Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Battle.net Bot Development | [C#] Bot Sourcecode

AuthorMessageTime
Stuck
hello everyone, I'm trying to learn how winsock works. I've worked with VB.NET and now am working with C#. I'm searching for battle.net bot sourcecode written in C#, Unsuccessfully so far... Any ideas where I could find some? Even sourcecode written in VB.NET would be helpful, I'm finding alot of VB 6.0, but I'm have trouble upgrading it to VB.NET. I've looked at Planet Sourcecode without much success, any other sites I should try?

*EDIT*

I've also looked at http://www.zeroforce.net, alot of VB 6.0 and C++, but not much else.  :-[
November 23, 2005, 10:37 PM
Yegg
You don't need a C# bot source code to learn how Winsock works. You need a tutorial.
November 23, 2005, 11:49 PM
Networks
[quote author=Stuck link=topic=13337.msg135181#msg135181 date=1132785477]
hello everyone, I'm trying to learn how winsock works. I've worked with VB.NET and now am working with C#. I'm searching for battle.net bot sourcecode written in C#, Unsuccessfully so far... Any ideas where I could find some? Even sourcecode written in VB.NET would be helpful, I'm finding alot of VB 6.0, but I'm have trouble upgrading it to VB.NET. I've looked at Planet Sourcecode without much success, any other sites I should try?

*EDIT*

I've also looked at http://www.zeroforce.net, alot of VB 6.0 and C++, but not much else.  :-[
[/quote]

There aren't any open source C# bots that I know of so ZF isn't you best bet for .NET stuff. I would recommend getting in contact with MyndFyre since he knows his way around .NET. However like Yegg said, your best bet is actually learning C# and getting to know the winsock library and maybe modding VB6/C/C++ code to C# code.
November 24, 2005, 12:40 AM
Myndfyr
While I highly recommend poking and playing around with the System.Net.Sockets namespace, feel free to browse through the "source" repository at the JinxBot project at SourceForge, http://sourceforge.net/projects/jinxbot/.  It's incomplete, although a lot of the core is there.  Good luck getting me to support it though.  I busy enough without trying to remember why I coded something a certain way on a project I really haven't worked on in 6 months.
November 24, 2005, 1:10 AM
Stuck
ok, well do you guys know where I can get some VB.Net sourcecode? I keep running into VB 6.0 source and I have trouble upgrading to .NET. Know where I could get some VB.Net bot source code? I think I just needa look at a bot sourcecode, then I'll be set and can manage with C#.
November 24, 2005, 2:26 AM
Yegg
[quote author=Stuck link=topic=13337.msg135192#msg135192 date=1132799194]
ok, well do you guys know where I can get some VB.Net sourcecode? I keep running into VB 6.0 source and I have trouble upgrading to .NET. Know where I could get some VB.Net bot source code? I think I just needa look at a bot sourcecode, then I'll be set and can manage with C#.
[/quote]
How can looking at someone else's source code help you "manage with C#".
November 24, 2005, 3:37 AM
Myndfyr
Since you're apparently too lazy to locate the CVS to find my source, here is the root folder of the browser tree.
November 24, 2005, 9:38 AM
Stuck
I don't know, how did you guys learn Winsock? I've read MSDN and searched winsock multiple times, I learn better from example. I can find definitions and descriptions of what specific functions in winsock do, but I don't know how they all work together.
November 27, 2005, 12:32 AM
Yegg
Most of us probably learned from tutorials. You can find various tutorials for how to use Winsock by simply searching google for "winsock tutorial".
November 27, 2005, 1:18 AM

Search