Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Battle.net Bot Development | Error with people joing my games

AuthorMessageTime
laurion
Everytime someone tries to join one of my games created by my Bot, [ON BW] it says

"Unable to join selected game."

Any ideas why this might happen?
May 13, 2003, 8:35 PM
Camel
because you're not hosting the game with your bot
battle.net only manages the existance of the games, it doesnt actually host them; game clients host them.
May 13, 2003, 8:53 PM
laurion
Okay..!?
Is there a special way to 'host' these games? ^^;
May 13, 2003, 9:04 PM
drivehappy
Make a bot that creates a game and joins it.

EDIT: Excuse me, I was thinking Diablo II.
May 13, 2003, 9:20 PM
laurion
I did that!
May 13, 2003, 9:22 PM
tA-Kane
1) Your bot needs to have UDP support
2) Your bot must respond to StarCraft's UDP pings
3) Your bot must support the basic UDP packets required for others to join your game.
May 13, 2003, 9:46 PM
MesiaH
try to create your game with a map that comes with starcraft/brood war, this will ensure the user will not have to download it from you, causing huge amounts of udp packets ull spend days trying to figure out.

other than that, just make sure everything is sent correctly, make sure you parse udp packets and send them back all the way up till the game stats packet, then go ahead and keep sending ur udp ping packets, then you should be able to kick in with ur 0x3C, and u should be good to go.
May 14, 2003, 2:32 AM
Smurfling
Create a game within BW, log all the packets sent to/from you (UDP). BW Clients will send you a UDP packet requesting to join your game. If you don't respond properly to that they'll never be able to join. Sorry i can't really help you much but i'm currently working on this too ;)
May 14, 2003, 9:09 AM
UserLoser
What about Warcraft II game support? How similar is it to Starcraft? I would really like to see a Warcraft II winbot, if possible. I never played Warcraft II Battle.net Edition so I have no clue about it, I've only played Warcraft II: Tides of Darkness.
May 14, 2003, 3:47 PM
Kp
[quote author=UserLoser link=board=17;threadid=1324;start=0#msg9952 date=1052927258]What about Warcraft II game support? How similar is it to Starcraft? I would really like to see a Warcraft II winbot, if possible. I never played Warcraft II Battle.net Edition so I have no clue about it, I've only played Warcraft II: Tides of Darkness.[/quote]Which are you seeking: a winbot or a gamebot? Playing the game won't necessarily win, nor will winning require playing the game.
May 14, 2003, 4:29 PM
UserLoser
I am seeking a War2 winbot. Documents on the game support would help. Also later tonight maybe I'll get War2 and start trying it out for myself.
May 14, 2003, 10:44 PM
Camel
[quote author=UserLoser link=board=17;threadid=1324;start=0#msg9983 date=1052952297]
I am seeking a War2 winbot. Documents on the game support would help. Also later tonight maybe I'll get War2 and start trying it out for myself.
[/quote]

as kp so articulately said, no game actually needs to exist in order to make a winbot. all one needs to do is send the packets to bnet that would be sent in a real game, which basicly just tell it who's in the game and who won.
i can only assume that war2 is exactly the same as sc/bw
May 15, 2003, 3:36 AM
MesiaH
[quote author=Camel link=board=17;threadid=1324;start=0#msg10010 date=1052969765]
[quote author=UserLoser link=board=17;threadid=1324;start=0#msg9983 date=1052952297]
[/quote]

as kp so articulately said, no game actually needs to exist in order to make a winbot. all one needs to do is send the packets to bnet that would be sent in a real game, which basicly just tell it who's in the game and who won.
i can only assume that war2 is exactly the same as sc/bw
[/quote]

This cant be entirely true, because i made a bot that did that, my very first binary bot actually, but it never worked on battle.net... worked fine and dandy on FSGS and BNETD servers though...
May 16, 2003, 3:09 AM
Kp
[quote author=MesiaH link=board=17;threadid=1324;start=0#msg10064 date=1053054593]This cant be entirely true, because i made a bot that did that, my very first binary bot actually, but it never worked on battle.net... worked fine and dandy on FSGS and BNETD servers though...[/quote]FSGS and BnetD are not exactly known for their strict compliance with the BNCS protocol. ;) Besides which, if the question is about an aspect of battle.net binary bot, citing a bot which never worked on battle.net seems a bit irrelevant. :)
May 16, 2003, 4:32 PM
Camel
[quote author=Kp link=board=17;threadid=1324;start=0#msg10074 date=1053102759]
[quote author=MesiaH link=board=17;threadid=1324;start=0#msg10064 date=1053054593]This cant be entirely true, because i made a bot that did that, my very first binary bot actually, but it never worked on battle.net... worked fine and dandy on FSGS and BNETD servers though...[/quote]FSGS and BnetD are not exactly known for their strict compliance with the BNCS protocol. ;) Besides which, if the question is about an aspect of battle.net binary bot, citing a bot which never worked on battle.net seems a bit irrelevant. :)
[/quote]

+1 to kp for pwning mesiah :D
May 16, 2003, 8:40 PM
MesiaH
The bot worked fine, the packets didnt get me ip banned, everything was correct, but the private servers lacked certain things, yes, but as far as getting wins without udp on battle.net, no way, i even tried it last night!
May 17, 2003, 4:00 AM

Search