Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Battle.net Bot Development | BnetAuth.dll

AuthorMessageTime
TheMinistered
I have tried porting BnetAuth using straight visual basic... I came up with some messy hacks (solutions). They, however, were very slow and non-effeciant. I highly disrecommend using a full visual basic BnetAuth.

I have tried porting BnetAuth using a hack to allow assembly in visual basic (a method using class modules) This method works.. and much faster! However, it reduces readability and is a very bad solution in itself! I highly disrecommend this too!

I have decided it is much easier to just use a assembly and/or c++ dll to do all this for you if you plan on using visual basic.

If you know another language, then I recommend avoiding visual basic @ all costs -- thank you!

[Edit (Advertisement)] If you have to use visual basic and don't want to use any libraries then I _highly_ recommend you research/look into BNLS
May 16, 2003, 7:54 PM
Camel
all you really would need to do, in theory, to speed up the process in vb is figgure out a way to:
1) _stop_ the overflow checks (remove vb runtime's control from the variables entirely)
2) there is no spoon (or in this case, number two)
May 16, 2003, 8:29 PM

Search