Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | General Programming | Hack or Glitch?

AuthorMessageTime
Ok so my Dad was playing a game of SC and he said that when the map loaded(Was supposed to be BGH, real Blizz Version), it didn't ever load, just a blank black screen but with the normal bottom part of the screen.  Then he said that when he tried to leave it would just dump him back into the game and he couldn't disconnect himself.  In the end, he had to kill the star.exe process in the task manager.  So do we think this was some massive random bug in starcraft or some crazy ass hack that fucks up the game to piss people off?
December 18, 2005, 1:04 AM
Yegg
Sounds like a glitch to me.
December 18, 2005, 1:21 AM
Quarantine
Most likely those 1/1000000 bugs. Try to reproduce if you can.
December 18, 2005, 2:28 AM
JoeTheOdd
Your dad plays StarCraft? =/
December 18, 2005, 2:46 AM
My Dad is actually very good at Starcraft, so is my brother.  I wasn't even there so i can't reproduce it and if i was i would have taken some screen shots.

This went in General Programming because if it was a hack it far outstretches my understanding of programming but my father seemed to believe it was and he is like ungodly certified in everything.
December 18, 2005, 3:02 AM
FrOzeN
If it were a hack, it probably just did something to trigger a glitch.

Sure it was the proper BGH Blizzard Approved? Because some maps can be made to crash StarCraft when load them, so it's probable that the glitch came from a corrupted map.
December 18, 2005, 3:09 AM

Search