Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Politics | Troop Pull Out!

AuthorMessageTime
Invert
GOP to Dems: Pull Troops Now? Okay, then let's vote...
Troop resolution Tonight; hitting the House floor between 5:45 and 7:45...
Ultimate showdown...

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20051118/D8DV51A80.html

source: Drudge Report
November 18, 2005, 10:17 PM
iago
I was among the first to agree that going into Iraq in the first place was dumb.  But now that they're/you're there, pulling out isn't going to solve any problems.  It's going to make it worse, if anything...
November 18, 2005, 11:25 PM
zorm
Unfortunately we have already lost the war since they have started talking about 'withdrawing'. All the terrorists have to do is know that eventually the Americans will leave as they are already getting weak. The proper answer when a congress member is asked about withdrawing should be 'Withdraw? But we haven't even got to the best part of kicking their asses yet!'
November 18, 2005, 11:37 PM
CrAz3D
Ya know, I bet Bush gets blamed for this somehow, like he is trying to pull some sort of publicity stunt (which I think the Reps are doing, sort of)

I think they're just trying to get the people of the country to wake up & realize that we cant pull out yet
November 19, 2005, 12:11 AM
Invert
I would like to drop my 3 cents on what I think should happen. I was also against the war in Iraq the way it was planned.

IMO the military should not be treated as a police force, what we should do is sweep through Iraq (tanks and all) killing all the terrorist scum that gets in the way, tell the Iraqi people (and their government) that we have done our job and it's their turn to protect and rebuild their city. Set a date for the pull out. After that is done we should have our own insurgency of Special Forces that hunt down the terrorists. I think it would be very efficient for us to have a Special Forces group to hunt down the terrorists w/o having a large military force there.

There will no longer be car bombs and land mines aimed at mass troop movements through Iraq which killed more of our military than the fighting itself.

Good fight and good night.
November 19, 2005, 12:20 AM
Topaz
It was rejected [ the bill ], anyway.
November 19, 2005, 2:29 AM
CrAz3D
[quote author=Topaz link=topic=13283.msg134613#msg134613 date=1132367344]
It was rejected [ the bill ], anyway.
[/quote]Totally obvious there, no one would pass something like that
November 19, 2005, 7:37 AM
iago
Apparently, some think it was nothing more than a cheap stunt to ridicule the idea of withdrawing from Iraq.  This is a really good story:
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/05323/609279.stm

Disclaimer: I neither no nor care whether that's a liberal or whatever anti-liberal is newspaper.  But I enjoyed reading the article. 
November 19, 2005, 8:14 AM
hismajesty
The House voted 403-3 to reject a nonbinding resolution offered by the GOP calling for the military to pull out of Iraq.

Owned.
November 19, 2005, 11:42 AM
iago
[quote author=hismajesty[yL] link=topic=13283.msg134656#msg134656 date=1132400523]
The House voted 403-3 to reject a nonbinding resolution offered by the GOP calling for the military to pull out of Iraq.

Owned.
[/quote]

Yes, the vote to change the wording failed:

[quote]Mr. Murtha's resolution had called for a withdrawal of U.S. troops "at the earliest practicable date," which he said could be done safely within six months. But the version sponsored by House Armed Services Chairman Duncan Hunter, R-Calif., stated only that "the deployment of U.S. forces in Iraq should be terminated immediately."[/quote]
November 19, 2005, 5:11 PM
hismajesty
Both failed. The one that was done like a week ago and the one last night.
November 20, 2005, 1:57 AM
Mephisto
[quote author=hismajesty[yL] link=topic=13283.msg134656#msg134656 date=1132400523]

Owned.
[/quote]

You think it's a joking matter of who wins and loses in regard to pulling out or not?

I don't think we should pull out, and obviously no one else in Congress does, but I think it's ridiculous that we still have not set a direct course for action to accomplish what we need accomplished there to safely pull out.  Both Republicans and Democrats from what I've been reading and seeing on the news are getting a bit fed up with the Bush Administration's handling of the war and want more information on the "plan for success" so-to-speak.
November 20, 2005, 8:34 PM
Forged
It is that exact same type of thought that kept us in vietnam for so long...
November 20, 2005, 11:46 PM
hismajesty
How exactly is anything I said along the lines of "joking?"
November 21, 2005, 1:08 AM

Search