free time (as you probably noticed, I wrote another bot, but it took me 4 months to make whereas a couple years ago it'd probably take me a weekend to do the same thing).

Anyway, why did you wait until you "quit battle.net programming" to distribute these program sources?  Do they utilize everything you know about battle.net and are released finally now for others to learn off of because you're done learning about battle.net?
December 21, 2005, 6:57 PM
bethra
Maybe if they were C/C++.

I lost interest in VB 2 years ago.
December 21, 2005, 8:40 PM
rabbit
[quote author=Spht link=topic=13580.msg138760#msg138760 date=1135191460]
Out of curiosity, why has battle.net programming lost appeal to you?  Is it because there aren't so many updates on the protocol being done as there used to?  Also, what are you programming for now?  Another game, community, company?[/quote]
Partially.  I liked to try and do as much of it myself as I could...but now that it's almost entirely documented and there's very little "new" left...eh.  It also seems to be just repetition now.  I end up doing the same thing every time, maybe changing a little, when I write the connection bits...it's quite dull.  I've moved on to not so much programming, I'm focusing mostly on school, but in my extra time I play games and work mostly in PHP.

[quote]Battle.net has inspired me to learn more about programming, and I still find it a bit fun to do in my free time (as you probably noticed, I wrote another bot, but it took me 4 months to make whereas a couple years ago it'd probably take me a weekend to do the same thing).[/quote]Same thing here..

[quote]Anyway, why did you wait until you "quit battle.net programming" to distribute these program sources?  Do they utilize everything you know about battle.net and are released finally now for others to learn off of because you're done learning about battle.net?
[/quote]A few of them have been uploaded for a while to various places, and others I just never felt compelled to release.  QuikBot was only partially done by me, so I waited a while to release that.  Some of the others have been open for a while, but I never just "announced" to such a large community.

Anyway....I still program, just not for Battle.Net.  I started writing a simple chat protocol a while back, and I dabble with that every now and then, but other than that, as I said, it's mostly websites.
December 21, 2005, 10:03 PM
Myndfyr
Well, I hope you'll continue to share your experience and expertise with the community.  :)
December 21, 2005, 11:16 PM
rabbit
NEVAHR!!

*cough*
I mean...err...sure.
December 22, 2005, 4:26 AM

Search