Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | General Discussion | 3d program layout

AuthorMessageTime
Denial
Ok i figured this would be a good place to ask people here so here goes..

I need a program that i can develop a layout of a building in i need to know the best program free or having to pay it doesn't matter.

Ill need to design the building in this program and such as well as write notes and such.

Anyone know of such a program or something similar to it?

*edit* Darkminion said i should check out computer aided design ( CAD) but i don't think i can afford 3K so how about something not that expensive :)
December 19, 2005, 5:05 AM
FrOzeN
I just came across this with a bit of googling, it looks relatively good and it's free. :)
December 19, 2005, 5:14 AM
Denial
Thats nice thanks for suggesting that but im looking for something more complex like designing the outside of a building as well like the ground adding a sign and details on the building shaping it in the way you want completely from scratch ... alot of options ill need.
December 19, 2005, 7:41 AM
LoRd
Ever heard the expression you get what you pay for?
December 19, 2005, 8:30 AM
The-Rabid-Lord
My uncle is a Civil enginerr and he uses Auto CAD(I believe thats what its called) and it is the shit. Complicated though. When I wa son work experience with him we went round propetys hes working on and he showed me the Auto CAD of them and it was so complex.
December 19, 2005, 1:05 PM
rabbit
AutoCAD really is the best for this stuff.  Every college I've visited has used it, and all 3 of the engineers I know use it.  It is complicated, but you're designing complicated things, so why wouldn't it be?  Anyway, if you're really serious about it, $3k isn't that much.
December 19, 2005, 4:10 PM
Denial
not that much... ok then give me 3K ...... anyone know if i can get a discount on it and do you know if it will run off a normal computer or will does it have to be a special computer? i guess i can probably google that information.
December 20, 2005, 2:24 AM
UserLoser.
Can't you just find somewhere to download it from since paying for it is such a big deal? :P
December 20, 2005, 2:29 AM
FrOzeN
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=5603704
December 20, 2005, 2:30 AM
warz
If you know somebody at a university in the school of engineering then chances are they can get it for free from the university. I have AutoCAD on my computer from when I was planning on going through the school of engineering and I downloaded it for free through the schools website.

I had to use my university login - which is why youll need to find somebody that trusts you enough to let you use theirs.

Sadly I deleted the installer because it was several hundred mb. AutoCAD really isn't too hard if you read a book on it. I took an entire course dedicated to learning how to use it. It's a very in depth program. 100% perfect for what you're trying to do it sounds like.
December 20, 2005, 2:52 AM
Denial
[quote author=UserLoser link=topic=13578.msg138555#msg138555 date=1135045784]
Can't you just find somewhere to download it from since paying for it is such a big deal? :P
[/quote]

Find me it then... from what i heard from dm it's very doubtful that you can download it

warz do you think you can get your friend to get you it again or something of that nature cause i dont really have 3K to spend on that.
December 20, 2005, 3:16 AM
MrRaza
I can send you the latest version of AutoCAD 2006 with a crack. PM me.
December 20, 2005, 6:20 AM
Myndfyr
[quote author=Lord[nK] link=topic=13578.msg138424#msg138424 date=1134981058]
Ever heard the expression you get what you pay for?
[/quote]

Blender is an outstanding program that is free (GNU, no less), and the manual to using it is only ~US$40 IIRC.
December 20, 2005, 11:06 PM

Search