Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Politics | I propose a new political party:

AuthorMessageTime
Zakath
How about...

The Party For People With Common Sense?

There's a reason I don't regularly post in this forum. Every time I come here, I'm disgusted by the sheer venom in otherwise intelligent peoples' words. I'd rather ignore this place than come to hate you all because you display such a staggering lack of regard for your fellows.

Can we get some bare standards of decency in here? No idea is bad just because of the party that proposed it. All political agendas have their weakness. To claim otherwise is just ignorant. I'd like to see an end to insultingly referring to people and entities because of their particular political affiliation.

How about actually evaluating people's ideas, rather than fixating on the place on the political spectrum they happen to occupy?
November 22, 2005, 7:26 PM
Arta
I do try, but so many people here seem to think that ad hominem attacks are fair that if we banned them all, there'd be no discussions. They don't seem to respond to polite requests to stop it. At least Hazard's gone.

I suppose we could take a harder line when moderating, but since most of the personal attacks come from the other side of the fence (*cough*) I'm sure I'd be accused of moderating unfairly.
November 22, 2005, 7:38 PM
Explicit[nK]
Some ad hominem attacks are unintentional, though.  I just think they need to be pointed out is all.
November 22, 2005, 9:10 PM
iago
[quote author=Explicit[nK] link=topic=13323.msg135039#msg135039 date=1132693847]
Some ad hominem attacks are unintentional, though.  I just think they need to be pointed out is all.
[/quote]
And some of them aren't. 

Arta and Zakath -- you're stupid liberal communists, shut up!

Just kidding :)

I like my way: I have no political agenda, I hate all politicians equally.  It makes it easy to get by. :-)

November 23, 2005, 3:56 AM

Search