Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | General Discussion | Why China Sucks

AuthorMessageTime
CrAz3D
http://www.autoblog.com/entry/1234000503040395/

My dad mentioned something about this to me that he saw on the news last night.
Some Chinese auto maker totally ripped apart & rebuilt a Chevy Aveo & called it their own! Aveos suck as it is, now China is making them & selling them & making profits? Damn Chinese.
November 18, 2005, 2:47 PM
JoeTheOdd
*finds ergot*
November 18, 2005, 5:23 PM
Networks
This is something quite similar to what we were talking about in economics just the other day. Though America may be on top as far as technology goes we're only 5 steps ahead and the rest of the countries in the world are just waiting to steal our technology. Think about it, we do all the R&D for maybe a year or a little less and other countries (ex: China) rip it apart in 1-6 months and spent VERY little money on any R&D associated with the product. They're just playing smart in all honesty. It doesn't surprise me at all. Reminds me of all the kiddies on battle.net who steal open source bots, I suppose they could say the same thing China might say: Why go through all the trouble?
November 20, 2005, 3:18 PM
CrAz3D
Word.  What is R&D?
November 20, 2005, 3:46 PM
JTN Designer
Research and Development.
November 20, 2005, 4:03 PM
Topaz
[quote author=Networks link=topic=13274.msg134783#msg134783 date=1132499907]
This is something quite similar to what we were talking about in economics just the other day. Though America may be on top as far as technology goes we're only 5 steps ahead and the rest of the countries in the world are just waiting to steal our technology. Think about it, we do all the R&D for maybe a year or a little less and other countries (ex: China) rip it apart in 1-6 months and spent VERY little money on any R&D associated with the product. They're just playing smart in all honesty. It doesn't surprise me at all. Reminds me of all the kiddies on battle.net who steal open source bots, I suppose they could say the same thing China might say: Why go through all the trouble?
[/quote]

We're not on top anymore. Other countries are expanding into technology, while the US's graduates begin to ebb. It's been like this for a while now; if we don't begin investing more into science and technology, we'll fall behind drastically.
November 20, 2005, 8:20 PM
CrAz3D
We're on top in bio sciences, til other people start pshing stem cell.  I think we're ahead in general, but not as much as we used to be.

ebb?
November 20, 2005, 11:41 PM
crankycefx
Uhh yeah seriously wtf Networks?

America is by no means at the top for technology.  Somewhere in the middle.  They just pump money into everything and claim it as theirs.
November 21, 2005, 6:46 AM
CrAz3D
Middle?  UHM, wtf no?

All we do is pump money into stuff & claim it as ours?...examples?
November 21, 2005, 6:51 AM

Search