Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Battle.net Bot Development | Version check failed - bad version

AuthorMessageTime
Eternal
[code] Private Sub CleanSlateBot1_VersionCheck(Message As Byte, OtherInfo As String)
Select Case Message
Case 0:
'AddC vbGreen, "Version check and CD-Key check passed."
Case 1:
AddC vbRed, "Version check failed -- bad version." [/code]

Could someone help me, specifically, with this. I am getting the Case 1 response when running the program.

Looking around at several Docs, I find:

[quote] VersionCheck(Message) - This event occurs while CD key
and username/password are being checked.
Messages are:
0 - Version check and CD-Key check passed.
1 - Version check failed, bad version. [/quote]

So, I've checked the user name and password...both fine. I am testing working keys...they are fine too. I am pretty sure I have the latest version of CSB too.

Anyone got any suggestions or advice? Thanks.
May 16, 2003, 7:04 AM
Camel
why would you check your password and keys when you're failing version check?
fix your version check. :)

make sure your hash files are up to date, and that you're passing everything to whatever is doing the checkrevision correctly
May 16, 2003, 8:37 PM
drivehappy
Make sure that you have set your CSB.Product equal to the game you're using the CD keys on.
May 16, 2003, 10:23 PM
Eternal
[quote author=Camel link=board=17;threadid=1346;start=0#msg10086 date=1053117464]

make sure your hash files are up to date, and that you're passing everything to whatever is doing the checkrevision correctly
[/quote]

Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought CSB meant you didn't need hashes? That being the case, I am wondering what a bad version could be...

My CSB.Product is set fine to RATS or PXES for a SC key.

<shrugs>
May 16, 2003, 10:43 PM
Zakath
Sending bad version byte maybe?
May 17, 2003, 4:00 AM
Eternal
With Cleanslatebot!?
May 17, 2003, 4:13 PM
Zakath
I dunno...does CSB do the version byte for you? If it does, it may very well be the wrong version byte, and if it doesn't, you may have found your problem. :P
May 17, 2003, 4:38 PM
Eternal
CSB does everything for you...which is slightly puzzling...I mean, what would a bad version be if CSB does everything...hmm

<shrugs again>
May 17, 2003, 5:44 PM
OriOn
Hello Eternal,

Have u chek the new version_id? game_version and exe infos of the 1.10 ?.

version_id 0x000000c7
game_version 0x01010001
exe_info "starcraft.exe 01/04/03 20:54:04 1064960"

For the passage of the 1.09 --> 1.10 i have just change this values.

This data are send in the FF50 packet and in FF51 by the client.
Maybe u have to check this packet. Even if u have good hashes and checksum, if these values are wrong, u will not be able to connect to bnet.

May 19, 2003, 1:13 PM

Search